What's new

400 watt club...

Mountain High

Veteran
whats up superhemp. you sure you're at 50/50 clear cloudy on the trichs at 36 days? sounds a bit early to be seeing cloudy trichs. those pistils aren't turning amber yet. prolly dont want to start flushing yet. everything looks killer in there! they should pack on the weight you're expecting over the next couple weeks, just give it time. looks great!

SuperHemp

whats up superhemp. you sure you're at 50/50 clear cloudy on the trichs at 36 days? sounds a bit early to be seeing cloudy trichs. those pistils aren't turning amber yet. prolly dont want to start flushing yet. everything looks killer in there! they should pack on the weight you're expecting over the next couple weeks, just give it time. looks great!

Well i didn't look that well at them.. I'll post a new pic tomorrow, more pistils are brown now. If it goes 60days+ maybe it'll pack on some more weight? :joint: I'll hold off on the flush till i see more cloudy, thanks

SuperHemp

A pic of the trics now at day 36..
trics.jpg

The plants look bigger in the pics than they really are..

DSC04894.jpg

DSC04900.jpg

DSC04901.jpg

RediJedi

Was wondering if this would be a good purchase for my first 400 watt light:
400 Watt HPS & MH Pulsar Mini System $235.00

The \"Advantage Mini Pulsar System\" comes complete with an HPS & MH Bulb. One system for both Veg & Bloom Cycle. Refelector & Ballast are intergrated in the same metal housing Convertible Ballast allows use of HPS or MH Bulbs Spectral Pebble reflective insert White Powder coated finish All Sysytems are wired for 120 V\\volt & 240 volt 2 Chrome\"V\" Hanging hooks included Mogul Base Socket Optional glass can be purchased separately Louvered for effcient cooling Manufactured with US 100 Capacitor 6 foot detachable power cord 5 year warranty Standard Buld 50,000 Lumens 24,000 hour life span

Was using a 250 mh/hps and a 150 hps in my closet. Is the light mentioned above okay or should I buy two 400's- one mh and one hps? Thank you folks.

funkydope

Hey guys... I just wanted to post some pics of my girls!!! I am at Day 22 of Flowering with 2 strains: The Cheese and Himalayan Gold. I'm growing in a HydroHut Mini (Silver edition) 3'11 x 3'11 x 6'7 with a 400watt air-cooled HPS with the extra spectrum.

Here is a shot of the Cheese Day 22 of Flowering
picture.php

Here you see both of my beautiful girls. Cheese (Front) Himalayan Gold (Back right) Both at Day 22 Flowering
picture.php

Here is a close up of both of my girls
picture.php

hilbie

whats considered a good pull from a 400watter, id guess .5gpw is good but id also imagine that most dont even achieve this as most people seem to run a 400 when they could be running a 250-150 vertically and reaping the same amounts as their space is not maxing out the 400s potential.

bigjay

so what do you think is a 250w space. Im in a 2x4 for about 50 watts a square foot. I usually run a perpetual grow so i dont really know what i pull weight wise.

You are saying that i could do the same if not better with 30 watts a square foot and add more plants to get a higher gpw.

What i am asking for is show your work, tell me how to maximize!

barth

I have a 400 watt flower room. I can pull about 10oz from the space depending on the strain. I now do perpetual and normally get 3 - 4 oz of fresh meds every 23 days. My space is 26" by 32". I do 6 plants lst.

hilbie

grow meds your room looks great, but i imagine a 150hps hung vertically in the middle of your girls with your plants vertical restrained by a make shift net and you could of had an even better harvest, with less money on electric, if not a 150 then for sure a 250, 4 sides of a smaller bulb placed much closer to alot of bud sites will always pull more then a bigger lamp shinning on just the tops and about 6 inches down instead of 2-3 fts.