What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

i'm not an expert on photoshopping so i'll take your word for it. but it was posted on reddit 2 mos ago.

someone is going to ask how i know the goose was alive and i have shot a bunch of them while goose and duck hunting and they hang straight down and limp, including the wings. that goose is looking around.

Look at the mailbox across the street. They face the street. They're never facing sideways.

I'm not trying to convince you. Others need to get educated.

• Curbside mailboxes must be placed on the right-hand side of the road and facing outward so that mail carriers can access it easily without leaving their vehicle.

1726103674657.png

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
never had the "oysters", but goose is delicious. at least, those i've shot were. been thinking about luring a few into sticking their heads into my truck to get the corn and slamming the door on them. 10 gauge shotgun shells are expensive.. :whistling:
10 ga goose guns kick pretty good too. Better than hunting pheasant and getting runners.

greyfader

While I wouldn’t bet a penny that any of that actually happened, there is a police report of the geese being taken, maybe the guy lied, I was t there. The report isn’t unsubstantiated, it’s unproven.
correction, there is a police report of a call to 911 saying that the geese were taken. do you have any evidence of a report saying that geese are missing from the park? did the police investigate the call? did they make a report?

and all this crap about geese is designed to substantiate the totally unproven claims that "haitians" were killing and eating family pets.

both the governor and the attorney general of the state of ohio say that no such reports exist.

it's all racist fearmongering designed to scare old people into voting for the chump.

greyfader

Look at the mailbox across the street. They face the street. They're never facing sideways.

• Curbside mailboxes must be placed on the right-hand side of the road and facing outward so that mail carriers can access it easily without leaving their vehicle.

View attachment 19064891
that does look a little strange. i don't remember ever seeing one mounted like that before.

PadawanWarrior

View attachment 19064891
You guys and your conspiracy theories. If you notice the post is the correct way. It's the mailbox that's sideways. And if someone faked it why would that put the box sideways. Makes no sense.

xtsho

You guys and your conspiracy theories. If you notice the post is the correct way. It's the mailbox that's sideways. And if someone faked it why would that put the box sideways. Makes no sense.

Logic is now a conspiracy theory?

Whatever. Tow the line.

maga is over after Harris wins. There are two types of Klingons. The made up ones from Star Trek and the dellusional ones hanging on to trump. Those have a different spelling. It's Clingons. with a "C" not a "K."

Both are based on fiction.

An image that was posted on reddit. Yet you won't even entertain the fact that it was an AI generated image manipulated in an image editor.

I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

So years ago.

That's a manipulated image 100%.

Hiddenjems

correction, there is a police report of a call to 911 saying that the geese were taken. do you have any evidence of a report saying that geese are missing from the park? did the police investigate the call? did they make a report?

and all this crap about geese is designed to substantiate the totally unproven claims that "haitians" were killing and eating family pets.

both the governor and the attorney general of the state of ohio say that no such reports exist.

it's all racist fearmongering designed to scare old people into voting for the chump.
A claim is substantiated when any evidence is provided. This includes witness statements. Hearsay rule also applies. It would be proven when 12 jurors vote to convict the person for any number of things.

But like I said. I don’t believe there is any widespread eating of cats.

buzzmobile

Veteran
It’s very condescending to believe that the only diet in the world is an American diet. People do eat dogs and cats all over the world. They don’t need elites acting like that’s just a trope. It’s not a trope, America is amazing, other places they have to do a lot of things just to stay alive. Don’t minimize their troubles.
1726139256209.jpeg

RobFromTX

A fellow in Palmer, Alaska maybe 20 years ago, or slightly less, had a horse that strangled itself while tethered to a tree, and he didn't want the thousands of dollars he had into the horse to go to waste, so he had my game-cutter friends in Eagle River do the horse. It was during hunting season, and the guy had recently been there just before me.

The fellow who owned the shed with the game processing equipment, his son asked me if I'd ever had horse before, and I said no, knowing the French and many others eat it.

When we departed with my moose processed (2) and an angus beef from Delta Junction, to head back home, he gave me two packages (maybe a bit more) of 'horse burger' with beef suet in it, and the fellow who was helping me wrap the/our meat, who'd ridden down with me for the chore, later on the way home, said he'd take it if I didn't want it.

I gave it all to him, telling him, "I just can't eat My Friend Flicka'."

Likewise, I knew a musher who was broke and hungry and living in a wall tent out off the Homer Spit around 1980, and he ate a couple of his dogs, and took the ruff from his favorite one and had it sewn to his collar on his jacket.

When I asked him about it, he said that he'd been putting good money into feeding his team, couldn't afford to feed them all anymore, and he needed food.

OK for some, but I can't/won't (at least, if I'm not starving) eat anything that I regard as my companion. And for that, I'm sure my wife is grateful.

The outcry in Homer when word got out that he'd eaten some of his dog team was pretty LOUD, but he had no real shame about it. Just another situation where I wouldn't do the same unless I absolutely had to. Like the soccer team that crashed in the mountains in South America and took on an Idi Amin diet for a brief period; lots of judgment, but those judging weren't in their shoes, either.
Eagle River is where i lived up there. when my dad was stationed at elmendorf. Im assuming it is now part of the great Los Anchorage metropolitan area :D

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In some cases/locations the mail deliverer turns the mailbox to indicate 'you have mail' or the home owner to say 'outgoing to pick up' This is in the absence of flags.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Watching her stop shy from calling him a motherfucker gets top billing for the debate in my book.

On an important topic, if these people are only eating Canadian geese, are we worse off?

What if we can get them to eradicate honeysuckle, or the zebra mussel, or the emerald ash borer beetle?