What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

onavelzy

Veteran
Timing is right for having an issue....have dunked everything in veg and only have a few days left on flowering plants. Haven't noticed them on the flowering plants so may have caught them quite early. Must have came from outside as I haven't taken in anything in a long time. Going to delay my next seed run by a few weeks it looks like....but no sweat :jerkit: as the jars are full :woohoo: All organic now so will be ordering some predatory insects in a few.

View Image

yeah, I guess if there's a good time to get them, that'd probably be the best. Did you find them on a routine microscope check or were the plants showing symptoms

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Ona, I noticed white specks on the leaves and initially thought it was from a foliar spray but after a few days decided to scope them and glad I did.

I just got my stuff for an organic IPM routine...haven’t even opened the bottles yet.

Morning folks! About to smoke and go for a quick ride before work

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
My body is dragging today. I could feel that I was feeling a little sluggish yesterday. Maybe Unc can ride an extra mile or even several for me today...

onavelzy

Veteran
Ona, I noticed white specks on the leaves and initially thought it was from a foliar spray but after a few days decided to scope them and glad I did.

I just got my stuff for an organic IPM routine...haven’t even opened the bottles yet.

Morning folks! About to smoke and go for a quick ride before work

very interested to know how that works so keep us updated.

I had some impact on some cuts I treated with a combined fungal and a miticide spray. I'll continue to treat any new-comers, but I'd love to know more about alternatives

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

looks like today is going to be a lazy one...still drinking coffee and waking up...considering i was literally up at the crack of dawn yesterday and packed up and on the bike riding home before i even got out of bed today i'm seriously slacking today!

probably just a grocery run today...should be trimming tomorrow and i'm sure that will take all day...and i have to haul medium again this week...lotta time playing "pot" this week it looks like...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have been dragging ass all day. We got two days of steady gentle rain. My veggies loved it but so did the weeds. Looks like I haven't weeded yet this season, and it was perfect last Thursday. Bastards. Last cool day, 70, then into the 80's and 90's, with Sunday being my bday and 97. Long week of garden chores. Better get at them. Have a good day!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious can anyone else smell plants that are prone to intersex issues? My success rate on picking which plants toss nuts is very high above 95% based on there aroma.

Some M$B x Cbanana seeds I'm looking through had that aroma in veg. I just inspected both and sure enough I found nuts. Those Wedding cake x G33 also had that aroma. Both of those also had nuts. Most previous plants that had this aroma where also shehes. I'm thinking my nose might be pretty damn good at culling out those plants. So far it hasn't failed me.

I got use to how male plants smell. They give off a specific aroma vs feamles. When im smelling all plants in veg if they have that slight male aroma I put a mark on there tag. Last year all I have marked where hermies based on that aroma.

Im gonna keep track how well this works. So far its been spot on.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here’s a couple lower bud pics of an OGKB 2.0 that’s 67 days in. Gonna give her the chop on 70. I’ll snap some main cola pics on harvest day when she is away from the sodium light. This run of her turned out pretty well.

I also will try to snap a few pics of a Firestorm 7 that’s halfway thru bloom. She is stacking phenomenally this run. :dance013:

picture.php
picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Here’s a couple lower bud pics of an OGKB 2.0 that’s 67 days in. Gonna give her the chop on 70. I’ll snap some main cola pics on harvest day when she is away from the sodium light. This run of her turned out pretty well.

I also will try to snap a few pics of a Firestorm 7 that’s halfway thru bloom. She is stacking phenomenally this run. :dance013:

View Image View Image

Did you remember to smell it and see if it's a male? :D

gmanwho

Veteran
Curious can anyone else smell plants that are prone to intersex issues? My success rate on picking which plants toss nuts is very high above 95% based on there aroma.

Some M$B x Cbanana seeds I'm looking through had that aroma in veg. I just inspected both and sure enough I found nuts. Those Wedding cake x G33 also had that aroma. Both of those also had nuts. Most previous plants that had this aroma where also shehes. I'm thinking my nose might be pretty damn good at culling out those plants. So far it hasn't failed me.

I got use to how male plants smell. They give off a specific aroma vs feamles. When im smelling all plants in veg if they have that slight male aroma I put a mark on there tag. Last year all I have marked where hermies based on that aroma.

Im gonna keep track how well this works. So far its been spot on.

interesting. how would you describe the smell/vapor?

very excited on how the HK's are growing. she Clones great , vigorous growth an nice structure. I have the first couple going into flower now. they are loving the de cmh's

Coughie

View Image View Image

She's so photogenic; You've done her justice, VP!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting. how would you describe the smell/vapor?

very excited on how the HK's are growing. she Clones great , vigorous growth an nice structure. I have the first couple going into flower now. they are loving the de cmh's

Aromas are difficult to put into words. After doing stem rubs on hundreds of males I know that aroma anywhere. Anytime I detect that on any plant the odds are very high I will find nut sacks. I have 2 more Wedding cakes x G33 in veg. There not that big yet. 1 of them has that aroma. The other too early to tell.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
After doing stem rubs on hundreds of males I know that aroma anywhere. Anytime I detect that on any plant the odds are very high I will find nut sacks.

At what age from date of popping thru the medium, are you able to determine this?

I'm pretty good at sexing males from females, but it's by sight, at about 5 weeks after sprouting...

Really curious about your method man....

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Ohhhhhhhhh heeeeeeeeeeyyyy guys! How the hell have all of you been?!? Things are same ole here...sports and gardening!! :biggrin:

In other news I switched from my old methods of coco and jacks+calnit to water only organic soil. In my 3rd run so far and other than a very slight yield decrease I cant say anything bad about it. No bottles, just RO and an occasional topdress!

Going to have to go back a bit and catch up on some of you that arent on the instagram!

Cubs at 7pm tonight :laughing:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

my arthritic fingers appreciate free blade movement, but those spring loaded snips look wonderfully aggressive for the task.