What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So does this smelling out the males from the females include rubbing the stems with your fingers then smelling them(the sent on your fingers or the plant), or is it the level of the odder that the plant has when you smell it (like smelling the roses)?

What is the difference in smell that puts your plants in the male or female pile? Then from about what week range can you start telling if they are male or female?

Oh by the way some times reading the pre-flowers, they have lied to me or I didn't read them right...........

The only way to learn is with a lot of growing experience. Getting a lot of males so u can learn how they stink differently from females. I don't get different aromas from different parts of the plant. It all smells the same to me. If I get that aroma I put a mark on the tag and wait to see if I was right. Plants don't put out much aroma until 2 weeks+ veg. Some can but not typical.

Pre flowers don't lie. You just have to wait long enough. Mistakes are generally made on hermies. I check them often on multiple nodes. You still have to check them while flowering if its something new. 1 pollen sac can ruin a run.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The only way to learn is with a lot of growing experience. Getting a lot of males so u can learn how they stink differently from females. I don't get different aromas from different parts of the plant. It all smells the same to me. If I get that aroma I put a mark on the tag and wait to see if I was right. Plants don't put out much aroma until 2 weeks+ veg. Some can but not typical.

Pre flowers don't lie. You just have to wait long enough. Mistakes are generally made on hermies. I check them often on multiple nodes. You still have to check them while flowering if its something new. 1 pollen sac can ruin a run.

Okay you sound like you are not going to mention/share more details on your smelling out the males from the rest. If you mentioned more details and then others where/are able to reproduce the results too........

You know it's not often I hear you talking about males, most of the time I recall you mentioning the female seeds you've been doing.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Eggbeater pedals

Eggbeater pedals

50% off at the local bike shop, you got any of those unc? Not gonna but any but curious what you thought of them as they aren’t cheap. But like everything else, you get what you pay for.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
50% off at the local bike shop, you got any of those unc? Not gonna but any but curious what you thought of them as they aren’t cheap. But like everything else, you get what you pay for.

good pedals,really easy to get out of,the cleats wear out fairly quickly since they are made of brass if you walk around in them a bunch...they take some getting used to since theres zero platform to them so they feel a bit squirmy underfoot at first,also super easy to click into since they are 4way...

i'm on all flat pedals myself,i dont clip in anymore...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
A opossum got at my hens this morning just before 5 AM. I chased it off. Looks like Minimini lost a eye , has some teeth marks on the head and is real sore.

I will have to see how she does in the next couple days. And I have a opossum to catch and get rid of.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
A opossum got at my hens this morning just before 5 AM. I chased it off. Looks like Minimini lost a eye , has some teeth marks on the head and is real sore.

I will have to see how she does in the next couple days. And I have a opossum to catch and get rid of.

I found a doe (female deer) in the back yard last week during daytime hours. The day before she was in the neighbors back yard, during daytime hours.

Had been thinking of putting a couple plant in the back yard. After seeing the doe in the back yard, I'll have to rethink that idea if I want to avoid any munching going on as a salad for the deer.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I used to have three possums as pets. They lived under my couch and used a litter box. I would forget to tell people and one would come out and waddle upstairs, people would snap lol.

The largest male was a trip. He would eat french fries lengh wise. They get sick of food really fast so had to keep mixing up the fruits and veggies. They love brussel sprouts!

They can't see past 6-8", but up close their vision is outstanding. They can catch crickets with blinding speed. They can also run really fast, and it's funny to watch.

The girl lived for 5 years, she was such a sweet marsupial. She would ride in my hoodie pocket all over the place.

Yep, I know, I'm weird lol

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mornin campers...

got some rain last night and this morning,a whole 1/4 of an inch...hauling medium today,and its garden day so somewhat busy...and a second store run once i get the first load of stuff home...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I used to have three possums as pets. They lived under my couch and used a litter box. I would forget to tell people and one would come out and waddle upstairs, people would snap lol.

The largest male was a trip. He would eat french fries lengh wise. They get sick of food really fast so had to keep mixing up the fruits and veggies. They love brussel sprouts!

They can't see past 6-8", but up close their vision is outstanding. They can catch crickets with blinding speed. They can also run really fast, and it's funny to watch.

The girl lived for 5 years, she was such a sweet marsupial. She would ride in my hoodie pocket all over the place.

Yep, I know, I'm weird lol

Oh gosh! Theres a memory. About 4 yeas ago, I found a deceased mother possum at work. I don't know how long she had been dead, but her pupps were still hanging on her nipples. I grabbed all the babies, put them in a box with a saucer of water and called my kid ( Infinity roots). He came and picked them up, and raised them to teenage, then released them in the wild life area at Lodi lake. Those were cute little critters, and I would have brought them home if I didn't have Pitbulls

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php

ive been swaping weed for chocolate shroom bars for the last couple weeks.
3 gr pre candy bar 1 gr pre brake, 1 brake will get u going ,i like dooing 2 brakes

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for no particular reason

for no particular reason

this is called a Bonnehead Shark , it's the smallest member of the Hammerhead family >>> apparently it's one of the only species of shark observed to eat sea grass as well as it's regular diet of fish and crabs ...etc

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
got 4 cups of fossilized seabird guano mixing with 50 gallons of water out back. Makes fertilizing quick and easy, and quick acting.

One of those Bucksaw looks like its going to have some big globe shaped buds. They are going to likely be oversized for the plant. I didn't get any cuttings off that plant, but may try again.

The furthest along Lebanese smells like Maui

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and lets not forget burt got to bang sally fields when she was a hot little piece of ass!

well that was amusing...rode home right into a thunderstorm and pea size hail...at least i had my phone in a ziplock bag this time...