What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

greyfader

The contact person to a recruitment website of ukranian Foreign Legion, who had contacts with not only members of the american congress and their aides, but also a Biden-Kamala appointed chef.
don't worry about it buddy! when the election is done trump won't be president and ukraine will still be getting lots of funding and equipment from the west.

2 1/2 years and the mighty russian army has not been able to subdue urkaine.

now the ukrainians are in russia! that move forced the russians to withdraw troops from the front in ukraine. it's like a big chess game that putler is losing!

xtsho

Still doesnt look as bad as bellingham....yet

It sucks no matter where it is for the people that actually live there.

Then you have people out with more sympathy for the dope fiends than the people that work and pay their way. We're sick of it. Many people don't understand that these homeless are not there because their paycheck isn't enough to cover rent. These people won't work. Their only job is stealing and doing drugs. They don't want any help. They want to continue doing what they're doing. There are exceptions but the majority are addicts.

Most of us have been waiting years for something to be done so that we can start enjoying our cities again. Go out to eat, go shopping, just take a walk along the waterfront on a sunny day without having to deal with lunatics suffering from drug induced psychosis every ten feet and stepping over their filth as you squeeze past their tent on the sidewalk. Or walking past people in a zombie state just hunched over swaying back and forth. Getting a whiff of what smells like burning plastic as you walk past some addicts holding a lighter under a piece of tin foil as they inhale some mystery drug powder as it burns.

Over a half a billion dollars spent in 2023. There is help getting off the streets The problem is that these people don't want it.

The drugs that are on the streets today are nothing like the drugs from the past. The stuff on the streets right now is all synthetic and highly addictive. Back when I was younger I did some coke. We even freebased. I quit that long ago but I knew people that got caught up in it pretty deep. Same with meth. I was there when the crack epidemic hit. But damn, I've never seen anything like what's going on now.

These people are addicts first and homeless second. The root cause is drugs. It's that simple.

Trying to fix a homeless issue that's caused by drugs is never going to be resolved until you deal with the drugs.

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Have you ever wondered how much the Portland metro area spends on homeless interventions? John Tapogna’s team at ECOnorthwest crunched the numbers.

Local governments and nonprofits in the Tri-County area (Multnomah-Washington-Clackamas counties) spent $531 million in fiscal year 2023 on homelessness interventions, a 70% increase from the previous year.

“The number itself was shocking,” said Tapogna, a senior policy advisor.

xtsho

Everyone knew it was coming.

Sean "Diddy" Combs was arrested Monday night in New York City by federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations, ABC News has confirmed.

"Earlier this evening, federal agents arrested Sean Combs, based on a sealed indictment filed by the SDNY," United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York Damian Williams said in a statement. "We expect to move to unseal the indictment in the morning and will have more to say at that time."

A federal grand jury in Manhattan returned an indictment against Combs, which set in motion his arrest, sources told ABC News.

So Hai

don't worry about it buddy! when the election is done trump won't be president and ukraine will still be getting lots of funding and equipment from the west.

now the ukrainians are in russia! that move forced the russians to withdraw troops from the front in ukraine. it's like a big chess game that putler is losing!
I am not worried, I am amused and amazed to be honest that someone can actually reach such levels of stupidity as you.

The ukranian armed forces are being destroyed on an industrial scale and there is nothing that you can do to prevent or stop this process. And you will continue support with whatever diminishing lots that you can provide regardless of which puppet you chose.

So Hai

You mean like this lol
President Donald Trump awarded the Medal of Freedom to conservative radio personality Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday in an unprecedented move during the State of the Union address.
In other words the narcissist american pseudo nation does lol, color me surprised :LOL:

Cannavore

Veteran
Having livable cities has nothing to do with being a Democrat or Republican.
In a way it does, because it is the policies supported by the dems and repubs that have increased homelessness. at the end of the day it's a policy choice that we can change.

imagine pricing someone out of their lives, gentrifying their neighborhood, paying low wage jobs, having a single corporation control over 50% of the housing market, and the whole slew of problems we face that have been implemented and orchestrated by the neoliberals.... then turning around and criminalizing the person instead of the corrupt ghouls that made the system this way.

It's about time people start taking back their streets from a bunch of criminal drug addicts
i agree we should give the drug addicts treatment, and all homeless people money so they can turn their lives around.

It doesn't matter what your political affiliation is.
it does when like i said, neoliberalism is why homelessness has increased. what you're saying here is indistinguishable from pre-trump republicans. just curious were you a never trump republican who now votes democrat? because it would explain your incorrect rhetoric a lot.

If you think cleaning this mess up makes someone a Republican you are completely wrong.
yes when the policies you support create more homeless, then the solutions you support are essentially criminalizing them, yeah. what you're saying is the perfect encapsulation of how democrats are no longer liberal. they are moderate republicans at best, and corrupt genocidal freaks that prey on people's optimism to maintain their power at worst.

Portland is one of the most liberal cities in the country and we're doing the same thing.
damn maybe they should build some houses if its such a problem. same thing with SF. house the homeless. it's cheaper than criminalizing them. not to mention there are 15 million vacant homes sitting unused in the US.

People are sick of it. When you can't go out to dinner in the city without stepping in human feces or see some doped out freak with their pants down around their ankles with their dong hanging out taking a piss while you walk by it's time to do something.
it's only going to get worse lol enjoy the ride

Why should people have to walk through this crap? The bottom photo is at a nice park in a residential neighborhood in Portland. That's been cleaned up. Residents in the area were having their cars broken into, property stolen, people looking in their windows. People couldn't take their kids to the park. There were a couple instances where some doped up freak tried to drag young girls into the bushes.

You don't have a clue.
systemic problems tied to capitalism and neoliberalism. but hey let's just ignore all that and push them underground or just kill them. out of sight out of mind, the neoliberal solution!

Cannavore

Veteran
UBI pilot programs in this country and abroad show that when we give homeless people money, well over 50% of them return to society. sounds like a solid ROI to me.

xtsho

In a way it does, because it is the policies supported by the dems and repubs that have increased homelessness. at the end of the day it's a policy choice that we can change.

imagine pricing someone out of their lives, gentrifying their neighborhood, paying low wage jobs, having a single corporation control over 50% of the housing market, and the whole slew of problems we face that have been implemented and orchestrated by the neoliberals.... then turning around and criminalizing the person instead of the corrupt ghouls that made the system this way.

i agree we should give the drug addicts treatment, and all homeless people money so they can turn their lives around.

it does when like i said, neoliberalism is why homelessness has increased. what you're saying here is indistinguishable from pre-trump republicans. just curious were you a never trump republican who now votes democrat? because it would explain your incorrect rhetoric a lot.

yes when the policies you support create more homeless, then the solutions you support are essentially criminalizing them, yeah. what you're saying is the perfect encapsulation of how democrats are no longer liberal. they are moderate republicans at best, and corrupt genocidal freaks that prey on people's optimism to maintain their power at worst.

damn maybe they should build some houses if its such a problem. same thing with SF. house the homeless. it's cheaper than criminalizing them. not to mention there are 15 million vacant homes sitting unused in the US.

it's only going to get worse lol enjoy the ride

systemic problems tied to capitalism and neoliberalism. but hey let's just ignore all that and push them underground or just kill them. out of sight out of mind, the neoliberal solution!

You fail to understand the root of the problem. DRUGS

You can't just build houses and let these people live there. They'll destroy the property. You seem to think that all these people need is affordable housing. That's not going to solve the problem. These people can't afford anything. They don't work nor do they want to work. They just want to keep doing what they're doing. DRUGS

You like to point fingers and blame everything. It's not capitalism. It's not Democrats or Republicans. It's not the government. It's DRUGS

You obviously have no actual first hand knowledge or experience with this issue. If you did then you would know that the root cause is DRUGS

Nothing is going to be resolved until these people stop using DRUGS

You think letting them occupy the current vacant houses is a solution. That says it all. Within a week those properties would be destroyed, the yards would be filled with trash and junk. I don't know who you think these people are. They're not just some guy or gal down on their luck. They're dope fiends whacked out on DRUGS

Until this can be addressed nothing can be done.

moose eater

You can't just build houses and let these people live there. They'll destroy the property. You seem to think that all these people need is affordable housing. That's not going to solve the problem. These people can't afford anything. They don't work nor do they want to work. They just want to keep doing what they're doing. DRUGS

You like to point fingers and blame everything. It's not capitalism. It's not Democrats or Republicans. It's not the government. It's DRUGS

You obviously have no actual first hand knowledge or experience with this issue. If you did then you would know that the root cause is DRUGS

You think letting them occupy the current vacant houses is a solution. That says it all. Within a week those properties would be destroyed, the yards would be filled with trash and junk. I don't know who you think these people are. They're not just some guy or gal down on their luck. They're dope fiends whacked out on DRUGS

Statistically, only 50% of the homeless in the cities with the worst levels of homeless encampments have drug issues, and in at least 2 of those cities, a lot of the issue revolves around completely non-functional approaches to decrim or medicalization/legalization of drugs.

Homelessness in the US was a major problem well before those 2 cities experienced the moth-to-the-flame aspect of their poorly implemented decrim projects.

Their decrim was set up in a way that it was guaranteed to fail, and one might wonder why they might do that.

Homelessness is and has been primarily a result of economic conditions.

There's nothing in Cannavore's critiquing of the problem that isn't spot on, and I was pleased that he took the time and effort to so methodically and succinctly lay those facts out.

We have now, between the two parties that are both subservient to Wall St., Right, and further Right, where related policies are concerned.

To look at one and only one aspect of this truth, look at the current REAL spending power of the dollar, and look at the spending power of the average wage-earner's pay, then look at where corporate money goes when regarding CEOs, who are often paid more in less taxable bonuses than wages or salary, and who have enjoyed a greater distance between CEO pay and wage earner pay since the Great Depression, and they've enjoyed that niche for well over a decade now..

There's the picture, in reality, supported by hard numbers, of this 'hopeful Amerika'. Blaming the poor and disenfranchised is hardly a new look. They remind us of our society's failures, and some find that repulsive, as many more should, but in the end, the fingers are pointing in the wrong direction.

The only feasible option I see that will make the upper-middle class and 1% happy is to manufacture an end product of Soylent Green from the oppressed and economically disenfranchised.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Which drugs should we blame? Opiates? Many of the top surgeons of the world confessed to opiate use/addiction throughout their careers. I have used and been addicted to opiates since the 90s and have used off and on prior to that since childhood. I have accomplished much in my life to date.

Meth? There are many users who have steady jobs and families, especially noted where I live. Psylocybe, mescalin, cannabis? Perhaps the problems arise 'mostly' from ease of access to the drugs and the reason for taking/needing them. I have been guilty of writing someone off as a dopey pothead, yet it seems we exclude this drug from the bias for the most part.

Maybe a lot has to do with people having a quality of life where they would not seek so much medication. Perhaps many could function fine in what is supposedly acceptable fashion if these drugs were easy and safe to obtain. I can't say I know much about programs which have been attempted but I do know these drugs are cheap to produce; heroin = aspirin

Brother Nature

Everyone knew it was coming.

Sean "Diddy" Combs was arrested Monday night in New York City by federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations, ABC News has confirmed.

"Earlier this evening, federal agents arrested Sean Combs, based on a sealed indictment filed by the SDNY," United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York Damian Williams said in a statement. "We expect to move to unseal the indictment in the morning and will have more to say at that time."

A federal grand jury in Manhattan returned an indictment against Combs, which set in motion his arrest, sources told ABC News.
Remember his vote or die campaign for the democrats? Think it was like 2008 maybe, man that shit was stupid…

Hiddenjems

This is the question. How bad does Russia have to lose to push the nuke button and kill everyone?

What do we do if Ukraine sends missiles to Moscow and Russia retaliates by nuking Kiev?