What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Here is one of the Sour Dubbles. Big plants, lots of bud. too much bud if I have to trim it
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:biggrin:

mornin campers...

another day of the trim grind...having a little wrist pain this morning...gonna need to take tomorrow off im thinking...i think there's another room to break down today so it looks like the trimming is gonna last through the weekend...

been using a cbd salve,seems to be working well,even old injuries are feeling better...too bad it's so expensive,even the bro price is 40 bucks for a tin...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013:sweet!

got the day off from trimming,need to do a bunch of stuff in my garden today so good timing...and i could use another grocery store run...and an afternoon nap!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hey unc, what was the name of the nutrients you suggested I get while I try to transition to water only from salt based?

I was checking out suiteleaf (OutKast uses it and now Joe does) and it is advertised as vegan but they recommend flushing to get rid of salt build up which I assumed one didn’t have to do with organic.

Then I looked at organic bio-thrive from general hydroponics and they recommend a ph to keep the solution at and checking and adjusting pH is one of the reasons I want to do organic soil.

I did ok last try with just dr earth soil and fish emulsion but want to do better.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I grow organic and always check and adjust my pH, takes 10 seconds.

Are you referring to fading before harvest? Just plain filtered water

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
lightning struck & killed my phone/internet ,2 lights, man that sucks ass i just bought one of those lights.
so im uesing my ex internet to type this , ill be back up in a few days.
also im ordering some more lights.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey unc, what was the name of the nutrients you suggested I get while I try to transition to water only from salt based?

I was checking out suiteleaf (OutKast uses it and now Joe does) and it is advertised as vegan but they recommend flushing to get rid of salt build up which I assumed one didn’t have to do with organic.

Then I looked at organic bio-thrive from general hydroponics and they recommend a ph to keep the solution at and checking and adjusting pH is one of the reasons I want to do organic soil.

I did ok last try with just dr earth soil and fish emulsion but want to do better.

general organics from gen hydro is what i use...i don't check or adjust the pH,don't even own a meter...

edit...

interesting...just looked up the feed chart which has changed quite a bit from when i started using it....now they say to adjust the pH to 5.5-6.5...and they recommend a fresh water flush every 3 waterings now

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
edit...
interesting...just looked up the feed chart which has changed quite a bit from when i started using it....now they say to adjust the pH to 5.5-6.5...and they recommend a fresh water flush every 3 waterings now

Interesting to me too....that’s why I asked again what you had been using....was sure it was GH.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i still think it would work well for what you are doing in a supplemental fashion without bothering to adjust pH and used lightly rather than recommended strength...

one of the GO packs should last you a while...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could just do a water only soil mix using Kis organics nute pack. This is what I use when doing full organic. Just get a bale of promix hp add nute pack, water and mix well, let is cool for 7 days its ready for use.

DBMH plants are similar from what I've seen.. There's very little variation. I only found 2 phenos with different terpene profiles. That 1 is like my NEM keeper. She has no grape. Its a mixture of sdubb/mango to me. TC, grizz, redlazer, rb26 and I think ONA has her now.

It is absolutely DBMH, and the seed was produced by you. I can tell from smoking it and the way it looks. You just didn't get one. I have more seeds, and I have a hunch there is other flavors in there too. The Sour Dubb phenos are bomb, but not my favorite in this cross. id rather smoke Sour Dubble. The Mango and Grape are a few cuts above, although the buds are not as large. These are not cash crop plants. They are top shelf stash

We can smoke some some time and you will see for yourself. I kept no clones of DBMH-x or DBMH1, but will continue running DBMH-2, and DBMH-ST.
Theoretically speaking, you may have either if you like, and share them. Its just the watermelon and OGM I cant share at this time.
My older son brought the Bucksaw seeds, but he is pretty cool about sharing. I think I have all 5 cuts rooted. I think they will be good breeding stock

Not following that post. I never said it wasn't DBMH?. No clue what you read. No one has grown more of this cross then myself. All had the same structure, all had very similar sdubb traits. The major difference between plants was terpene profiles. I like my NEM cut more the sdubb. I think shes just better because of the improvements in yield and leaf to calyx ratio. 100% cash crop pheno. I think TC agrees with this. Terpenes are different but also very good. Sdubb has a great terpene profile but sucks in other areas. If I had to pick what to grow it would be NEM. Ive given up asking to get OGM back. You've def changed since coming back. I guess you have your reasons. It's all good. I don't need OGM or anything else. I only have a few cuts left from others. I will get those out soon.

Last edited:

hayday

Veteran
I'm going back to organics. There was a forced move and my compost pile turned into a condominium. I have been using maxibloom in hempys,tryed Jacks and that really sucked. I'm going back to the origional formula that I started with.
Three Little Birds recycle soil, so easy and decent crops but with that comes bugs. I always had to fight thrips and spider mites with soil.Will not use IPM...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so if i'm reading that right NEM is a pheno of the dubble banana mango haze?

i have some nem cuts rooting by the way...

Yes, I named my DBMH keeper NEM so I wouldn't get it mixed up wit hall the other DBMH plants. It can get very confusing with so many plants with the same name. Cool im glad you where able to get her in.,

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow:alrighty....done with veg for today...got about 30 plants up-potted and as usual ended up one plant short of having enough medium to finish...

time for lunch...i should have gone shopping earlier...back to work tomorrow so i doubt i will have the energy to make a store trip...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The Mango cut of DBMH (2) has more myrcene in it then the others. It bumps the high up for me. Most of the cuts are pretty good

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I went rummaging into my archives and thought I already popped all of these.:dance013: Guess I better finish the pack off. :biggrin:
picture.php

They gotta be every bit of 10 yrs old. I picked these up when C99 was all the rage. I already grew 4 females outta this pack yrs ago. They were all very uniformed....hard to tell them apart. Lip smackin grapefruit. Had to let my keeper go due to she was so prone to powerdery mildew. No other plants ever got it. Eagle 20 couldn’t even stop it!! Lol. Those were the days. I would like to think my grow game has been stepped up since then....