What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Black and Hispanic voters may favor Harris ,but the democrats need just about all of them for the win
:LOL::ROFLMAO::cool: uh-huh... you forget all of the white folks that The Chump has dissed, the insults to military etc, pissing off the majority of women, and the evangelicals that now realize what a fucking swine they helped put in office 8 years ago. Chump is LOSING voters, not gaining voters. but you keep right on whistling past the graveyard...

Cannavore

Veteran
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
GWt_BuRXYAANayg

Hiddenjems

Parties and political aggregates have flipped or betrayed platforms many times throughout our relatively brief 250-year history; some of this is easily seen/found in reading.

But the corporate Dems, which account for the majority of Dems these days, still try to sell themselves via their marketing as the party of the working man or what I refer to as "the Commoners', while catering -heavily- to corporate America/Wall St.

The question is, who among the voters is willing to put their party jerseys and related corporate sponsorship aside, scratch the surface and look harder or deeper, versus accepting soundbites in between evening soaps, televised sports events, or political speeches written by handlers, based on poll-counters, and presented in B- or C-grade quality of sincerity by those who claim to have the vision to lead us out of the mire.

Nationalism is way popular now. And nationalism invites all sorts of unholy bullshit. Look at the double-standards that fly even in this thread, with many not even seemingly aware of their bizarre nationalist entitlement thinking.
The Supreme Court isn’t as split as the media would have you believe either. They all agree on corporate interests.

moose eater

The Supreme Court isn’t as split as the media would have you believe either. They all agree on corporate interests.
But it was the far-right justices on that court that ruled in favor of corporate personhood in Citizens United. During which Clarence Thomas violated ethics rules that involved violations so -incredibly- wrong that it was STUNNING.

xtsho

Black and Hispanic voters may favor Harris ,but the democrats need just about all of them for the win . This is infact a big deal

The big deal is all the former trump voters that are going to vote for Harris.

xtsho

I'm not exactly a Trump guy ,but I will be voting for the lesser of two evils.
Especially when just about all of the criticism of Trump does not hold up to scrutiny.
Now that I'm back at the ranch I really must catch up on my work.

All of the criticism of trump holds up to scrutiny. Where are you getting your information? You need to find better sources.

RobFromTX

Sending your kids to public school is a mistake in the first place, even if they don’t get mowed down.
:LOL:Do you have any idea how expensive private schools are? On average $30k a year per student and thats if they live at home. I have a friend who attended one when he was in high school. Described it as a pricey daycare center for spoiled brats whos rich parents don't want to deal with raising them

Hiddenjems

:LOL:Do you have any idea how expensive private schools are? On average $30k a year per student and thats if they live at home. I have a friend who attended one when he was in high school. Described it as a pricey daycare center for spoiled brats whos rich parents don't want to deal with raising them
Home school.

There are loads of women where I live looking for non drug addict men that are providers to have kids with and take care of the home. They take pride in the cleanliness of the home, the attitude and ability of the kids, and many things modern people threw away for careers that don’t fulfill them.

4 of my grandkids go to Christian school, and I didn’t even raise my kid’s religious. One of them decided to marry a Christian girl and go full Christian. While I’m not in that club, the kids certainly are doing way better than other neighborhood kids in public school.

Hiddenjems

oh look at mr high class private school, make weed illegal again
High class? I grew up with drug addict parents and the different colored free lunch ticket, wearing hand me downs. I didn’t let that become my identity and neither did my parents. They both eventually got clean and led successful lives after pulling themselves up by the bootstraps.

But self improvement and class mobility are both taught as a fairy tale now.

xtsho

Sending your kids to public school is a mistake in the first place, even if they don’t get mowed down.

Public schools are fine. They expose children to different beliefs, races, cultures, etc... Prepares them for the real world. Home schooling can be good if the parents are good. Quite often they're not which leads to troubled children that have been isolated and end up arrogant and unable to function in the larger social structure of society.

Hiddenjems

Public schools are fine. They expose children to different beliefs, races, cultures, etc... Prepares them for the real world. Home schooling can be good if the parents are good. Quite often they're not which leads to troubled children that have been isolated and end up arrogant and unable to function in the larger social structure of society.
There is no larger social structure to society. That’s only in monoculture. The multicultural myth is a fractured society with no unity.

It’s most important to teach people to be of the most use they can be in school. Whether that’s as an engineer or a lumberjack is up to the talents of the child and the wisdom of the people giving them guidance.

Forcing people into boxes they don’t fit in is the hallmark of public education.

xtsho

There is no larger social structure to society. That’s only in monoculture. The multicultural myth is a fractured society with no unity.

It’s most important to teach people to be of the most use they can be in school. Whether that’s as an engineer or a lumberjack is up to the talents of the child and the wisdom of the people giving them guidance.

Forcing people into boxes they don’t fit in is the hallmark of public education.

It starts at home with the parents. It doesn't matter what school a child attends.

You can denigrate public schools all you want but the fact is that the majority of children do just fine and go on to lead productive lives.

Talking about myths, boxes, etc... does nothing but make you feel better as it's obvious you have a disdain for public schools.

I enjoyed public school and I can't imagine missing out on that experience.