What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Happy 4th of July everyone!

I hope you all have a nice relaxing day!

I'm pulling weeds all day then maybe treat myself to some bush hogging!

Going to be 95 and humid here today. Good times!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

going down to a party later on,but its work day in the garden again so gotta be here to do that...

and of course i need to go to wallyworld again...should be fun on the 4th...as long as i stay away from the budlite i should be ok!

thankfully it's a midweek holiday...hopefully that will keep the fireworks to a reasonable hour....

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Just got back from garden. Deer plowed through electric fence and decimated the garden. So frustrated I may start drinking now.

I've tried everything. Piss, soap, pie plates, fishing line fence, electric fence, etc. Looks like I need a 10' solid physical barrier, around 5 acres. Will need a loan for that.

There is a herb of a 100+ so a nuisance permit and shooting them is not an option.

At wits end with these fuckers.

gmanwho

Veteran
I looked at the Crunch Controller and found the right contactor has gone bad. I also noticed the Neutral wires for the 120v outlets where green(wrong color wire) and burnt. I replaced them with larger white wire. I hate the timer on this thing so im gonna take it off and use a trigger cord to an external Digital timer.

I had a hell of a time finding a place that had these contactors. If anyone needs some here ya go.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=130

I found others that are super expensive. Not sure if any use these. I cant see where the Coil wire are.
https://www.amazon.com/GE-CR453AD2AAA-Replaced-C25DNF240A-Contactor/dp/B00WN4JYRG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530663259&sr=8-2&keywords=Contactor%2C+2+pole%2C+40%2F50+A%2C+120V+Coil

worse thing is knowing that it was built prior to the cheapest production an material costs to create the highest profit margin.

tbh wouldnt worry about the color, more concerned that it burnt.

most likely they where running thinner copper to save a few cents per box. if you can up the gauge one or 2 sizes it could make the difference.

was it burnt only at the connector? or along the wire?

out of curiosity, what are u running on the 120 outlets?

onavelzy

Veteran
Just got back from garden. Deer plowed through electric fence and decimated the garden. So frustrated I may start drinking now.

I've tried everything. Piss, soap, pie plates, fishing line fence, electric fence, etc. Looks like I need a 10' solid physical barrier, around 5 acres. Will need a loan for that.

There is a herb of a 100+ so a nuisance permit and shooting them is not an option.

Border Collie?

320-641757084-border-collie-jumping-in-grass.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:off to wallyworld...my frickin back is acting up again,might be some serious hyper-nap-tosis going on later...supposed to be reasonable temps all week so i would like to get some riding in...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
worse thing is knowing that it was built prior to the cheapest production an material costs to create the highest profit margin.

tbh wouldnt worry about the color, more concerned that it burnt.

most likely they where running thinner copper to save a few cents per box. if you can up the gauge one or 2 sizes it could make the difference.

was it burnt only at the connector? or along the wire?

out of curiosity, what are u running on the 120 outlets?

They where scorched on the coil . I think that's what fried 1. I have 1 315 and 1 630 + water pump and 4" inline. I was way under the max 8000w load it can handle but the wire size on the 120v outlets where to small to handle that many amps. I'm gonna swap all the ballast over to 240v side. only use the 120v for small shit. It draws to many amps using those for lights. As for color if its wrong its wrong. I don't do shit like that.

I will make it much better than it was. .

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Happy "Independence from the Empire" Day!

Cooking out on the grill this afternoon, but today was watering day, so I just got back from a trip to the hideout....

I gave 'em all water and Neptune's fish fertilizer, along with a little magnesium...
It's hot and humid and I was dripping in sweat by the time I was done.

Everything is just blowing up out there, and looking good....:canabis:

For comparison, here's the hideout on June 14th and the exact same view yesterday morning..

Attachments

• june 14..hideout.jpg
    june 14..hideout.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 8
  • july 3..   hideout.jpg
    july 3.. hideout.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 12

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Happy Independence day!

Happy Independence day!

You are lookin real good over there Bud! I like that Neptunes too. Just used the last of mine. I had 4 gallons. You only want to use that stuff outside. It stinks to high heaven indoors. I know.....

I went by the grow house to sample some light dep buds. The Watermelonhead was extravagant in odor and flavor. Good high too. His OGMango was about twice as strong as mine. Instant headrush. I may have picked mine later.

My youngest son and my grand sons will be over tonight. Ive got regular fireworks for the kids, and some real big rockets for the adults.

Happy "Independence from the Empire" Day!

Cooking out on the grill this afternoon, but today was watering day, so I just got back from a trip to the hideout....

I gave 'em all water and Neptune's fish fertilizer, along with a little magnesium...
It's hot and humid and I was dripping in sweat by the time I was done.

Everything is just blowing up out there, and looking good....:canabis:

For comparison, here's the hideout on June 14th and the exact same view yesterday morning..

Drumskinz

Have you ever tried a combo of wood ashes, tobacco dust and blood meal. Used to use it all the time in my garden to ward off them fuckers... who knows just like everything else tho they are probably immune to it now

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Have you ever tried a combo of wood ashes, tobacco dust and blood meal. Used to use it all the time in my garden to ward off them fuckers... who knows just like everything else tho they are probably immune to it now

Ive also heard that about blood meal. My dogs try to eat it, but I think deer don't like it. I would mix it thick and apply along the fence. As for tobacco dust, you could use some dry snuff powder from American Tobacco products.

I don't have deer here, just rodents, and worms. Havnt seen any mites of any kind so far this year, but tiny moth works were kicking my ass, and it was too late for worm spray.

I will be covering the full season plants with mosquito netting at night, after they go into bud. Sweet plants really attract moths.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just ask trump how to get Mexico to build it for free.......

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
What's popping y'all…..

The feeling I got when I was just getting going on my first grow of cannabis :woohoo: is kinda how excited I am on my first "shitake" grow. 50% so far.....two out of four spawn bags needed tossing but the other two look good so far,

picture.php

Good one

picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

fireworks stopped around midnight so not so bad this year...it helps that they ban more and more types of fireworks from even being sold due to fire danger..frankly i'm not even sure why people bother,the stuff they sell is pretty lame....i mean you gotta really try to blow fingers off now!:smoky:

anyway...a bunch of laundry to do today,back feels better again,hopefully that will last...thursday gravel ride tonight...dunno how much longer those will go on,there aint that many dirt roads that are actually fun around here...