What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed::freezing: mornin campers...brrr...cold this morning...gonna be a high tech fabric riding clothes kinda day...at least it's not windy or hailing today...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
that's how you end up on friday fails...
i'll use the "go at a sensible speed because i'm 57 years old and don't have a bike or the skill set needed to ride heedless of the danger" force...plus,we're going into self rescue country so no cell service
I did a summersalt going down a hill last summer. No injuries. I was lucky it didn't happen in a spot where it would have been multiple cartwheels 🤸‍♂️ instead. Definitely caused a level of awareness. I used to rely on the perfect combo of skill, momentum and luck. Which is the most fun..... until you crash. Since then I have gotten better thinking ahead.

Full squish bike can really haul ass down a root covered trail. Takes about a 4ft drop to flat to eat up all the suspension. And I think body is telling me to stick to the safer options.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Looks like the mother is about to pull out all the stops and bust out some laundry for them to fold, while they're just standing around waiting to serve the men their dinner. Luckily, she knows enough not to ruin their game by talking about it!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:🚵‍♂️ surprisingly i would have to rate todays route as mostly fun...there was definitely some chunkiness in spots,a little pushing,some really fucking steep climbs...but overall a nice little lollipop route...
pic in a bit...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20230119_105308383_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230119_111847436.jpg
IMG_20230119_112637745_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230119_113922349.jpg
IMG_20230119_114828980_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was actually mostly fun...some of the climbs were steep,but everything was rideable...the bad part was where the scraper had gone over,some of those parts sucked...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What the hell. Unc you guys plow rocks out of the road. We just plow snow.
whoever was driving the grader sucked at their job,just made things worse...luckily that section wasn't too long...most of the road was pretty decent...i definitely used the crap out of the giant granny gear today

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
whoever was driving the grader sucked at their job,just made things worse...luckily that section wasn't too long...most of the road was pretty decent...i definitely used the crap out of the giant granny gear today
that looks like hell to ride on. And then you throw in attacking thorns and its a no go for me. I am to delicate for that kind of stuff.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I ordered a part for my truck last Sunday. The package came today. Nice box and a fridge magnet with bubble wrap and a invoice,. No part though.

Maybe they thought I might not need the part since it was $9.95. Truck wont run with out it though. It is the ABS speed sensor. So my trucky wont shifty.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can’t tell if that’s going downhill or if it’s just flat….Either case I could see your point about chunky rocks I wouldn’t wanna ride that D0D4F2AC-BA11-4F18-90F4-B5FC9F6873F1.jpeg