What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I don't have fungus gnats, but I remember someone in here did. Ive just heard that the cure for fungus gnats is a layer of rice hulls on top.

Im in the process of tilling in 150 lbs of rice hulls into my adobe soil

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here’s a few quick shots I took of some lowers of a Firestorm this morning. Gonna try to take some pics at harvest in a few days...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one of my ice probes failed. I found the Peltier had failed. The model they used was just 60w. I got a 90w and a 135w. I'm testing the 90w now. I got it setup with a temp controller set to 72f. I will leave it and see how well it controls. After a week I will try the 135w and see if it cools down lower and if it works better with hot ambient temps. These don't work well when its hot.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe go in the room during lights off with one of those green growroom lights but shine it on your face...the sight of which should have the nazis opening the ark of the covenant effect on the bugs!:biggrin:

:tumbleweed: not too hot yet today...gonna need to get new pads for the shop swamp cooler...already pretty gacked up with calcium,and it looks like the belt could be tightened up a bit...only 2 more months of hot weather!

at least i haven't been up on the roof as much this summer...and the house has been comfortable even on the humid days...

:mopper: back to work...busy garden day,and back to the trim job tomorrow...

redlaser

Veteran
110 or more witch is good. Trying to get my grow room up as high as possible. 120 or higher.

I’ve tried heated air treatments for mites when I thought I had them possibly. Turned out I didnt.

But from doing some research 118 is the target temp for 20-30 minutes.

Ideally you want to treat smaller plants because the temps will drop almost 1-2 degrees per foot of height.

In areas where I hit 120 degrees I had losses, most of the top half of the plant fried.

No fans on plants or it will be worse as far as losses.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
maybe go in the room during lights off with one of those green growroom lights but shine it on your face...the sight of which should have the nazis opening the ark of the covenant effect on the bugs!:biggrin:

:tumbleweed: not too hot yet today...gonna need to get new pads for the shop swamp cooler...already pretty gacked up with calcium,and it looks like the belt could be tightened up a bit...only 2 more months of hot weather!

at least i haven't been up on the roof as much this summer...and the house has been comfortable even on the humid days...

:mopper: back to work...busy garden day,and back to the trim job tomorrow...

Put a calcium filter on the inlet. I used to use one for patio misters

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If u don't have ur veg room locked down ur flower room will suffer. U must do most of ur IPM in veg. In flower I only use Sulfur a few times for the 1st weeks of flower. Do not put anything into flower that hasn't been inspected. For us that grow less that 25 plants it works well. For me I don't need to treat my plants often, when I do its for thrips or a slight case of PM. Noticing these issues early is key. I've not had any issues getting PM under control with just 1-2 applications of Oxidate 2.0. Thrips are toast with just 1 application of Spinosad. Once u get the veg room under control ur flower room will thrive

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After 24hrs the 90w is still working but its def struggling keeping temps at 72f with ambient temps at 80f. When the 135w gets here I will put that in. Fingers crossed it will handle higher ambient temps much better.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammer, what temp are you trying to reach? I am assuming for your mister?

i didn't even know hammer was engaged! mazeltof!:biggrin:

wait,i think i read that wrong:)

another hour to go then round two in the garden...got a buncha plants to harvest then sweep and mop and reset basically the whole room aside from 4 plants...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO. I will never get married.

Hammer, what temp are you trying to reach? I am assuming for your mister?

I like to keep my mister @70f. If its hot inside 80f it will struggle keeping it @70f. The hotter the water is the less O2 is in it, also requires frequent water changes. I do my water changes every 7-10 days @70f. If its 80f I would need to do it every 5 days or less. U can tell its to hot when the roots start to discolor.

CBS1
picture.php

FLASHPOINT
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts