What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

shithawk420

Veteran
$1000 a gram? good lord thats expensive. i think $100 a gram is about normal here. i know coke prices are $100 a gram. meth is probably cheaper

moose eater

$1000 a gram? good lord thats expensive. i think $100 a gram is about normal here. i know coke prices are $100 a gram. meth is probably cheaper
Surprisingly clean meth along the SW border has been about $200 an ounce for a long time, unless it recently went up.

That's part of the reason decent quality coke down that way is so cheap for the last 5-10 years; the folks just looking for an affordable, economical, longer lasting high went for the meth rather than the coke, bodily functions and health be damned.

Unintended consequence #539 brought to you by the War on (Some) Drugs.

And I'm off to see the neurosurgeon about carving up my spine some more.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By the way, the B&B Bar on Kodiak Island had free coffee and free hot water, which was what initially brought me there to later witness some great/amazing moments.

I found that using hot water, ketchup, creamer, salt and pepper in suitable amounts, made a drinkable cheap/free cream of tomato soup.

And if you went into the fish cannery/processor when they weren't hiring, despite seeking a job there, waited for break time for their employees, and mingled in, you could grab a few oatmeal raisin cookies with nuts in them, maximizing nutritional value.

Sometimes the more effective method of getting hired at such places involved simply drinking their coffee and eating their cookies until they got tired of it and put you to work. :)
A great source of free meals is the hospital on the surgical wards. Whole meals are left on the trollies when a patient needs to go without eating due to surgery.

Brother Nature

Yeah, it's hard to imagine how people can afford an addiction to it at those prices... I think the cartels flooding the market has reduced the price, but it's not a drug or lifestyle that I am interested in so I wouldn't know the pricing these days. I was much more into coke in my drug taking days, but that's rare here and when you can find it its upwards of $400 a gram and the few times I have seen it it was not of a quality I would pay $20 for, let alone 20x that haha

Kiwis love their weed an psychedelics though so plenty of that to be had at affordable prices and those are much less harmful anyways.

xtsho

"In Portland, meth is more popular, more potent and cheaper than ever before. On the streets of downtown today, $5 will buy enough meth to keep a user awake for 72 hours, says Dr. Andy Mendenhall, chief medical officer at Central City Concern."

In 2000, a pound of meth was valued at $15,000, police say, and its purity was 60 percent, meaning the product was "cut" with other substances by 40 percent to stretch it.

By 2019, the price per pound dropped to $2,700, police say, and the meth they were seizing had a 90 percent purity.

A pound is 453 grams.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I made it clear that I would take the meat
bear, more than any other animal, tastes like what it has been eating. archers i know (and those i read about) all say that a black bear that has been eating blueberries etc can't be beat, but one eating salmon lying dead on creek banks is just plain nasty.
i've often been too focused on my own life to care about what my neighbors have.
that makes you an outlier compared to many people. bless you...:good::bow:

shithawk420

Veteran
Surprisingly clean meth along the SW border has been about $200 an ounce for a long time, unless it recently went up.

That's part of the reason decent quality coke down that way is so cheap for the last 5-10 years; the folks just looking for an affordable, economical, longer lasting high went for the meth rather than the coke, bodily functions and health be damned.

ive heard its really cheap there. here in the midwest its more expensive.im not gonna lie i took 2 hits about a month ago. it was garbage and i dont normally do that crap but i dont normally turn down free drugs either. i hate meth.its garbage and is ruining this country. a little bit of coke once in a while never hurt nobody.usually

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, it's hard to imagine how people can afford an addiction to it at those prices... I think the cartels flooding the market has reduced the price, but it's not a drug or lifestyle that I am interested in so I wouldn't know the pricing these days. I was much more into coke in my drug taking days, but that's rare here and when you can find it its upwards of $400 a gram and the few times I have seen it it was not of a quality I would pay $20 for, let alone 20x that haha

Kiwis love their weed an psychedelics though so plenty of that to be had at affordable prices and those are much less harmful anyways.
ive had people who i thought were my friend rob me cause they are addicted to meth. ive done it and dont really like it. it dont do it for me.id rather smoke crack but thats just as bad. ive never had a drug problem. its alcohol thats got me. i find it disgusting that people would rob their friends and family for a shitty drug thats not even good. or maybe ive only had crap.

Hiddenjems

That youtuber is pathetic maga stooge fear monger. He's done videos in Portland. Pure garbage. He only looks for the absolute worst things and only interviews people willing to support his far right agenda. He's probably married to laura loomer.

These hacks on youtube are only looking for clicks, subscribers, and likes. They don't care about the truth. These grifters are one of the reasons so many people believe in nonsense and conspiracies.
Did you watch the video?

I bet you give books and movies you’ve never watched or ready shitty reviews.

I bet you’re one of those blueanon folks.

Hiddenjems

I'm the last living member of that family of origin. And am currently older than any member in my family of origin lived to be. There's a -lot- not written in that. There's a cost to many of these hardships, and we should never wish them on others unless we truly think they deserve that sort of injustice.

There are people who I loathe and wish harm to; they tend to be those responsible for others' suffering, especially en masse. And especially when the suffering they generate is for what I regard as shallow baseless reasons. I don't hide any of that in my writings here.

But many of these immigrants, refugees and others, are simply trying to get by. That's all. And for many of them, my Country has a hand in how and why they've ended up here.
I don’t blame anyone for trying to escape a shit situation. I’m sure many of us would do the same. I blame our shitty immigration system for incentivizing illegal over legal immigration.

xtsho

Did you watch the video?

I bet you give books and movies you’ve never watched or ready shitty reviews.

I bet you’re one of those blueanon folks.

I skimmed through it. I've seen his garbage before. But you're free to get your information from a youtube hack.

There is a reason maga is so filled with conspiracies and nonsense. Garbage in. Garbage out.

He's also pushing 9/11 conspiracy theories as well.

Hiddenjems

I was going to say meth and pretty much all other drugs were dirt cheap in Arizona. There are folks making a living driving from the Midwest to Arizona and back once a month.

Hiddenjems

I skimmed through it. I've seen his garbage before. But you're free to get your information from a youtube hack.

There is a reason maga is so filled with conspiracies and nonsense. Garbage in. Garbage out.

He's also pushing 9/11 conspiracy theories as well.

If you watched it you would know that it’s highly unlikely that there are roving bands of immigrants eating pets. That the real issue is economic.

moose eater

A great source of free meals is the hospital on the surgical wards. Whole meals are left on the trollies when a patient needs to go without eating due to surgery.
I've had very special dietary meal needs for a while. Sometimes more stringent or narrow than others.

When I was on death's door in Fairbanks, with 7 post-op infections and a massive hematoma, courtesy of the jackass who nearly killed me at U of W Medical School and later lied left, right and center about it (never go to a teaching hospital for major surgery, words of wisdom after the fact), the hospital in Fairbanks had me down correctly at that time as both vegan (A temporary phase of trying to combat cancer; surrendered last year or so for the love of meat-based protein and the vegan diet being ineffective in the purpose for which it was assumed in the first place) and as a diabetic.

The dimwits were bringing me more carbohydrates in a meal than I typically eat in a day, even today.

It ended up that they sent their nutritionist up to talk to me so that she could learn something more real about a diabetic diet. I told them that if I were to eat the food they were sending, I'd have been dead for sure.

My wife throughout that period was bringing me good homemade foods that my system could handle.. Thank God.

Edit: But yeah, for the average person in need of sustenance, hospitals, restaurants, grocery stores, etc., throw away enough food to feed small armies.

Last edited:

moose eater

I don’t blame anyone for trying to escape a shit situation. I’m sure many of us would do the same. I blame our shitty immigration system for incentivizing illegal over legal immigration.
I blame the State Dept., CIA, and trigger-happy presidents/Congress for creating the need for many of these people to move in the first place.

Put such cretins in The Hague or Leavenworth and make an example of them, and maybe the bastards will do less of it in the future if there are appropriate and fitting consequences for their crimes. And they -are- crimes.

Under US law, asylum seekers have long had a right to forgo, or side-step to some degree, the initial more prohibitive screenings. Both sides of the aisle have been actively trying to take that logical safeguard away or lessen it to significant degrees.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

I blame the state dept., CIA, and trigger-happy presidents/Congress for creating the need for many of these people to move in the first place.

Put such cretins in The Hague or Leavenworth and make an example of them, and maybe the bastards will do less of it in the future if there ae appropriate and fitting consequences for their crimes. and they -are- crimes.

Under US law, asylum seekers have long had a right to forgo, or side-step to some degree, the initial more prohibitive screenings. Both sides of the aisle have been actively trying to take that logical safeguard away or lessen it to significant degrees.
Our system is based on growth. With our birth rate dropping immigration on a mass scale is the only way to keep corporations getting hits of the growth drug.

I’m actually all for immigration. But we can’t have millions of people we know absolutely nothing about walking the streets.

moose eater

ive heard its really cheap there. here in the midwest its more expensive.im not gonna lie i took 2 hits about a month ago. it was garbage and i dont normally do that crap but i dont normally turn down free drugs either. i hate meth.its garbage and is ruining this country. a little bit of coke once in a while never hurt nobody.usually
Clean and in moderation, most drugs are safe. Speed of any variety, coke, etc., are psychologically addictive (not physically addictive like most opiates or benzodiazepines) due to the dopamine affect. Why we referred to coke as a "S'more drug". The dopamine affect had you wanting to cut another line, after just having done one, even with uncut.

The range of dirt-cheap meth of relatively clean variant runs from the Border along West Texas, into Arizona, and over to Southern California.

A long-time compadre with serious pain issues since he was in his later 20s or early 30s, and a true right-hand man in most of our legalization efforts, has an on-board morphine pump inside his body. He likes to be productive, despite the disabilities, but the morphine pump (though lesser in dosage than oral or injectable morphine, due to being delivered internally, straight to the area(s) most in need) still takes the wind out of his sails.

He won't use drugs that don't pass the purity test, which means his sources are limited and trusted, but he takes CLEAN meth, dissolves it in high percentage ethanol (like Everclear), based on calculated formula of measurable concentration of X amount of meth to Y amount of alcohol, and in the AM he puts a DROP from an eyedropper in the back of his throat on the tongue. As a result, he's not wired, per se', but it overcomes the downed out and disconnected effects of the opiates.

If the Docs would give him 'scrips for Dexedrine as they once did, none of this would be necessary. But your Doc's ability to treat you as they might, has been undermined for years now by the overzealous DEA compliance officers, who often have zero actual medical training.

When I brought my wife's car up from the SW US, I was gifted about 1.5 grams of clean meth in a tightly fitted custom-made vial in case I got into a serious need of staying awake in emergency circumstances. It was February then, and I was leaving 70+ f, and headed for what was, in northern Montana (Sweet Grass) before I crossed the Canada Border, -30 f. I still have nearly all of the crank I was given. And I MEAN nearly ALL. About 6 years later..

Though I do take Rx amphetamines on occasion when in need when driving long distances, especially if in seasonal cold or short timeframes, or if a work project has tapped my now-limited reserves for energy and I have to get something done, I'll take a half-tab of whatever Rx amphetamine I have on hand, and don't use those routinely at all. But that vial of clean meth has had little recreational attraction for me.

In a few instances on that winter trip bringing that car up that I needed a bit of 'stay awake and get there safely', I gently touched a finger to the top of the vial, just enough to leave a barely visible ring of dust on the finger, and it was like mild rocket fuel. How people could use a gram or more of that in a day bewilders me. Powerful shit.

Last edited:

moose eater

Our system is based on growth. With our birth rate dropping immigration on a mass scale is the only way to keep corporations getting hits of the growth drug.

I’m actually all for immigration. But we can’t have millions of people we know absolutely nothing about walking the streets.
I'm from old school Alaska. You give every person a shot at their own ability to establish themselves as credible and decent, and hammer them when they fuck that up by victimizing someone. Don't take that away based on 'maybes'

If they're a known source of unjustified harm to others (note I said 'unjustified'), then turn them away.

As I've told folks here and elsewhere many times, to me, 'freedom of movement' means 'freedom of movement'.

Most troubles on this globe are started by governments and the power-hungry. Restrict THEIR movement if anyone's movement is to be restricted.

The borders are all man-made figments of invisible lines. To mock that point in satire, I've stood in front of customs booths years ago, looked to the left long and hard, then to the right, and back again, and said, "You know, other than for the clear-cutting of the trees between, all those colorful lines on my map and globe at home that I expected to see here, they're not here. What gives?" :)

If I had my druthers, I'd be lying long-term on a grassy knoll in Nepal, in the remote mountains, smoking black hand-rubbed hash and making shapes out of clouds, but for someone somewhere, probably with far more sins under their belts than me, redefining what 'freedom of movement' means.

Latest posts

Latest posts