What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

9 hours light from start to finish quick turn around low yield sativas.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi my friend I use this for speed. It def shows sex quickly, those smaller plants in the group photo are all 3 to 4 weeks old and have shown sex already.
I have two males out of six I removed in pots already for pollen collection in another location.

With these sativas if I start at 12/12 I end up with 1mtr plus high plants and it takes 4 to 5 months from seed to harvest.
By doing 9 hrs light on they start flowering after 3 weeks and finish as single cola plants like the older plants in the photo.
Those flowering plants will have another 8 to 10 weeks to go until they are mature.

Once I have chosen the best single cola dwarfs. I use the seeds from the chosen plants to grow 1mtr plus tall plants by starting on 12/12 for 3 weeks before switching to 10/14 for flowering.

This way I can do a seed to harvest in 12 to 14 weeks otherwise I might spend 6 months growing bigger plants that are later deemed not good enough.

You can follow this grow and see how fast they sex and mature.
Plus by pollinating a few lowers early on I get the seeds really mature by harvest and ready to go if required.

Because I chew minute pieces of aged cob I really only need an ounce or two from each plant at most.
Doing it this way I can get through more selections per year. Mother nature is too slow ha ha.
You crafty old bugger!

9 hrs wow!

I'm watching for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Have you noticed an increased incidence of hermies? Not necessarily a bad thing if so, could be considered a stress test of sorts. But just wondering.
Good question I have had a high percentage show male this grow but no hermies yet.

One pheno of my Mulanje is prone to a few male flowers right at the end of flower but it does that anyway no matter the light schedule.
It even did it outside in the sun when I took a clone from indoors and put it outside. The high was better as well grown in the sun.
It produces the best high so far, so I'm actively seeking that pheno most of the time ha ha.

The seeds I grew from Green Mountains unreleased Mulanje that I was so generously gifted were not released because of late hermies.
I grew some the grow before last and found the same in ONE of the phenos it also turned out to be the best high so hermies are all right in my book ha ha.

I just had the most euphoric productive trippy day on a mix of the two hermie cobs as far as I'm concerned its a trait I'm looking for in this grow ha ha.

goingrey

Good question I have had a high percentage show male this grow but no hermies yet.

One pheno of my Mulanje is prone to a few male flowers right at the end of flower but it does that anyway no matter the light schedule.
It even did it outside in the sun when I took a clone from indoors and put it outside. The high was better as well grown in the sun.
It produces the best high so far, so I'm actively seeking that pheno most of the time ha ha.

The seeds I grew from Green Mountains unreleased Mulanje that I was so generously gifted were not released because of late hermies.
I grew some the grow before last and found the same in ONE of the phenos it also turned out to be the best high so hermies are all right in my book ha ha.

I just had the most euphoric productive trippy day on a mix of the two hermie cobs as far as I'm concerned its a trait I'm looking for in this grow ha ha.
A big benefit to chewing cobs for sure, no need to worry about a seed in the joint.. :D

Tangwena

Veteran
Its been about 8 or 9 days since I posted the last pictures I have removed the last 3 males from the group I planted to replace the 6 or so males I got on the second batch of plants.
All are now female and into pre flowering stretch.
First up a group shot.

img_3770-web.jpg

Then the young girls there is a Destroyer fem in amongst them and a KA5 as well.
I have forgotten which is where but the Destroyer has a very distinct stem rub so I'm looking forward to seeing her develop.

img_3768-web.jpg

I think the KA5 is in the forefront of the above picture.

The tallest plant in the picture below is the fem Destroyer.

img_3769-web.jpg

img_3766-web.jpg

Zenith smelling so good and looking really resinous in the pic above.

img_3772-web(1).jpg

Then the top of the Mulanje cola in the pic above

img_3773-web.jpg

Above is the Swazi x Mulanje

img_3767-web.jpg

The Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher crossed to Mulanje that self seeded.
The mix of the Mulanje smell and the incense smell of the CGxDL is beautiful and the best smell so far in the box.
img_3774-web.jpg

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
7 days on everything is flowering nicely

img_3776-web.jpg

I had to fire up the carbon filter for the first time this grow its getting funky in there ha ha.

img_3777-web.jpg

After testing a year old Panama cob I put some seeds in that were crossed to Mulanje the high should be EXTRA dreamy ha ha.

img_3779-web.jpg

The top of the Zenith smells are unworldly good the leaves are starting to go purple under the 3000K leds.

img_3780-web.jpg

KA5 I think ha ha going by the different stem rub it should be.

img_3782-web.jpg

Destroyer fem filling in nicely.

img_3788-web.jpg

Colombian Gold/Demon Latcher x Mulanje stella aromas should be dynamite when done.

I have 3 Mulanje not pictured but just as nice looking.

img_3783-web.jpg

Mulanje

I have 3 Mulanje not pictured but just as nice looking.
Everything has had lower buds dusted with a mixture of Mulanje male pollen.
I chose a pheno of each one tall male and the other short mulanje male as I like them both. They were very stinky and covered in resin.

I'm really looking forward to them all but the Panama cross is potentially a very nice high.
Mixing the crazy trippy high of the Mulanje with the dreamy trippy high of the Panama just what the Dr ordered.
Dr Tang that is he is a herbalist I'm friendly with who just happens to live close by ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 7 since sprouting.

I took down the Swazi cross, the Mulanje and the Zenith which are now hanging with a few seeds falling out at 10 weeks from seed.

But here are the others. Panama x Mulanje there were 3 but I have removed 2 males.
This one is 5 weeks from seed I planted it to replace some Swazi that were all males.
img_3805-web.jpg

img_3798-web.jpg

One of the 3 Mulanje I have growing

img_3799-web.jpg

Another Mulanje

img_3800-web.jpg

KA5 from Ace

img_3802-web.jpg

Feminized Destroyer

img_3801-web.jpg

Short Mulanje

Then the self seeded Colombian Gold/Demon Latcher x Mulanje at 8 weeks from seed.
This one has the most amazing mixture of aromas and has huge potential in the high department if mixing the cobs made from the parents is anything to go by ha ha.

img_3795-web.jpg
img_3796-web.jpg
img_3804-web.jpg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Week 7 since sprouting.

I took down the Swazi cross, the Mulanje and the Zenith which are now hanging with a few seeds falling out at 10 weeks from seed.

But here are the others. Panama x Mulanje there were 3 but I have removed 2 males.
This one is 5 weeks from seed I planted it to replace some Swazi that were all males.
View attachment 19031222

View attachment 19031208
One of the 3 Mulanje I have growing

View attachment 19031209
Another Mulanje

View attachment 19031210
KA5 from Ace

View attachment 19031217
Feminized Destroyer

View attachment 19031216
Short Mulanje

Then the self seeded Colombian Gold/Demon Latcher x Mulanje at 8 weeks from seed.
This one has the most amazing mixture of aromas and has huge potential in the high department if mixing the cobs made from the parents is anything to go by ha ha.

View attachment 19031211 View attachment 19031212 View attachment 19031214
What a selection bother!

Tangwena

Veteran
Dr. Tang, may i ask, what is the estimated pot size per plant?
Looks really great!
Hi my friend they are growing in 18ltr tubs I try to get 4 plants max per tub.
They are happy to share the soil its coco so they get their nutes from the drip feed and every other day feeding by hand.
I reuse the same coco for 3 or 4 grows just flushing with water after each grow.
Super easy.

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
Hi my friend they are growing in 18ltr tubs I try to get 4 plants max per tub.
They are happy to share the soil its coco so they get their nutes from the drip feed and every other day feeding by hand.
I reuse the same coco for 3 or 4 grows just flushing with water after each grow.
Super easy.
Thanks a lot!
I would estimate theyre a bit over a meter tall by harvest time?

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks a lot!
I would estimate theyre a bit over a meter tall by harvest time?
Yes the lanky ones would be but the shorter plants are about two foot tall but mainly just one central cola.
I keep the seeds from each plant separate as its usually 9 or 12 months later after aging the cobs before I test them.
If I like the high I try and run the seeds from the individual plants a year later.

Latest posts

Latest posts