What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad news the Crunch light controller failed like DB unit did. 4 outlets have no power coming off the relay for that side. Luckily im not using all my lights. I will pull it and see what happened tomorrow. I do have a few spare controllers so I wont have any downtime if it needs to stay off for repairs. I might just go through all the wiring and redo it. Will see what kind of relays there using and replace those if there cheap.

onavelzy

Veteran
Im bidding on a very big vintage Mason jar on Ebay to put my harvest into. Burping one jar id better then burping 10-20. Plus it looks hella cool. Over 100 bucks

Its slightly overcast here, 66 degrees. Nippley weather. Gotta get the Lebanese, Shiva, and all the Maple crosses into the ground. Ive got it freshly plowed and ready to go

there's a 2 gall jar for $146 on CL in OC. that same eagle jar that was in that pic i put up. They do look cool. Just haul one of those suckers out the next time the gang is over at your place, hanging around the sofa watching a game, "Anybody want to roll one up?"

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
1 got the 4 gallon, and a 1 gallon, and a small blue 1/2 pint with a glass lid and bail. They all have the bail and replaceable seal

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Morning fellas :tiphat: , finishing up a spliff and then off for a ride. My few momma plants are really starting to look good again, they have been treated twice with triple-action.

I see the name Owsley mentioned quite a bit by some of the folks I follow on IG. Going to have to look that up today as I am curious about the chemist now

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I was thinking about something the other day...

You know how when unc shows us pics of his latest 60 mile bike ride thru the desert,
he shows us pics of the trip and the last pic is always a pic of his bicycle leaning against a wall or leaning against something.

I was wondering why his bike doesn't just stand up by itself, but then I realized, it's just two tired.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Kickstands would add weight is why I assume unc has none. I don’t either but it is just because it came w/o one.

Stanley Owsley, an audio engineer associated with the Grateful Dead that was also a clandestine chemist that by his account made 5grams LSD between 1965-67. Enough for 5 million hits :yipes:

gmanwho

Veteran
Hk, time to start building your own. Built controller number 8 already.

basic inside. square d QO sub panel, 60 amp 220v contact relay feeding the panel , breakers. 120v 8 event digital timer controlling the solenoid on the relay for time on an off.( this timer allows my veg to go 8/4) separate breakers for each lighting zone.

picture.php

version 2.0 i incorporated a titan controls overheat shut down.

picture.php

contact relay off ebay. overheat controller off hydro website, then rest from lowes. under $180 or so to build

gmanwho

Veteran
Forgot to mention that if someone is not comfortable with assembling one of these, there is someone who can build a custom one for your needs. gonna reach out an see if he is still building them, pm me an i can relay his info.

friend of mine ordred one about 2 years back. i helped install it for him. i took one look at it an started building my own. i am not sure if the overheat shutdown was an option.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
i have an autopilot master controller that has a faulty contact for the co2 outlet. When the unit calls for co2 the outlet no longer turns on. I had it fixed once under warranty and then it stopped working again and is no longer under warranty.
I’m tempted to open it up and see if it’s something I could fix but I don’t even know what I’d be looking for short of a loose wire.

Morning all.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have an autopilot master controller that has a faulty contact for the co2 outlet. When the unit calls for co2 the outlet no longer turns on. I had it fixed once under warranty and then it stopped working again and is no longer under warranty.
I’m tempted to open it up and see if it’s something I could fix but I don’t even know what I’d be looking for short of a loose wire.

Morning all.

your sparky should be able to tell you whats wrong with it & how easy/hard it would be to fix .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

bud,that was a gano level pun there!:)

kickstands on mountain bikes would be a terrible idea,unless they had a really strong,and thus heavy spring they would constantly be opening up at the wrong moment...and on something like my ogre for one thing theres no place to mount one really,and with a load on the bike a single arm kickstand would probably bend the frame...

:coffee:slow start today,just need to do errands though so no big hurry to get moving,might go ride later at tuesday night ride...just have to see how hot it gets...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
gman, that is similar to a build I did and it worked great. Now I just use an old time mechanical titan for my needs.

So I know of four people that have tried to save money 💰 by using a Crunch. Dan, Joe, Aspen and Hammer. And How has that worked out so far? Last thing I need is an electrical fire because of faulty/cheap components. Off the soap box.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,my panel,which only cost a couple hundred bucks,has performed flawlessly for like 4 years now,and it's been approved by the relevant agencies...the grow room is not a place to try and save money using cheap gear...

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Coming up on two years on the one I built. Gonna have to agree with unc about not cheating out in the grow...especially electrical.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hk, time to start building your own. Built controller number 8 already.

basic inside. square d QO sub panel, 60 amp 220v contact relay feeding the panel , breakers. 120v 8 event digital timer controlling the solenoid on the relay for time on an off.( this timer allows my veg to go 8/4) separate breakers for each lighting zone.

View Image
version 2.0 i incorporated a titan controls overheat shut down.

View Image

contact relay off ebay. overheat controller off hydro website, then rest from lowes. under $180 or so to build

Ive already built 1. I used it for years. I needed another that had 8 outlets. I cant build 1 as cheap as these are today. I can open this broken 1 and rebuild it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:back from errands...

it occurred to me after i paid the electric bill that the timberjack cost about a years worth of juice which after being converted into weed would yield about 6 to 7 times as much money....

but i'm assuming the timberjack handles trails a bit better than a fat stack!:)