What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

hahaha, just like the taliban, aqi and all the other turds in the world
insurgent warfare is more than just a da on the the key players
if you really want to make a change you need to hold ground
its the mexican government that has no balls and allows this shit to fester
thats why you go to the root of the problem
Pop, take a poll around the world at this juncture. The USA is among 'the turds' in the world, for exactly the reasons being discussed herein tonight. Like a drunken Texan in an antique shop in Paris, we figure we own the place and our shit smells exceptionally nice.

Do away with demand and the cartels dry up overnight. Why is there so much demand for these drugs in the US?

moose eater

im not going to argue the war in iraq/afg , but the ropes were pretty tight as far as what the us could do
/the plane has bombs but its not able to drop them on know bad guy locations because you might blow up their mud hut
if any nation wanted to invade the us i would like to see them try
im not for war but i think osb wasa pos and deserved to die
mex is not a good neighbor
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...ter-a-year-of-water-contact-closures/3629624/
Pop, there were zero meaningful prosecutions for war crimes committed by US troops in those places, artillery was all over the place when called for, as was air support, and the US even bombed/sent missiles into hospitals AFTER being given GPS coordinates by Doctors Without Borders..

The 'rope' or reins' didn't exist. Not in the way people want to believe.

moose eater

I'm referring to 50ft standard garden hoses with 3/4" fittings. Not industrial sized irrigation. I go to Lowes and buy a hose clamp and a new male or female end. I've actually gotten several hoses from people I know that didn't know they could cut the end and fix it for $5.

About hoses, I got one of these metal ones. I absolutely loved it. The claims were correct. It didn't kink and I could drag it around the yard effortlessly. The problem is that the metal isn't connected to what looks like a strain relief. The coiled metal is just crimped to the connector.

The reason that's a bad design is that when you're dragging the hose around you're going to be holding the sprayer. That puts all of the stress on the coiled metal below the crimp. After time it spreads out and the synthetic hose on the inside will become exposed.

As much as I liked this type of hose i don't think I'll buy another one. The one I purchased was 100' so I could reach everything. They're relatively cheap. There also those expandable ones with a latex core.

Any suggestions?

If you don't have any experience with either type of hose you are forbidden to reply or comment.

View attachment 19072126
View attachment 19072127
In the end, if you've simply replaced hose ends, you've taken a Mexican or Chinese-produced band clamp with little or no guard to prevent it from biting into your soft(-ish) rubber hose, and tightened that for the time being, to hold an equally cheaply made end fitting.

I buy a better hose and wait until I need a new one. But they're MY hoses, not the neighbors, if we're to make this pertinent to the discussion and proper boundaries.

xtsho

...and create a power vacuum and then the agencies would have to go to the trouble of finding someone else to work with.

Create a power vacuum how?
Nobody is going to attack the Mexican government. We're just going to ignore their sovereignty and send our military in to go after enemies.

We'll inform the Mexican government after we've crossed the border and tell them not to interfere and get out of our way.

They'll comply.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Pop, take a poll around the world at this juncture. The USA is among 'the turds' in the world, for exactly the reasons being discussed herein tonight. Like a drunken Texan in an antique shop in Paris, we figure we own the place and our shit smells exceptionally nice.

Do away with demand and the cartels dry up overnight. Why is there so much demand for these drugs in the US?
i like you man and i say that with heart, but i could not give two shits about what the rest of the world thinks about the usa
fent is just a cheap potent drug that make the drug cartels money
people are not going to quit doing drugs or being a burden on society, and homelessness is a huge problem, but if you cut off the teet and make them earn their own maybe you could help some of them take the next step in life

moose eater

I get a regular e-publication I've received for many years. StopTheDrugWar.org, from DRCNet.org.

In each publication, unless it's simply an encouragement to contact someone for political reasons, it has a piece entitled 'Corrupt Cops of the Week', and in there you can find US border guards, cops, jailers, etc., who bring dope into prisons for the inmates or traffic dope in general.

It's an entertaining column to read on the regular. And it highlights the tom foolery of this 'us and them' angle on these issues.

Again, the War On (Some) Drugs cultivates LE corruption. It's why when the first federal Bureau of Narcotics was being formed, they offered it to J Edgar, who wanted nothing to do with it, as he'd witnessed what the lure of illicit paychecks had done for his agents with prohibition of alcohol.

And that's how Harry Anslinger came to be in that position. And even Anslinger knew it was a failure of a brain fart proposal, but they paid him well, so he accepted.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
In the end, if you've simply replaced hose ends, you've taken a Mexican or Chinese-produced band clamp with little or no guard to prevent it from biting into your soft(-ish) rubber hose, and tightened that for the time being, to hold an equally cheaply made end fitting.

I buy a better hose and wait until I need a new one. But they're MY hoses, not the neighbors, if we're to make this pertinent to the discussion and proper boundaries.
right!
buy nice or buy twice

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I get a regular e-publication I've received for many years. StopTheDrugWar.org, from DRCNet.org.

In each publication, unless it's simply an encouragement to contact someone for political reasons, it has a piece entitled 'Corrupt Cops of the Week', and in there you can find US border guards, cops, jailers, etc., who bring dope into prisons for the inmates or traffic dope in general.

It's an entertaining column to read on the regular. And it highlights the tom foolery of this 'us and them' angle on these issues.

Again, the War On (Some) Drugs cultivates LE corruption. It's why when the first federal Bureau of Narcotics was being formed, they offered it to J Edgar, who wanted nothing to do with it, as he'd witnessed what the lure of illicit paychecks had done for his agents with prohibition of alcohol.

And that's how Harry Anslinger came to be in that position. And even Anslinger knew it was a failure of a brain fart proposal, but the paid him well, so he accepted.
ok, fent for all? i like you man but for real
the cartels are actually the good guys! with their dirty little fingers in all kinds of sh!t
but there is a corrupt cop on the beat?

why arent invading mexico?

moose eater

i like you man and i say that with heart, but i could not give two shits about what the rest of the world thinks about the usa
people are not going to quit doing drugs or being a burden on society, and homelessness is a huge problem, but if you cut off the teet and make them earn their own maybe you could help some of them take the next step in life

moose eater

moose eater

ok, fent for all? i like you man but for real
the cartels are actually the good guys! with their dirty little fingers in all kinds of sh!t
but there is a corrupt cop on the beat?

why arent invading mexico?
No, medicalized fentanyl for those who want/need it.

When I go in for a colonoscopy, which I'm overdue for, by the way, they give me a 'cocktail' through the IV that has Fentanyl in it. As well as Versed. I wake up with no memory of the procedure and feeling like I slept 8-10 hours, when I've only been out for maybe an hour. (*And with my long-time dyssomnia, that's a benefit worth its weight in gold!).

I could have any drug I want at the moment, including Fentanyl, sent to me for cheap.

Why aren't I doing that?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
No, medicalized fentanyl for those who want/need it.

When I go in for a colonoscopy, which I'm overdue for, by the way, they give me a 'cocktail' through the IV that has Fentanyl in it. As well as Versed. I wake up with no memory of the procedure and feeling like I slept 8-10 hours, when I've only been out for maybe an hour. (*And with my long-time dyssomnia, that's a benefit worth its weight in gold!).

I could have any drug I want at the moment, including Fentanyl, sent to me for cheap.

Why aren't I doing that?
apples and hippos brother
does the fent head go to a dr every time he need his fix
i have no problem with people who need pain med but these are junkies
/im going to spare you the clips of people tranked out but you have seen them
yupo have your own worries

moose eater

right, and fee housing and food stamps!
lets let them take over a city and see how that works out
the path of least resistance is down
If you watched that, pop, they had case managers who helped the addicts level off and provide/engaged in job training.

It's not a long video, though the 60-Minutes host gets a couple of things wrong.

In this society we've been fed a line of bullshit that says junkies can't hold jobs. The addicts who gained useful benefit from the Liverpool Project worked regular jobs and were contributing members of society.

Too much propaganda behind the assumptions that don't necessarily hold water when the approach is proper.

moose eater

Like I said, pop, I know the benefits that some drugs provide or have provided for me in the past, and I can have literally darned near any drug I want sent to me for CHEAP, no paper, nothing, just postage and a pittance of price in the deal, way cheaper than most can score. Yet I don't. Why do you (or others) think that is? It's not fear of the law. I've been a smuggler and a grower. I was dealing at age 13, and interstate at age 15. International at age 18.

Fear of the law simply means taking more time and precautions to think through whatever occurrences -might- pop up in trying to avoid negative outcomes. I mastered that for decades with a few close calls and very few slip-ups after I reached adulthood.

Again, why don't I do that?

Hell, I have an eight-ball of relatively clean fentanyl here for when cancer, etc., becomes too outrageous and it's time, in my own assessment, to permanently go skipping across the poppy field one final time with Doroty and Toto and kiss this reprehensible place and species goodbye.

Yet I don't touch that, even though there's more than enough there to get high a -bunch- of times and still have enough left to kick-off 10 times over when my body is in more pain than pleasure, and it's time to depart this place..

Give this guy a sincere, open-eared listen. He has some shit to say that matters, and that I can personally attest to, re. the meaningfulness of having a community and circle that you truly feel committed or obliged to. What he's going to tell you matters more than most might ever believe. But it's reality. My time in 2 communal settings years ago tells me this is fact.

Though I know from first-hand life, he clearly has a much bigger heart (and much greater optimism) than I do.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Like I said, pop, I know the benefits that some drugs provide or have provided for me in the past, and I can have literally darned near any drug I want sent to me for CHEAP, no paper, nothing, just postage and a pittance of price in the deal, way cheaper than most can score. Yet I don't. Why do you (or others) think that is? It's not fear of the law. I've been a smuggler and a grower. I was dealing at age 13, and interstate at age 15. International at age 18.

Fear of the law simply means taking more time and precautions to think through whatever occurrences -might- pop up in trying to avoid negative outcomes. I mastered that for decades with a few close calls and very few slip-ups after I reached adulthood.

Hell, I have an eight-ball of relatively clean fentanyl here for when cancer, etc., becomes too outrageous and it's time, in my own assessment, to permanently go skipping across the poppy field one final time with Doroty and Toto and kiss this reprehensible place and species goodbye.

Yet I don't touch that, even though there's more than enough there to get high a -bunch- of times and still have enough left to kick-off 10 times over when my body is in more pain than pleasure, and it's time to depart this place..

Give this guy a sincere, open-eared listen. He has some shit to say that matters, and that I can personally attest to, re. the meaningfulness of having a community and circle that you truly feel committed or obliged to. What he's going to tell you matters more than most might ever believe. But it's reality. My time in 2 communal settings years ago tells me this is fact.

Though I know from first-hand life, he clearly has a much bigger heart than I do.

im not against people who have a legitimate need gettin their medicine, but there is this huge problem with opiods
not even gettin into the blk mrkt but even people who need pain medicine from legit places are often treated like drug seekers

Last edited:

moose eater

im not against people who have a legitimate need gettin their medicine, but there is this huge problem with opiods
not even gettin into the blk mrkt but even people who need pain medicine are often treated like drug seekers
Yep, been there and done that.

I had no health insurance years ago, the first time my spine injuries finally flipped me the bird, and I rolled around in bed, or wherever I found myself, for a week, taking hot baths in the middle of the night and middle of the day, over and over, trying to make the pain in my legs go away, transient pain that kept moving and kicking off for no obvious reason. Pain like I'd never had before, and I have a stout tolerance for pain.

It would not go away. And my wife was unable to sleep due to this, no matter how I tried to distance her from it, sleeping in another room if I could sleep at all..

Finally on the 7th day, a Sunday, with no insurance, my wife insisted that she was taking me to the hospital, we dropped our youngest son at a distant neighbor, and my wife took me to the ER.

My biggest concern was not bankrupting my family.

The Doc, who never came out from behind a distant curtain (there were no other patients there most of that time), was clearly telling the PA, an otherwise decent sort, that I was a drug-seeker. The Doc in reference has and had a well-deserved reputation for being an asshole.

I'd been honest about my entire history, as I usually am. And let it be known that I have NEVER been into opiates, barbiturates, etc., Told them what I've told many people; "If it made the world go faster or look prettier, I was probably all about it at one time or another, but doing drugs that make life feel like walking uphill through beach sand just ain't my thing..."

They sent me home with enough valium, Gabapentin, and muscle relaxers for about three days, knowing full well my primary care Doc wouldn't be back in town for 3 weeks. They didn't give a shit about my pain, how I would contend with it or life, etc., and they still billed me about $4,000.

All because of paranoia about the DEA medical compliance agents (who typically have zero medical training) and the Doc -assuming- I was a pill-seeker.... while having very clear biases/prejudices toward junkies, which I was not and am not, without even fucking seeing me.

But that's not junkies doing that. That's a black & white-thinking, blanket-policy rendering, simplistic, knee-jerk system that has its head up its ass. The same sort of system that's been trusted for way too long with finding the elusive answers to addiction and illicit drugs..

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Though I know from first-hand life, he clearly has a much bigger heart (and much greater optimism) than I do.

I saw Rat Park first hand, collecting data, taking care of the rats, working alongside Drs Bruce Alexander and Barry Beyerstein (RIP friend). Many eyes in the science world were opened by this study but more closed their eyes because this did not fit their mold of evil addicts/evil drugs. Moose, you asked the question; 'why so many addicts-drug users in the US?'. I echo that.

In Mexico, where fentanyl and meth are made, the percentage of addicts is low. Most who are addicts or chippies still work at something to support themselves and family. Family and community connections in Mexico are huge. With exceptions family homes expand as the family grows and generations live together. Sending gramma to live out her old age in a home is rare.

Perhaps reaching out with warmth and compassion is a good start to healing all the broken hearts that need drugs to the point of semi-consciousness to accept life. Perhaps their opiate receptors can be trained to function on purer/less modified molecular structures. I know that one can be addicted to opiates and follow an extraordinarily productive life path. Many of you will know that it is a false claim as society branded (brands) cannabis users as lower functioning members of the community, when often the opposite is true. Same scenario. Think.

As far as a substance to provide to fentanyl users, I'm not a fan of methadone (or other synthetics), as it also acts as a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor which means serotonin is too active in the system, effecting, sleep, kidney/bladder function and has other negative physiological outcomes. I would propose morphine as it is less harmful than aspirin and just as cheap. It's half life is way longer than fentanyl; a single dose can last the whole day. There are also decoctions in water or tinctures of opium or just poppy pods which work even better and are even healthier physiologically. Poppies grow anywhere but of course they are illegal to grow for other than ornamental purposes. A plant, illegal to grow. Sound familiar?

right

People affected by the epidemic are very passionate about the issue.
I used to believe in legalizing all drugs, until I seen it in action in Portland and the west coast.
Invading Mexico I don't know about that. We could stop dope at the border overnight with a policy change