What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters

moose eater

View attachment 19083481

By the way, if those service enlistees were as educated and patriotic as they ought to be, they'd be aware of the sections within the UCMJ that authorizes refusal to obey criminal or unconstitutional orders, which would include, under US law and treaties, lending military aid to a criminal nation or leadership.

Just sayin'...

But they'd have to give a shit about that enough, be fair-minded and conscientious enough, and have balls or ovaries big enough to take a stand.. Which is often sadly questionable in today's programmed, superficially comfortable, nationalist society.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Are you afraid to step up and remove a despot by force if needed?
it requires a lot less blood and sacrifice for the nation as a whole to keep one out of power than to remove him once in. it's a lot like a potentially fatal disease. you apparently are in the "maybe it won't kill me, or expensive/risky surgery later might save me..." camp versus the "i think i'll get that vaccine that is available..." :rolleyes: preventative maintenance/premptive strike, whatever you want to call it.

moose eater

it requires a lot less blood and sacrifice for the nation as a whole to keep one out of power than to remove him once in. it's a lot like a potentially fatal disease. you apparently are in the "maybe it won't kill me, or expensive/risky surgery later might save me..." camp versus the "i think i'll get that vaccine that is available..." :rolleyes: preventative maintenance/premptive strike, whatever you want to call it.
Unless you count others' blood overseas... or don't, as the case may be.

Not to mention the significant likelihood of America getting bloody without any significant change for the better at 'home', by virtue of escalation in the Middle East.

Have those brass bands, confetti and metal coffins ready.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I think you know why. The warmongers in the Oval Office are sending US Troops, in violation of US and other laws, to Israel. Do you really think it stops there?
i don't know. "warmongers", a loaded term, full of assumptions. if they really WANTED a war, we would be into it already. every fire has a flashpoint though. i'm not stupid enough to think it is impossible. but that is not connected to the possibility of our "electing" a dictator, which is what we were discussing. you seem to be okay with that...and i'll be damned if i see a real answer as to why. either The Chump or Harris will continue the course in the middle east. why would you NOT vote AGAINST the person that says he will be a dictator, and conservatives won't need to vote after this election ? no more distraction about a possible foreign war, concentrate on our problem right here, right now.

moose eater

i don't know. "warmongers", a loaded term, full of assumptions. if they really WANTED a war, we would be into it already. every fire has a flashpoint though. i'm not stupid enough to think it is impossible. but that is not connected to the possibility of our "electing" a dictator, which is what we were discussing. you seem to be okay with that...and i'll be damned if i see a real answer as to why. either The Chump or Harris will continue the course in the middle east. why would you NOT vote AGAINST the person that says he will be a dictator, and conservatives won't need to vote after this election ? no more distraction about a possible foreign war, concentrate on our problem right here, right now.
Then I'll repeat it in sequence of simple phases of progression.

The war that Israel is pressing and baiting us into, much to the glee of the US State Dept alphabet soup agencies, is an illegal war.

The US funding that war and providing munitions is a violation of numerous laws, both domestic and not.

Joe Biden, and now Kamala, intend to continue funding and arming that illegal war, now using US troops and tech on Israeli ground to further these crimes, which are crimes unto themselves, mind you.

They are the only ones (along with spineless propagandized and fundamentalist Chirstian, also now criminal Congress) who've done so since the ICJ ruled that Israel is in fact a criminal state guilty of human rights violations and war crimes and that their West Bank settlements are also violations of international laws, not to mention the war crimes committed when seizing them.

I don't vote for war criminals, and there's no real vague perception or reality in the accusing them of war crimes. The laws are pretty clear, whether US, international or treaty. Period.

I don't vote for war criminals, but apparently you do.

I won't be voting for Trump, either. His supporters will do that.

Your argument amounts to guilt tripping, obfuscation, intentional daftness where US policy, law and facts are concerned, and some form of vote extortion through machinations that defy conscious and reality.

Not my style or my game.

It's your guys who belong in The Hague. Not mine.

My home will be voting for Jill Stein, and apparently a whole bunch of others will, too.

"Actions have consequences".... no matter who the fuck you are. If they were so afraid of losing the election, perhaps they should have abided by the laws, and turned a blind eye to AIPAC and known established sociopathic war criminals.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
And, no doubt, some of those foolish young men and women assisting in defending a war criminal and a criminal state will die.

Don't lay down with dogs and a person won't be so apt to catch fleas.

Yep, Bibi is about to get his wish and be granted his escalation of his criminal war, using more US tax dollars for his regional theft of land and his genocide..

Not the first time the US State Dept and Oval Office have chosen to support a criminal regime. Probably won't be the last, either, until we're willing to imprison our own criminal politicians.
1728982672317.jpeg

Hiddenjems

I figure that we survived the first term he had, we're capable of surviving another.

And most dictators meet horrid deaths. "Everyone is touchable". So, if that's the way it turns toward, then there'll be an end to it shortly thereafter. Social physics. "For every action, there's a greater or equal reaction...."

It's a matter of principle; I don't vote for liars, cheats, warmongers, or corporatists.

Edit: No matter who wins from the 2 primary political parties, someone, likely bunches of someones, are going to suffer. That's QUITE clear and very real.
I don’t think a 78 year old has ever overthrown a country.

moose eater

I don’t think a 78 year old has ever overthrown a country.
His minions might try. Though first time around it seems there were numerous folks near him and in his cabinet who actively engaged in damage control by preventing him from being more nuts than he is/was.

And as stated, if/when that day comes that anyone attempts to establish a more direct monarchy than is already present, anyone who truly views themselves as a patriot, regardless of party affiliation, would throw down. I would and will. Promise. If I'm still ambulatory, in those circumstances there will be a weapon or 2 in my hands, taking out fascist dictator supporters. No prob, Bob.

I barely tolerate the double-standard-peropetuating, entitlement-bred corporatist pukes and tyrants as it is, there's zero room for more direct monarchy/oligarchy or their hand-puppets.

But that would assume a population of people more than the comfortable spineless cowards I've come to view many as being. Which I guess is the -real- question.

Last edited:

moose eater

View attachment 19083950

Well, I guess on the bright side, they're not starting off with some sort of bullshit about it just being 'advisors', eh?

Edit: Though there's a LONG history of the hawkish dimwits at the Pentagon being of the 'in for a penny, in for a lb.' religious persuasion where bad investments are concerned. A -long- history.

1729015777023.png

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The age of a person is irrelevant. Its the suckers who believe the BS and harm others for his cause. Jan 6 should be a reminder.

Hiddenjems

The age of a person is irrelevant. Its the suckers who believe the BS and harm others for his cause. Jan 6 should be a reminder.
A reminder that idiots will destroy property?

There was zero percent chance that those people could have taken over our country.

5 years from now there will be another “existential threat” to America that the dems or republicans need to save you from. It’s all bs from both of them. America can survive any president.

moose eater

A reminder that idiots will destroy property?

There was zero percent chance that those people could have taken over our country.

5 years from now there will be another “existential threat” to America that the dems or republicans need to save you from. It’s all bs from both of them. America can survive any president.
I'd say the last line is a 'maybe', at best. All governments and societies have shelf dates.

But the fear-induced and neuroses-crazed trembling about the prospect of -one- proven lunatic gaining power for any period of time is not justification to elect proven war criminals out of fear, and especially not those who represent a foreign nation's demands more so than they do their own troops, government reputation (what little they have left) and citizens....

Latest posts

Latest posts