What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Morning folks....just relaxing...nice morning to take some bird pics

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ever smoked real frosty buds that don't get you high? Same concept, but backwards.

Not since the 70's. Lots of Hemp was going around. You can't tell hemp for drug types by looks.

My son came by to grab some fossilized seabird guano, and checked out and smelled all the plants. He was impressed with my sour Dubb. Its blowing out more trics then his is. The bucksaw are good interesting terps, but still faint. The real surprise was a plant from a cross I did last winter, that wasn't expected to do much. Its Sour Dubble x Maple Leaf Indica. My son kept going back for another smell, even after he walked away. He said get some cuttings off it. I think I have a lot more of those seeds.
He described the terps as, Sour Dubble backbone, with very fruity overtones. He said its also very spicy. Interesting looking plant with a different structure, and marble puffball buds all over it

Sour Dubb passes her terpenes in most crosses shes used in.

Has always had me scratching my head. My Tresdawg is not a frosty strain but always tests 26-30%.
My RHS is the frostiest strain I run and the highest it has tested was 22% but usually is more like 17-20.

The good thing is I have extractors telling me % is % when it comes to extracts. In other words a 30% strain should yield 30% in concentrate so looks like a Tresdawg run will be coming up in the new room.

THC potency doesn't equate to yield as far as I know. Potency degrades over time. If tested right after harvest you will get the best results. 3 months later it will be lower, 3 months after that it will be lower again. This is why testing for potency is useless IMO. By the time the end users get the product it will be lower than what it tested at.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was an exciting finish...super steep climb,grades up to 26%,and another big mountain stage tomorrow...3 in a row...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:alrighty...morning chores done so off to the grow shop...not so bad out this morning,still in the 70's but humid out...got a bunch of up-pots to do today...gonna need to run to walmart too and get bleach and dish soap so i can wash pots..should be well set for plants when its time to fire up the gavitas again...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hammer what I was getting at was a 10% strain should yield roughly 10% concentrate (bho) by weight and a 30% strain should yield 30% by weight. At least that is how it was explained to me by a dude who did some work for me.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer what I was getting at was a 10% strain should yield roughly 10% concentrate (bho) by weight and a 30% strain should yield 30% by weight. At least that is how it was explained to me by a dude who did some work for me.

the key word there is should...that's where the skill and knowledge of the blaster comes into play as well as the quality and efficiency of their system...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013: glad thats done with...too bad that wasn't a for fun ride,i was moving along pretty steadily with the bale of medium,didn't feel that hard today...worked up a good sweat though,my sunglasses were about opaque with sweat by the time i got home...:toohot:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
hey unc, this guy wants to know if he can go on the next group ride..

He's not real good on the climbs, but he loves the downhill part of the ride...

Attachments

• wood bike.jpg
    wood bike.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
yeah he does... He carved them out of a log too...

ps... check out his brake lever, on the right side of the bicycle

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran

That's about right. There's more in there then THC.
We get about 20 % from glue.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
the key word there is should...that's where the skill and knowledge of the blaster comes into play as well as the quality and efficiency of their system...
Definitely. Sent a bunch of my last crop out to three different extractors to compare results.
And let them all know that as well to hopefully thwart any shenanigans. If one comes in 5% power than the other two I’ll have a good idea I’ve been ripped off.
Seems to be that will be what the new barn will be going for, wpff. Saves me $200 a lb on the trimming and makes it non-perishable for the most part.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Let us know how that goes. I don't see many getting 30%. Most get 15-20% yields. Your doing well at 25%. Trichome density has a big impact on yields. None of this has anything to do with potency.

https://www.newcannabisventures.com/how-to-measure-cannabis-extraction-efficiency/

There are many “numbers” that are thrown around with respect to extraction. We most often hear the question, “What are your yields?”
“Yield” is a term that has commonly been applied to the amount of mass extracted from the feedstock, compared to the mass of feedstock used.
For example, a 100% yield would imply that the mass of the extract product equaled the mass of the initial feedstock.
Obviously this cannot occur but a more realistic scenario is obtaining 90 grams of extract from 1 lb (454 g) of feedstock.
This would equate to a “yield” of approximately 20% (90 g divided by 454 g = 19.8%)
. I dont know if this is trim of flower.
This percentage, or the commonly referred to “yield,” is a practically meaningless number.
Here’s why: Products made using material that has been extracted are measured and often sold based upon the amount of THC content.
The “yield” does not measure THC content in any way. Thus, the potency, the amount of THC, is the most critical number to be concerned about.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:plant grow: 20 some odd up-pots done...got clones in cups of everything in the dome aside from strawberry diesel...hopefully all those will root soon,thats another good winter variety...

so looking forward to winter...should be some nicely purple buds with all the cookie crosses...

the only bad thing about fall....football...:) it's even more boring to watch than bike racing! bike races are at least exciting for the last 20km or so!