What's new

9 hours light from start to finish quick turn around low yield sativas.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi my friend I use this for speed. It def shows sex quickly, those smaller plants in the group photo are all 3 to 4 weeks old and have shown sex already.
I have two males out of six I removed in pots already for pollen collection in another location.

With these sativas if I start at 12/12 I end up with 1mtr plus high plants and it takes 4 to 5 months from seed to harvest.
By doing 9 hrs light on they start flowering after 3 weeks and finish as single cola plants like the older plants in the photo.
Those flowering plants will have another 8 to 10 weeks to go until they are mature.

Once I have chosen the best single cola dwarfs. I use the seeds from the chosen plants to grow 1mtr plus tall plants by starting on 12/12 for 3 weeks before switching to 10/14 for flowering.

This way I can do a seed to harvest in 12 to 14 weeks otherwise I might spend 6 months growing bigger plants that are later deemed not good enough.

You can follow this grow and see how fast they sex and mature.
Plus by pollinating a few lowers early on I get the seeds really mature by harvest and ready to go if required.

Because I chew minute pieces of aged cob I really only need an ounce or two from each plant at most.
Doing it this way I can get through more selections per year. Mother nature is too slow ha ha.
You crafty old bugger!

9 hrs wow!

I'm watching for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Have you noticed an increased incidence of hermies? Not necessarily a bad thing if so, could be considered a stress test of sorts. But just wondering.
Good question I have had a high percentage show male this grow but no hermies yet.

One pheno of my Mulanje is prone to a few male flowers right at the end of flower but it does that anyway no matter the light schedule.
It even did it outside in the sun when I took a clone from indoors and put it outside. The high was better as well grown in the sun.
It produces the best high so far, so I'm actively seeking that pheno most of the time ha ha.

The seeds I grew from Green Mountains unreleased Mulanje that I was so generously gifted were not released because of late hermies.
I grew some the grow before last and found the same in ONE of the phenos it also turned out to be the best high so hermies are all right in my book ha ha.

I just had the most euphoric productive trippy day on a mix of the two hermie cobs as far as I'm concerned its a trait I'm looking for in this grow ha ha.

goingrey

Good question I have had a high percentage show male this grow but no hermies yet.

One pheno of my Mulanje is prone to a few male flowers right at the end of flower but it does that anyway no matter the light schedule.
It even did it outside in the sun when I took a clone from indoors and put it outside. The high was better as well grown in the sun.
It produces the best high so far, so I'm actively seeking that pheno most of the time ha ha.

The seeds I grew from Green Mountains unreleased Mulanje that I was so generously gifted were not released because of late hermies.
I grew some the grow before last and found the same in ONE of the phenos it also turned out to be the best high so hermies are all right in my book ha ha.

I just had the most euphoric productive trippy day on a mix of the two hermie cobs as far as I'm concerned its a trait I'm looking for in this grow ha ha.
A big benefit to chewing cobs for sure, no need to worry about a seed in the joint.. :D

Piecho

ooooh, I'm sorry buddy, i thought you where doing 9 on 9 off, which got me thinking how do i set my 24 hour timer like that?
I guess there are digitatal ones that you can program the cycle in the pc, maybe then it's possible.

Wonder how OP manages it with old school manual one

zaprjaques

da boveda kid
yo, nobody runs 9/9 light schedule. not even that joe guy with the italian last name who thinks jorge cervantes, dave watson, high times magazine and the DEA invented 8/16 and 12/12 to get people locked up. ❤️✌️

DaEarl73

I guess there are digitatal ones that you can program the cycle in the pc, maybe then it's possible.

Wonder how OP manages it with old school manual one
If you want to try it, do yourself a favour and go for 8:8 and show the results here. Could be funny and interesting

Tangwena

Veteran
Its been about 8 or 9 days since I posted the last pictures I have removed the last 3 males from the group I planted to replace the 6 or so males I got on the second batch of plants.
All are now female and into pre flowering stretch.
First up a group shot.

img_3770-web.jpg

Then the young girls there is a Destroyer fem in amongst them and a KA5 as well.
I have forgotten which is where but the Destroyer has a very distinct stem rub so I'm looking forward to seeing her develop.

img_3768-web.jpg

I think the KA5 is in the forefront of the above picture.

The tallest plant in the picture below is the fem Destroyer.

img_3769-web.jpg

img_3766-web.jpg

Zenith smelling so good and looking really resinous in the pic above.

img_3772-web(1).jpg

Then the top of the Mulanje cola in the pic above

img_3773-web.jpg

Above is the Swazi x Mulanje

img_3767-web.jpg

The Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher crossed to Mulanje that self seeded.
The mix of the Mulanje smell and the incense smell of the CGxDL is beautiful and the best smell so far in the box.
img_3774-web.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts