What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hey unc, whilst riding everyone and then my rear gear jumps from smallest sprocket to next then back down to smallest. Only on those two gears. YouTube it and try to adjust myself or just go ahead and take it in? Thanks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey unc, whilst riding everyone and then my rear gear jumps from smallest sprocket to next then back down to smallest. Only on those two gears. YouTube it and try to adjust myself or just go ahead and take it in? Thanks

it's one of those things thats really simple yet highly frustrating but it sounds like your lower limit is out of adjustment,but it could also probably be solved by fiddling with the cable tension if your shifter has and adjuster where the cable goes into the shifter body...

there should be plenty of you tube videos explaining it all...no really special tools are involved provided you have a set of metric allen wrenches...and it's of course super helpful to have a bike workstand since you need to get behind the bike to visually line up the pulley on the derailleur with the bottom cog...

also,another simple thing to check is that the wheel is aligned correctly,that can also cause ghost shifting...

and if your chain is all ganked up and not clean and lubed it can cause that...or worn out,or you're severely cross chained by being on the smallest front chainring and the smallest rear cog...

so short answer,i would say bike shop!:biggrin:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

bud,that was a gano level pun there!:)

kickstands on mountain bikes would be a terrible idea,unless they had a really strong,and thus heavy spring they would constantly be opening up at the wrong moment...and on something like my ogre for one thing theres no place to mount one really,and with a load on the bike a single arm kickstand would probably bend the frame...

:coffee:slow start today,just need to do errands though so no big hurry to get moving,might go ride later at tuesday night ride...just have to see how hot it gets...

But you always have a kick stand on your bikes. When you are on them, you just kick you leg out and stand, there is your kick stand...:)

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran

The Cannondale used to do something worse then that. It used to slip from low, off of the sprocket toward the spokes. It actually is pretty easy to adjust, but since the bike shop did an initial out of box inspection, I let them adjust it , so I could show them that they sucked the first time they set it up. Plus it was free.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I think the lefturfight guy is rez lol

View Image

You are one ugly monkey :biggrin:

And here I thought he'd look more Native American, to fit that name res.

he looks kind of like the type of person that I'd think would be likely to start doing meth, with that being an early before much use. I could be wrong!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
And here I thought he'd look more Native American, to fit that name res.

he looks kind of like the type of person that I'd think would be likely to start doing meth, with that being an early before much use. I could be wrong!

I thought the same exact thing, lol.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I looked at the Crunch Controller and found the right contactor has gone bad. I also noticed the Neutral wires for the 120v outlets where green(wrong color wire) and burnt. I replaced them with larger white wire. I hate the timer on this thing so im gonna take it off and use a trigger cord to an external Digital timer.

I had a hell of a time finding a place that had these contactors. If anyone needs some here ya go.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_31&products_id=130

I found others that are super expensive. Not sure if any use these. I cant see where the Coil wire are.
https://www.amazon.com/GE-CR453AD2AAA-Replaced-C25DNF240A-Contactor/dp/B00WN4JYRG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1530663259&sr=8-2&keywords=Contactor%2C+2+pole%2C+40%2F50+A%2C+120V+Coil

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Let me know how the new movie is. Ive been watching them since the original tv show in the 60s. Right now, Im rewatching Star Trek: Enterprise. 1 hour episodes

Crazy how a quick Google search can show you show much about a person without paying a dollar. Lots of sites willing to sell personal info for a lot of dough, many private but some public.

Been on vacay in Florida since Sunday and haven't smoked any flower yet, been quite anxious and depressed but between cruising the mag and talking to my good buddy, it's helped me chill out a bit. Even ate a good lunch and feel sleepy, might get more than 3 hours of sleep tonight lol

Soon as I get back home I'm gonna rip a bong of 2.0, crank the AC, and pass out watching the new star wars movie on Netflix. Don't judge me too hard, I've been putting in work this summer lol

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Both the new star trek movies kicked ass, I've never seen the episodes tho, my uncle says they are his favorite.

I saw Stargate from 94 and thought that was pretty cool too, wonder how the series compares

What new star trek movies are you talking about? If you are talking about the ones with the new time line with Kirk and Spock? I think that they sucked dog shit. They let J.J. Abrams f-up star trek and then he went on to do the same to star wars with his pet stool, Adam Driver.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What new star trek movies are you talking about? If you are talking about the ones with the new time line with Kirk and Spock? I think that they sucked dog shit. They let J.J. Abrams f-up star trek and then he went on to do the same to star wars with his pet stool, Adam Driver.

Star trek discovery series on Netflix EU or CBS all access pass. Its not on free TV. I watched season 1. IMO it's a killer Star trek series. Much better than any of the others. The Klingon look awesome..

star-trek-klingons.jpg

dscpromo-remainklingon-head.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Star trek discovery series on Netflix EU or CBS all access pass. Its not on free TV. I watched season 1. IMO it's a killer Star trek series. Much better than any of the others. The Klingon look awesome..

I like Enterprise with Sub commander Tpol. The cute Vulcan science officer with the sweet ass. That's Netflix too.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enterprise was on free TV many moons ago. Ur right she does have a nice ass. I watched her on Jimmy fallen. She said if anyone want to bend her over they would have to pay for it LMAO.

84498b82ef7d651bb2bfbdf69f18979a.jpg

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

View Image
View Image

I haven't seen Discovery yet. So I can't make any kind of a comment on it yet. I'll see it at some point I'm sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts