What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Only 98 today. Must be 110 minimum in the plant. Carrying around a bucket of ice and a wash cloth to stay cool with

onavelzy

Veteran
Only 98 today. Must be 110 minimum in the plant. Carrying around a bucket of ice and a wash cloth to stay cool with

After approximately 8 glorious weeks of 65-75 degree weather, we folks down in SD joined the rest of the "Global Warming" community this weekend. It's been so long, I'd forgotten what 100+ feels like. I checked online and I was surprised to see it got to 112 on Friday. Today is less lethal, 99 max so far. This is Oklahoma hot.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
...at least i have no landlord worries here...heck,he drove me to pick up 75% of the grow equipment and all the stuff like 2x4s and drywall...

Lucky for you to have a landlord like that!

well that was a real fucker of a trail ride! without a doubt the hardest trail in the area.. a bunch of people too,like a dozen showed up for the ride...

Judging from the pictures, I'm betting you were the old fart of the group..:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i almost always am the oldest on the group rides...and yet i'm still often in the front...not today though,the climb up the trail was basically concentrated skills i'm not very good at,i.e. it was super rocky and fairly technical the whole way up...there were a few sections where the trail is perched on the hillside and rocky...tough trail...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
After approximately 8 glorious weeks of 65-75 degree weather, we folks down in SD joined the rest of the "Global Warming" community this weekend. It's been so long, I'd forgotten what 100+ feels like. I checked online and I was surprised to see it got to 112 on Friday. Today is less lethal, 99 max so far. This is Oklahoma hot.

I think its just because Im getting old, that the heat seems worse. Ive lived in the same town here in Northern Ca since the 50s. What I remember as a kid in the early 60s it was hotter, and we had no AC. Not even a wall unit. I cant remember when the central air came out for regular americans, just that I was super happy when it did.

Yeah I remember summers when it hit 115 degrees several times, and once when it hit 117. Its nothing like that now.

Man that blonde has a sweet ass :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course it was different when you were a kid doc,the continents were still locked together in pangea and dinosaurs ruled the world!

Drumskinz

well life just keeps throwing curves my way !!! i no longer have a place to grow . the garage LL called me today , says he knows whats going on in there & can't have it going on . says hes not pissed or anything & personally doesn't care , but as a land lord , he can't take the chance i get caught . it could screw him as well as me .

which i understand , & am glad he was cool about it & called me & not the cops !!!!
but i have 2 weeks to get everything outa there ......

so .... no grow = no income ...... i'm pretty much fucked !!!

dunno how i'm gonna do this as my one kid is in the middle of moving an hour & a half away (the only one willing to help me do anything ) & my cousin is outa town for the next week & i can't even walk 20ft without gasping for air ......

still living in the house that i got scammed on & have no right being in ......

yup ....... lifes a real bitch sometimes & i seem to be the blunt of karmas joke right now for some fuckin reason !!!!

Sorry Had to vent a little & let ya's know ...... i might not be around for awhile .......

Aw geez Dan that really sux...I just returned from gigging this weekend and when I read your post man I was stunned. Like everyone here has said and meant you have been an inspiration to many if not all of us. Please don’t give up...I’m sure things will turn and you will find a place that you can call your own soon and reflect that this was just a blip on the screen.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

yeah,just doesn't seem fair dan is having to deal with all this,i mean seriously,how many people has he helped out? you would think all that good karma would be repaid....

same old going on here...should be some actual rain this week,got a little last night,only going to be in the 80's this week,but it's mighty humid for here....even 30-40% feels like being underwater compared to the usual 10%...

some excitement today at least...get to go to the bike shop and order a suspension fork for the timberjack so that project will basically be done...it's been an awesome bike so far,well worth what seems like a giant pile of flaming cash....only 7 grand-ish total,but that's with 2 sets of wheels and 2 forks and 2 drivetrain choices so it's more like 6 different bikes!:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds more like root aphids or one of those other dreaded bug problems...

but to track down the problem ask yourself what's different about what you're doing now...different medium/nutes/what have you...some times they change the ingredients in medium and nutes with no warning,or stuff goes bad but seems fine on the surface...and sometimes you just need to tear down and clean the crap out of everything and sorta start fresh...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:aw yeah!

my danglebong finally got here!
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

and i went down to the shop and ordered a rock shox pike for the timberjack...gonna be hella shredy!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

Well, at least now you'll have something to dangle in front of the ladies to impress them....

We finally got a nice rain on Friday night and a little Saturday morning... Went to the hideout this morning, two of the girls have topped 7 feet tall..
One of the NYCD haze's is only 5 feet tall, but she's also 5 feet wide!:woohoo:

She looks like a big, green bowling ball....

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Taking a quick break, every little item associated with the grow is getting wiped down...twice. Have relocated the only small tent going that has my few moms which are looking healthier and healthier every day.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Hope you enjoy the hell outta that unc.......

I just bought a $20 straight tube bong, it was haunted by the spirit of Bob Marley (it was a counterfeit), and so I passed that bad juju piece onto a stoner who just can't say no to anything free, haunted n' all.

that was $130 right???

my X-mas present to me maybe.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,it was 130 bucks....comes with a pre cut cork that has a hole for the stem so it all stows for travel...and you know,it's titanium so it's got built in cool factor!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man...fedex sucks at shipping,the order i'm waiting for spent 3 days bouncing back and forth in the midwest before it started actually coming towards me...i dunno how they make money driving a package backwards almost 1000 miles

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
yeah,just doesn't seem fair dan is having to deal with all this,i mean seriously,how many people has he helped out? you would think all that good karma would be repaid....

So true, so if someone can work out a way to set up a little donation fund to help out to help a brother get by I will contribute $100 to get it started.