What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Springfield Ohio had an unspecified threat shut down Springfield City Hall today.

Any takers on a specific threat? Any takers on motives or provocation?

xtsho

Springfield Ohio had an unspecified threat shut down Springfield City Hall today.

Any takers on a specific threat? Any takers on motives or provocation?

Probably some magats mad about the City Manager not going along with the Haitians eating cats and dogs nonsense. They do that kind of stuff. Like in Georgia where Raffensperger a Republican had to move is family after receiving death threats for not finding those votes trump wanted. Or those election workers that won a $148 million judgement against guilliani for defamation after he spread lies about them switching ballots which ended up with them getting death threats from the magats as well. magats are traitors.

moose eater

Eagle River is where i lived up there. when my dad was stationed at elmendorf. Im assuming it is now part of the great Los Anchorage metropolitan area :D
It and everything east of there for 50 miles are now 'bedroom communities' to Los Anchorage.

Though I can remember 40-some years ago when there were a couple of folks in Talkeetna area who commuted to Anchorage in small aircraft. May likely still be.

There's a small handful of folks in Eagle River I've been familiar with for 30 years or so with pro-quality and size/volume meat cutting and processing equipment, who've done a fantastic job helping us process meat for that duration, at a -VERY- reasonable price. Very cool and kind people. They cut and grind, we wrap and run tougher moose steaks or tougher beef steaks through a cube steak tenderizer.

moose eater

Thanks for asking for me. @moose eater said to stick with a goose.
If the goose is wild, and notably older, or under-fed, I'd go with the Rocky Mountain oysters, whether from beef, caribou, sheep, or whatever. A long-roasted, long-anticipated goose that comes out stringy, tough and minimal in meat, fat, and reward is nothing more than frustration that wastes both cooking energy and the consumer's energy. Even roasting a bird like that with bacon draped over it won't save it.

Edit: Like that white swan my asshole ex-partner/neighbor shot that I cooked. A waste of a magnificent bird, a loss to its life-long mate, and a waste cooking energy. A half-step from literally being inedible.

Last edited:

moose eater

It really is sickening.
The only saving grace, if there is one, is that many times these days when a trophy hunter on a paid safari kills a huge, magnificent beast, the meat is often donated to a local village or more.

However, if they kill something that's not edible, and I don't know what all that might include, if anything, I'd wonder what's done with that, other than for maybe heads/skulls, hides, claws, teeth, etc.

When people I knew up here killed black bear for the gall bladders to sell to (mostly) Koreans for what was respectable money back then, using the gall bladders as an air-dried cure-all (an illegal market, btw), or for the claws and teeth, or skin, I made it clear that I would take the meat, and that they -should- take the -properly handled- meat, ALL of it, even if that meant me hanging out in front of a pressure canner for a couple days, as that's the only way I really hang onto most bear meat due to parasites, unless it's turned to sausage. Even ate some jarred grizzly meat, that, contrary to many rumors, wasn't bad at all. The grizzly meat was from McBride, B.C., Canada.

Last edited:

moose eater

Eagle River is where i lived up there. when my dad was stationed at elmendorf. Im assuming it is now part of the great Los Anchorage metropolitan area :D
And yes, I remembered you had lived in Eagle River. Don't know when you left there, but that entire hillside, uphill from the Old Glenn Hwy through town, has been turned into subdivisions with mostly newer (EXPENSIVE) homes here, there, and everywhere.

We're a rapidly expanding invasive species.

Hiddenjems

What are you going on about? What does the diet of various ethnicities around the world have to do with trump rambling on about Haitains taking peoples pets and eating them.

It's amazing the lengths some of you will go to rationalize anything trump says no matter how ridiculous it is.

You:

"Hey dude! You're condescending because you pointed out the idiocy of donald trumps bizarre statement about Haitian migrants eating peoples pets in Ohio."

Which was a completely fabricated story that trump repeated for all the world to see.

delusional
[ dih-loo-zhuh-nl ]
adjective
  1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions
  2. Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness
Anybody remember this?

Donald Trump Jr. Poached an Endangered Species of Sheep in Mongolia, Using Your Money​

Donald Trump Jr. hunted an endangered sheep using upwards of $75,000 in taxpayers' money.​

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/donald-trump-jr-endangered-sheep

live-photo-from-springfield-oh-v0-x8h2i366maod1.jpeg

errr-gerrrd-v0-xvdbuz18aaod1.jpeg
Personally I believe that eating a cat because you’re hungry is morally superior to sport killing.

Hiddenjems

Are you still planning on winning a bunch of money betting on a trump win?
No. But because the line has moved so much, I’ll win money no matter who wins due to hedge bets. I rarely place serious bets. But in the case of a far off event between two teams or people you get the rare chance to bet on both of them as underdogs.

Hiddenjems

Probably some magats mad about the City Manager not going along with the Haitians eating cats and dogs nonsense. They do that kind of stuff. Like in Georgia where Raffensperger a Republican had to move is family after receiving death threats for not finding those votes trump wanted. Or those election workers that won a $148 million judgement against guilliani for defamation after he spread lies about them switching ballots which ended up with them getting death threats from the magats as well. magats are traitors.
It’s really simple. Take a town of 55,000 mostly poor us citizens, move 15,000 immigrants there and start giving them assistance right in front of working poor citizens.

While I don’t condone lying and violence, their pain is justified.

moose eater

There's a mink and tannery outfit in Idaho. Moyle Mink & Tannery. They've done a fair bit of really nice work for many people, including trappers and others from Alaska. They've done wolverine, lynx, wolf, coyote, and others for 'us'. And, as stated, quite nicely, too.

Anything in the way of furs sent to them from Alaska has to comply with the Lacey Act, which includes a declaration form, which, in its absence, at times trappers who've neglected to dot their i's and cross their t's, have had entire seasons' worth of furs seized by US Fish and Wildlife agents. (*Moyle is now a -stickler- for Lacey Act compliance by their patrons).

"OUCH!" said those trappers, which is rarely a get-rich-quick operation, and involves a lot of overhead and labor.

Moyles' is affiliated with a known, mostly Republican family, with a family member years ago (and still?) in the Idaho State legislature. Most of the family was big on the "Stop the illegals, close the border" stuff. Including and especially their family member in the legislature.

INS did a raid on their operation and popped 23 undocumented workers there. (*Maybe Moyle had a hand in that to avoid paying them? It happens).

I guess for some people, political principles and economics/personal interests/greed sometimes conflict. Or they felt they were THAT special. Who knows? Maybe an act of kindness for the local undocumented workers? Or maybe it was a matter of bullshit soundbites to procure backing from third-eyed, redneck, nationalist, banjo-picker voters who don't/didn't know any better?

Same outfit got popped processing illegal primate hides. A huge no-no. (And another very smart species, I'd add).

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
It’s really simple. Take a town of 55,000 mostly poor us citizens, move 15,000 immigrants there and start giving them assistance right in front of working poor citizens.

While I don’t condone lying and violence, their pain is justified.
absolutely.id be pissed too
There's a mink and tannery outfit in Idaho. Moyle Mink & Tannery. They've done a fair bit of really nice work for many people, including trappers and others from Alaska. They've done wolverine, lynx, wolf, coyote, and others for 'us'. Quite nicely, too.

Anything in the way of furs sent to them from Alaska has to comply with the Lacey Act, which includes a declaration form, which, in its absence, at times trappers who've neglected to dot their i's and cross their t's, have had entire seasons' worth of furs seized by US Fish and Wildlife agents. (*Moyle is now a -stickler- for Lacey Act compliance by their patrons).

"OUCH!" said those trappers, which is rarely a get-rich-quick operation, and involves a lot of overhead and labor.

Moyles' is affiliated with a known, mostly Republican family, with a family member years ago (and still?) in the Idaho State legislature. Most of the family was big on the "Stop the illegals, close the border" stuff. Including and especially their family member in the legislature.

INS did a raid on their operation and popped 23 undocumented workers there.

I guess for some people, political principles and economics/personal interests/greed sometimes conflict. Or they felt they were THAT special. Who knows? Maybe an act of kindness for the local undocumented workers? Or maybe it was a matter of bullshit soundbites to procure backing from third-eyed, redneck, nationalist, banjo-picker voters who don't/didn't know any better?

Same outfit got popped processing illegal primate hides. A huge no-no. (And another very smart species, I'd add).
my family raised mink years ago and my dad still has the trophies for the quality of their fur. im glad i didnt grow up raising mink. they are nasty mean creatures. maybe i can get my dad to send me pics of the trophies for me to show. apparently my grandpas ashes are in the trophies

moose eater

absolutely.id be pissed too

my family raised mink years ago and my dad still has the trophies for the quality of their fur. im glad i didnt grow up raising mink. they are nasty mean creatures. maybe i can get my dad to send me pics of the trophies for me to show. apparently my grandpas ashes are in the trophies
Hopefully you and your dad lived truer to your publicly stated ethics and beliefs.

moose eater

If people are being relocated due to refugee status, and in many of those cases, the US is/can be linked to the reasons for the refugees in the first place, especially if they're from Central or South America or Central Asia/Middle East, even if one has to turn back the pages a bit to see it, I doubt very much I'd feel a lot of greed, jealousy, or animosity for their being subsidized for a short period of time, especially knowing all of those subsidies are being recirculated into my local community's coffers.

I've often been too focused on my own life to care about what my neighbors have.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts