What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I would think that she can afford to stop sending 20 emails a day to my spam folder asking for money then? Maybe?

To be fair, that's how a lot of donations are gathered.

I'd vote for Stein, West, or Johnson if I wasn't fearful of fascism winning over freedom.

If I thought one stood a chance of getting the Electoral College vote I wouldn't vote for Kamala Harris.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran

Cannavore

Veteran
(y) (y) (y)

In August 2017, the administration of Donald Trump imposed sanctions which prohibited Venezuela's access to U.S. financial markets, and in May 2018, expanded them to block purchase of Venezuelan debt.[3] Canada and the E.U. also began applying sanctions in 2017.

Beginning in January 2019, during the Venezuelan presidential crisis, the U.S. applied additional economic sanctions to individuals or companies in the petroleum, gold, mining, and banking industries and a food subsidy program; other countries also applied sanctions in response to the presidential crisis. Companies in the petroleum sector evaded the sanctions on Venezuela's state-owned oil company, PDVSA, to continue oil shipments. In October 2023, the administration of Joe Biden temporarily lifted some U.S. sanctions on the oil, gas and gold industries in exchange for the promise of the release of political prisoners and free 2024 elections.[4][5] Most of the sanctions were reimposed in April when the U.S. State Department said the Barbados Agreement to hold free elections had not been fully honored,[6] although waivers were allowed to some companies in the form of individual licenses to continue operating in the oil sector.[7]

armedoldhippy

Veteran
To be fair, that's how a lot of donations are gathered.

I'd vote for Stein, West, or Johnson if I wasn't fearful of fascism winning over freedom.

If I thought one stood a chance of getting the Electoral College vote I wouldn't vote for Kamala Harris.
yeah, i'm not FOR Biden, nor Harris. but either would be exponentially better long term for the US and the world. we need ranked voting for POTUS...
But Trump’s saying that if he loses, Israel will cease to exist...

I bet you feel torn.
he'd claim he was Tinkerbelle or Beyonce to get back in power. NOBODY with an IQ over 70 really believes a word he says. nobody...

moose eater

yeah, i'm not FOR Biden, nor Harris. but either would be exponentially better long term for the US and the world. we need ranked voting for POTUS...

he'd claim he was Tinkerbelle or Beyonce to get back in power. NOBODY with an IQ over 70 really believes a word he says. nobody...
We have Ranked Choice Voting here in the State of Alaska, though it doesn't include Prez's races.

And the R's, who benefitted from the same old stale and abused 2-dimensional reality for too many years, and which far too many on this forum seem stuck to with perma-glue, are trying to undo RCV this year with a ballot initiative that will be voted on this November.

Like the Dems with their 'Harris or we're doomed' bullshit outlook on elections, and the R's playing the same bullshit games, both of them manipulating this way forever and a day, RCV allows folks to vote for their -ideal- candidate, then the less ideal or 'necessary if all else fails' candidate after that, with (up to) FOUR choices per race (not all races have 4 choices and not all voters want to vote for four), and GUARANTEES that no candidate can enter office with less than 50% support of the voters. No more minority representation holding sway over the greater group.

The same initiative that gave us RCV also outlawed Dark Money in races. (Fathom THAT shit for a brief moment, if you would!).

The most damaging and hilarious part is the number of Trumpers here who claim it's a "rigged system" because they are literally too fucking stupid to figure out how to vote in an election wherein, they can rank their choices in order of preference. People you -absolutely- don't want to wait with in a restaurant while they try to figure out what to order, if even ONE item on the menu isn't available to them.

So the people who had benefitted from fear-based "accept the lesser of two weasels" for decades, are now trying to remove RCV from operation here (and might succeed), after ONE major election cycle in which it was used. That's because it's some powerful stuff, where ferreting out this nonsense is concerned.

And the people here, at this forum, seem to cling to the same nonsense, admittedly without RCV, and insist on 'the lesser of 2 evils'.

Kamala and her crew a lesser threat to the world? Look at what Obama did with GW's three military conflicts, and the loosening of reins on CIA direct involvement in actual combat operations in at least 3 or 4 countries.

Last edited:

moose eater

Rarely has there been a truer moment for the infamous words, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." (Franklin D Roosevelt)

moose eater

Dont forget this lol

On rare occasion, and with no fault of his own, he MIGHT tell the truth...

Of course, upon realizing such utterances had occurred, he likely requires a Xanax or a Valium to overcome the awkward moment when his staff respond with, "WHAT???!" Adderall keeps people far too stiff to roll with such moments.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Dont forget this lol

Historically republicans screwup the economy then dems go in afterwards and repair the mess,

Republicans don't have a good history of winning the popular vote either. Gerrymandering, heavy programming for weak minds, and the electoral system are the only way they have a chance.