What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

That Elections Division Director knows damn well that the states choose how they elect their Representatives yet she claims the Constitution does not state that a candidate must be a resident of the state. She's correct, but it leaves that up to the state. In Alaska you have to have been a resident for 3 years and a resident of the district for 1. Her refusal to remove that guy from the ballot is ridiculous as he is ineligible under Alaska state law. I don't see how the courts don't find in favor of removing him from the ballot.
Again, the ruling to remove the guy or not is due possibly as early as today.

Alfred E Newman reigns supreme in politics.

PadawanWarrior

What the hell does that have to do with some maga nutcase in Alaska refusing to remove a candidate from the ballot when Alaska state law states that you need to be a resident for 3 years?

And that maga nonsense about non-citizens voting is just echo chamber garbage. The majority of election fraud cases that have been proven were committed by Republicans.
It has nothing to do with whatever you were talking about. Just like all the other comments in this thread. What the hell does that or russia or anything else have to do with the Presidential Election, lol.

l was just curious what your thoughts were on the voter ID question. But you pretty much answered how I expected. Deflection. It was a test and you failed. Why wouldn't you want voter ID checks? Hmm, lol

moose eater

It has nothing to do with whatever you were talking about. Just like all the other comments in this thread. What the hell does that or russia or anything else have to do with the Presidential Election, lol.

l was just curious what your thoughts were on the voter ID question. But you pretty much answered how I expected. Deflection. It was a test and you failed. Why wouldn't you want voter ID checks? Hmm, lol
I don't know about other states, but in Alaska we've done voter ID checks for decades.

You either show State ID or a passport or a voter ID card, and they look you up in the precinct's registered voters' book.

If you don't have any of those proper ID's, you can still vote, but it is submitted as a 'question ballot'.

A number of my family members have worked the elections for a long time now. My older son takes time off work to do so now, and he and my wife both used to do the same.

My best guess is that this is the policy in other places as well, and some opportunists are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So Hai

America and the world = winners

…Russia is a failed state.

989E4C0D-3756-4C80-852B-9367F7AB5057.jpeg

Hiddenjems

Dahr Jamail was/is a journalist and mountaineer who hung with some of the Peace people for a little while in Fairbanks during Iraq.

A good guy and an honest journalist.

You can find more of his work on-line.

What Bibi did in Southern Gaza, the US Marine Corps did similar and more in Fallujah. Residents were told to exit. after that, Marines were told that anything that moved was a target.

This democracy thing we bring to foreign exotic lands, it's not always a good thing. And every one of our Presidents, commanders in chief by virtue of Presidency, and their underlings, right on down to the grunts, did zero time for serious war crimes.

"Truth, Justice, and the American Way!!!!!!"

The Supreme Court ruling didn’t just keep trump out of prison, it kept every living former president free.

xtsho

You are not qualified to administer any kind of test. I didn't fail anything. The failure is on the part of maga who are unable to think rationally but instead let a cult leader think for them and they just follow along blindly believing all the lies they've been brainwashed to believe. Nothing but cheerleaders for a lying grifter.

PadawanWarrior

I don't know about other states, but in Alaska we've done voter ID checks for decades.

You either show State ID or a passport or a voter ID card, and they look you up in the precinct's registered voters' book.

If you don't have any of those proper ID's, you can still vote, but it is submitted as a 'question ballot'.

A number of my family members have worked the elections for a long time now. My older son takes time off work to do so now, and he and my wife both used to do the same.

My best guess is that this is the policy in other places as well, and some opportunists are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
The laws are different in each state. The Democratic states are way more lenient for some odd reason, :ROFLMAO:

xtsho

To register to vote in Oregon, you must be:

• A U.S. citizen
  • A resident of Oregon
  • At least 16 years old
If you are not yet 18 years of age, you will not receive a ballot until an election occurs on or after your 18th birthday.

What You Will Need​

To register to vote online you will need an Oregon driver license, permit or ID card number issued by the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV).

xtsho

You are eligible to vote in Colorado if you:​

• Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Be a resident of Colorado for 22 days before Election Day

If you are registering to vote for the first time by mail, you will need to provide a copy of a valid ID. Acceptable forms of ID include:​

• Valid Colorado Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
  • Valid ID card issued by the Department of Revenue
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Employee Photo ID from Federal or State government
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Pilot's ID
  • Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
  • Medicare or Medicaid Card issued by the government
  • Certified Copy of US Birth Certificate
  • Certified Copy of Naturalization Document
  • Valid Student ID
  • Any Valid ID Issued by US Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Valid Tribal ID
  • Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native blood

xtsho

To qualify for voter registration in New York State, you must:

• be a United States Citizen;
  • be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18);
  • be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
  • not be in prison for a felony conviction;
    • learn more about felon registration rights
  • not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
  • not claim the right to vote elsewhere

moose eater

The Supreme Court ruling didn’t just keep trump out of prison, it kept every living former president free.
Yep, and that's a BIG problem. Welcome to a more open shameless monarchy, no longer masking the inequity in the supposed promise of equal protection under the law.

PadawanWarrior

You are eligible to vote in Colorado if you:​

• Are a U.S. citizen
  • Are at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • Be a resident of Colorado for 22 days before Election Day

If you are registering to vote for the first time by mail, you will need to provide a copy of a valid ID. Acceptable forms of ID include:​

• Valid Colorado Driver's License except one issued to an individual that is not a United States citizen
  • Valid ID card issued by the Department of Revenue
  • Valid US Passport
  • Valid Employee Photo ID from Federal or State government
  • Valid Military ID
  • Valid Pilot's ID
  • Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Government Check, or Paycheck that Shows your current name and address
  • Medicare or Medicaid Card issued by the government
  • Certified Copy of US Birth Certificate
  • Certified Copy of Naturalization Document
  • Valid Student ID
  • Any Valid ID Issued by US Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Valid Tribal ID
  • Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native blood
A Student ID, lol.

So Hai

Might be most insightful commentary since George Carlin explained that ”you don’t have a choice, you have owners.”

xtsho

A Student ID, lol.

Oh good grief. What is wrong with some of you. There is absolutely no significant voting by non-citizens. There never has been. It's just nonsense made up by trump and his maga followers. Like I already said. The majority of voter fraud over the last few years was committed by Republicans.

trump and his maga groupies can't provide any proof of anything yet they claim all these illegals are voting. I suppose we'll get the proof at the same time trump shows everyone the proof he found that he claimed Obama wasn't born in America. Or all the proof the pillow guy has that proves the election was stolen.

What's happening is trump has brainwashed gullible in America to the point that they believe anything despite there not being a shred of evidence to support the outlandish claims that freak spews out of his semen drinker on a daily basis.

moose eater

Note that the ruling only affects US law and prosecutions, and there's still the possibility for International red ticket/red notice arrests generated by the ICJ/ICC in any one of the 140+ countries that are signatories to the treaties and laws the US administrations have been violating overseas for decades. And I, for one, have been hoping for such.

One day our giant white cowboy hats will have us stepping into a pile of cow dung we can't quite wash off.

Henry Kissinger tended not to travel to Central and South America a whole bunch after certain actions in those regions.

Hiddenjems

Note that the ruling only affects US law and prosecutions, and there's still the possibility for International red ticket arrests generated by the ICJ/ICC in any one of the 140+ countries that are signatories to the treaties and laws the US administrations have been violating overseas for decades. And I, for one, have been hoping for such.

One day our giant white cowboy hats will have us stepping into a pile of cow dung we can't quite wash off.
The us didn’t sign on to be subject to the world court. This is just one of many reasons we don’t enforce their order on Israel.

Hiddenjems

Oh good grief. What is wrong with some of you. There is absolutely no significant voting by non-citizens. There never has been. It's just nonsense made up by trump and his maga followers. Like I already said. The majority of voter fraud over the last few years was committed by Republicans.

trump and his maga groupies can't provide any proof of anything yet they claim all these illegals are voting. I suppose we'll get the proof at the same time trump shows everyone the proof he found that he claimed Obama wasn't born in America. Or all the proof the pillow guy has that proves the election was stolen.

What's happening is trump has brainwashed gullible in America to the point that they believe anything despite there not being a shred of evidence to support the outlandish claims that freak spews out of his semen drinker on a daily basis.
Define significant.

xtsho

“Each time this dangerous but weak and fear-ridden conspiracy theory has been put forward, it has only cemented the truth more by being completely debunked — including at the hands of elections authorities from both parties across the nation, nonpartisan experts, and over 80 federal judges,”

Even Trump’s former attorney general, William Barr, said a month after the election that there was no indication of widespread fraud that could change the result.

Disputing President Donald Trump’s persistent, baseless claims, Attorney General William Barr declared Tuesday the U.S. Justice Department has uncovered no evidence of widespread voter fraud that could change the outcome of the 2020 election.

Latest posts

Latest posts