What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

maryjohn

Veteran
it got edited, along with my very pissed off response.

I'm glad. I don't like the angry version of me, and would rather nobody see him.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I think it's the full moon, seriously. There is always a higher level of conflict around then. It seemed like about 5 threads I read today all had people arguing - or is it hangovers?

Heheh. I still haven't watered yet sorry. It's 2:30am and I'm baked off my scone on weed and coffee. Even the thought of poking a toothpick in my pot makes me giggle.

maryjohn

Veteran
lol weed and coffee is the best.

the jerk-off landlord thread I didn't consider a fight. more like toying with someone, and trying to educate people to know their rights under local laws. Just because you grow doesn't mean you should let people push you around. In fact, people are less likely to fuck with you if you are aggressive about your rights from the first sign of a potential conflict. Shock and awe, if you will.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Lol jerkoff landlord guy also happened to be jerkoff don't plant your seeds in soil guy a few days earlier. I needed brain bleach. No different to any cop or religious fundamentalist. "I terrorized some kid out of growing weed"...way to overgrow, buddy. :jerkit:

Anyways, to answer a few points - Yup, co2 :D I've heard it many times that co2 is only a benefit when you have everything else taken care of, but that doesn't make sense to me. If you took all the co2 away, the plant wouldn't like it. So a little bit more should surely be beneficial even if you don't have pumping lights/nutes/etc, no?

I guess I will try the DE in the mix for new plants. Another thing I thought of is to mix some DE into some potting soil, and repot the current girls into larger diy air pots so the DE infused layer is on the outside. But that's kind of a lot of effort. :) Man I gotta try get some sleep, I'll water tomorrow lol.

maryjohn

Veteran
CO2 is interesting. Apparently It does more for weeds than veggies, trees, and other plants we like. Lucky for us, MJ is a weed!

I imagine scrub, that if you have other problems (you don't), CO2 won't make them worse so much as accelerate the process. Seems to me that is less room for error, especially in soil.

How does that apply to you? Other than the jealousy you engender with your pics, your problem is your environment is too hot. Isn't CO2 supposed to increase heat tolerance?

go for it, bro. microbes can keep up with plants that grow twice as fast.

superpedro

Veteran
It's worth a try. You seem to have everything in working order anyway, no specific thing that slows you down :) .
Low CO2 doesn't harm the plant directly, plants (C3's to be specific) just stop growing at about 100-150ppm of CO2, and then they start heating up from energy they cant convert into work. Higher level means more work and even cooler plants. :)

Sleep tight bro ;)

J-Blunt

i like the DIY co2 Scrub. i considered doin it before but all the posts and bickering in past threads lead me to believe it wasnt really worth it...come to think of it, a bunch of those same people were anti-CFL's too tho if im not mistaken. keep the progress comin :)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Aight thanks dudes for the input! It seems to be helping but, like I could tell anyway!

Bye mj. A sad day for IC. :( Thanks for all your help and I hope you come back. Do a Hilbie! He just comes back with the same attitude but a different name, and starts plugging away again. People are too thin skinned. Opinions should be welcome online, otherwise you'll get a monoculture of everyone slapping each other on the back and saying "great grow bro", even when it's not. Like most other things, it's about balance. You taught me that in regards to my teas, mj. Sad to see you gone. :watchplant:

Edit: 1 day ban? See you tomorrow.

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks cheese I should have the gnats knocked over soon. It's strange growing so many plants in such a small space and small pots.

superpedro

Veteran
BTW, here is a small video (ignore the danish) that shows how the gnat gets eaten alive! :D
http://www.nyttedyr.dk/video/sorgemyg.wmv

Perhaps you could inject your co2 through an aquarium air hose with needle holes. The hose could then be placed running in a grid through the dense parts of your canopy with lowest air exchange? Just a thought. :)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Ahahaha :muahaha: I could watch that all day! Great find.

Any sensible person would build something like you suggest for the co2 but I'm just too lazy, heheh. If it works I'll impliment it next grow more professionally. I hope to remodel the whole cab into a dual sided vert scrog cab for that one, and the weather should be a bit cooler too.

Well, here they are. I decided to keep to 110w all the way. I got some upper leaf problems appearing but hopefully it's from growing into the lights and nothing serious.

DSCF3096.JPG
DSCF3090.JPG

It's a pretty bad system because if I want to analyse plant x, I have to trace all the branches through the mess and it's quite a trainwreck :)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking great broski, nice and healthy for sure, yep those are burn marks on ya leaves left from the bulbs touching, nearly every plant in my flower cab has got them or is going to get them, hahahaha. Get the camera back tomorrow, so will be able to show ya whats happening over @ b00m's place as of late. The 2 Dyna x PD girls I've got are cranking along nicely and managed to save one of the males, looks like this strain is going to hang around for awhile after all.
Happy Gardening Bruz.
Peace.
:xmasnut:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha yeah this grow doesn't get much attention :) Will be great to see what's goin' down in Boomtown!

re toothpick: I stuck some wire in after watering and no water ran out.

P

Paranoid one

Looking great S-Ninja!

Superpedro, That is one cool vid you found!

how big are the gnats?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hey bro. The ones I've got are about the size of mosquitoes in the flying stage, and the larvae like in the vid are about a quarter inch at max. So you can imagine the ones inside that larvae eating it out are tiiiiiny.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Ok bro here are some well over due photos from today, Dynamite x Princess Diesel @ week 4 maybe 5???? :-
So got 2 females and 1 male still alive, the one above has been my favourite for a while now but the Lil' Runt has now caught up and passed this one in height, if it fills out proper like it will be a nice mini club.

Obligatory bulb burn marks on Lil' Runt cause she is the biggest in the cab @ the moment.

Flash and no flash

And the flower cab as of today, took a few out and put them in the yard to finish off and replaced them with the Dutch Indoor Mix babies which are loving life in the flower cab. The D x PD females have a very nice sour lemon candy cross something dead :puke:, very appealing :dunno:. Love the new smileys.
Happy Gardening Bruz.
Peace.
:rtfo:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
The new smilies rock my world :dance013:

Excellent work man and thanks for showing us. Yeah I reckon you'll end up with a boom bat from that best one :) Kinda jealous you can grow in your yard!

I've left the Leda Uno male in with the LU girls so they're becoming pollinated at the mo'. Who needs a male cab! My PDs are lookin' fantastc for 110w, really happy with them. I went to buy perlite today and they had none. No perlite, no jiffies, no nothing :( Sucks living here.

Latest posts

Latest posts