What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

right

Exactly . I wish you the best in Portland. I hope you guys can turn it around .
Keep Portland weird
It will. That was the dumbest idea ever. I voted against it.

It was definitely pretty bad there for awhile but what do you expect when we had addicts coming from all across the country because they could do dope all day long anywhere they wanted without consequence. That's over. People are already being arrested. It's gotten much better pretty quickly. Like any large city there's always going to be a seedy element but what we just went through between antifa, the homeless, and the druggies was like a bad movie.

We're turning the page. Unfortunately the same can't be said for other cities. Some continue to get worse. These fucking drugs. Fentanyl and meth are destroying lives all across America and the world.

audiohi

Veteran
I heard she has a doodle too audi

View attachment 19065844

I figured your reply would be about the roast beef.

it was about wieners

RliFhHttp9AiTZf8GBePNYcBIGBDqqO-pn8XVA71NF8.gif

xtsho

Im sure its not that cut and dry to become a commercial pilot

Of course it isn't. But it's no more difficult than many other things people do. I wish they'd raise the requirements. There have been too many incidents in recent years due to inexperience. Mostly runway stuff but that can be deadly.

I mean how does this happen? These were trained pilots.

1726259985966.png

xtsho

The magats were quick to attack him for going against their cult leader trump. That's why I HATE magats. They're even too stupid to realize that the guy said he wished it was a white guy because then trump wouldn't be using his sons death as a prop.

There's a ton more nasty comments from the magats but there is no need to post any more. These five show the mindset of the magats. He called trump out and told him to stop using his son as a reason to attack immigrants. This man is a real American. Something magats are not.

1726260470674.png

1726260523425.png

1726260542804.png

1726260574256.png

1726260601785.png

xtsho

Well obviously it was built by Boeing 😜

Oh crap Boeing. I'm planning a trip to see my sister in New York and the non-stop flight I usually take with United Airlines is a 737 MAX 8. I haven't booked yet. I'm seriously hesitant to get on one of those planes.

Hiddenjems

All those prostitutes in the pictures looked of age to me

The weed looked good too

Are you above prostitutes and drugs?

Why would MTG just hold up pics of Hunters dick if she had actual evidence of pedophilia?

manipulation, huh?
I blame his parents. How many of us would be decent moral people if our family fixed every fuck up we ever had, and provided us with millions of dollars to do whatever with.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Becoming a pilot isn't that hard. I know several. I've been invited on trips but always declined. They give out Pilots licenses like they're candy.
You have no idea. Having a basic private pilot license is for neophytes. Even having a commercial license is no big deal. They still don't allow you to do much at all. Having an Airline Transport License is another story. Being able to pass the scrutiny of an FAA check every 6 months, replicating all the major emergency scenarios (engine fires, engine failure, electrical failure, pressurization loss bird strike, aircraft icing), demonstrating intricate knowledge of advanced systems, and a complex regulatory system is not a task for dumb asses.

Last edited:

xtsho

You have no idea. Having a basic private pilot license is for neophytes. Having an Airline Transport License is another story.Being able to pass the scrutiny of an FAA check every 6 months, replicating all the major emergency scenarios, demonstrating intricate knowledge of advanced systems, and a complex regulatory system is not a task for dumb asses.

And how do you know I have no idea? It takes time and money and intelligence. There are millions of people that have all three.

It's no more difficult than many other occupations.

Iron Maidens lead singer Bruce Dickenson was certified to fly a 747 and several other large jets. He did just that as he piloted the band around the world in Ed Force One.

Commercial Pilot Certificate​

The minimum requirements to become a commercial pilot are as follows:

• You must be at least 18 years of age.
  • You must hold a valid, current FAA Second-Class Medical Certificate (while you only need a Third-Class Medical Certificate as a student pilot, you will need a Second-Class Medical Certificate to operate as a commercial pilot).
  • You must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
  • You must receive the necessary training, documented in your logbook or official training records, to pass the FAA written and practical flight examinations.
  • You must hold at least a private pilot certificate or meet the requirements of §61.73
  • You must accumulate a total of 250 hours of logged flight time. However, you can become a commercial pilot with just 190 hours of experience if you train at an accredited Part 141 Flight School.
  • You must take and pass the FAA Commercial Pilot Knowledge Test with a minimum score of 70%.
  • You must pass the FAA Practical Flight Test with a designated pilot examiner (DPE) consisting of an oral examination and checkride, as described in the Commercial Pilot Airman Certification Standards (ACS)
There are additional requirements to fly for the large airlines but that's mostly flight hour requirements.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Like I said, a Commercial license doesn't mean shit. You can take people for paid airplane rides in a put-put. Look up Airline Transport license. Then look at videos of 6 month proficiency checks in a jet simulator. Maybe you will get the idea.

You're wrong again. Flying large airplanes is a higher license. Even after you get the ATP, you could be a copilot, like an apprentice. If you can't cut it you are out. Even if you can hold a copilots seat, some people never make captain because they can't cut it.

You have no idea.
This is a classic case of googling and talking authoritatively about something you know nothing about.

Last edited:

xtsho

Like I said, a Commercial license doesn't mean shit. You can take people for paid airplane rides in a put-put. Look up Airline Transport license. Then look at videos of 6 month proficiency checks in a jet simulator. Maybe you will get the idea.

You're wrong again. Flying large airplanes is a higher license. Even after you get the ATP, you could be a copilot, like an apprentice. If you can't cut it you are out.

You said what? I said it takes more to fly aircraft for a commercial airline. So what if it does? Nothing you mentioned is out of the ability of millions of people.

Anyone with a functioning brain and determination can do it if they put the work into becoming a pilot. It's not some occupation that's out of reach for any intelligent individual. Why are you even making this into something to begin with? Are you just looking to argue? Get in line.

Maybe it's because I've been surrounded by highly intelligent people my entire life that I don't look at things as difficult. I look at things as I can do that. If you're not confident in your abilities then you're more apt to be of the belief that everything is too difficult.

I have no doubt that if I had taken a a career as a pilot I could be flying commercial aircraft right now as could many others. It's not something out of reach. It's an occupation that can be had by many.

If the lead singer from Iron Maiden can learn to fly a 747 then half the people posting on this forum can as well. If they want to do all the extra stuff and be subjected to drug testing is doubtful. But making it out to be as difficult as you and others are trying to is ridiculous. It's a hard job that takes a lot of training, time, money, testing, etc...

It's definitely more difficult than most occupations but there are plenty of people able to handle that difficulty whether or not they want to be pilots or not. It's not Top Gun flying a fighter jet. Planes these days can fly and land themselves without hardly any human intervention. I'm not diminishing the role of the pilot that has taken the time to be the one sitting in the cockpit, but most commercial pilots will likely tell you that they could train an intelligent individual how to fly the plane.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You said what? I said it takes more to fly aircraft for a commercial airline. So what if it does? Nothing you mentioned is out of the ability of millions of people.

Anyone with a functioning brain and determination can do it if they put the work into becoming a pilot. It's not some occupation that's out of reach for any intelligent individual. Why are you even making this into something to begin with? Are you just looking to argue? Get in line.

Maybe it's because I've been surrounded by highly intelligent people my entire life that I don't look at things as difficult. I look at things as I can do that. If you're not confident in your abilities then you're more apt to be of the belief that everything is too difficult.

I have no doubt that if I had taken a a career as a pilot I could be flying commercial aircraft right now as could many others. It's not something out of reach. It's an occupation that can be had by many.

If the lead singer from Iron Maiden can learn to fly a 747 then half the people posting on this forum can as well. If they want to do all the extra stuff and be subjected to drug testing is doubtful. But making it out to be as difficult as you and others are trying to is ridiculous. It's a hard job that takes a lot of training, time, money, testing, etc...

It's definitely more difficult than most occupations but there are plenty of people able to handle that difficulty whether or not they want to be pilots or not. It's not Top Gun flying a fighter jet. Planes these days can fly and land themselves without hardly any human intervention. I'm not diminishing the role of the pilot that has taken the time to be the one sitting in the cockpit, but most commercial pilots will likely tell you that they could train an intelligent individual how to fly the plane.
First of all Dickinson didn't just "learn to fly a 747". He was an airline pilot among other things. No insurance company would touch some dipshit who came along and said, "oh I'll just learn to fly a 747". This is just another oversimplification. What you saw in your video was a textbook takeoff procedure .

You do sound pretty confident though. Maybe you should have gone for astronaut.
"And I think it's going to be a long long time.".. 😂

xtsho

Exactly . I wish you the best in Portland. I hope you guys can turn it around .
Keep Portland weird

Thanks. It's turning around already. Portland might be known as a liberal city but even the liberals want to enjoy this beautiful city. Everyone has had enough.

We're lucky that we have a significant amount of wealth and educated people with good paying jobs. We're not some city in the Midwest that lost it's manufacturing base and just keeps declining. We had an occupation by unsavory individuals that the leadership at the time did nothing to stop. We've had some extreme far left people that fortunately were voted out in the last couple of elections. There is a good centrist Democrat candidate for Mayor that I'll be voting for and I'm certain he's going to win.

It's a balancing act trying to keep everyone happy. But the Police recently started rolling out bodycams and there is a new civilian oversight board that's going to come online so that hopefully placates the far left enough to keep them in check.

One thing I've noticed is that we're moving back towards the middle from the extreme far left where the Mayor was standing shoulder to shoulder with antifa as they were destroying the city. Those days are gone.
People have seen and people remember. Those extremist have worn out their welcome in this 80% Democrat city. People might have had sympathy for their causes but when they shut down the city causing the Liberal Democrats from enjoying a meal at their favorite restaurant that just won a James Beard award it's hell to pay.

What I thought might be at least 5-10 years to recover is looking like 2-3 at most.

Have you been here? It's a beautiful city. If you're ever in town shoot me a message and I'll be happy to show you some of the great places that us locals enjoy but are not listed on tripadvisor or yelp.

1726280105217.png

1726280188502.png

right

Sounds great xtsho I'll look you up next time I'm around.
I've lived there a couple of times over the years.
I loved to get really high on the good Portland weed , hit a coffee shop and ride the Max all day.
Take care

xtsho

First of all Dickinson didn't just "learn to fly a 747". He was an airline pilot among other things. No insurance company would touch some dipshit who came along and said, "oh I'll just learn to fly a 747". This is just another oversimplification. What you saw in your video was a textbook takeoff procedure .

You do sound pretty confident though. Maybe you should have gone for astronaut.
"And I think it's going to be a long long time.".. 😂

Astronaut would be cool.

Textbook takeoff procedure that Bruce Dickinson was able to do.

I'm not oversimplifying anything. I stated it was hard work and takes determination.

You just want to argue. I get it. But what is your argument? That I agree that it's difficult to become a pilot?

xtsho

Sounds great xtsho I'll look you up next time I'm around.
I've lived there a couple of times over the years.
I loved to get really high on the good Portland weed , hit a coffee shop and ride the Max all day.
Take care

Well then you obviously know the city and how great it is/was/will be again.

You understand why I think so highly of my home town.

Latest posts

Latest posts