What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

i don't think it is about the power of thoughts or attitude. it's what creates those thoughts and attitudes. it's about the internal decision making processes our brains engage in. our bodies and minds are not separate things. we are one living organism.
Earlier this year Medscape published the conclusions of a study down-playing/denying the influence of cortisol on cancers, with the exception of lung cancer.

My off-cuff conclusion in early thoughts about "Why lung cancer?" was that many people smoke due to nervousness and anxiety, and cancer can most certainly cause increases in both of those emotions, which can contribute to cortisol production, thus smokers might smoke more when experiencing those emotions/states of being, while producing more cortisol simultaneously.

Correlates, as opposed to cause-and-effect relationships.

moose eater

Some bipartisan pushback against the unfounded hysteria going on regarding Venezuelan gangs.

It appears that FOX as usual is making things more than what they actually are. But they do like to exaggerate since the headlines drive ratings.

View attachment 19058211

I've been perched at my living room window with a loaded shotgun ever since I saw the video. :)

moose eater

Some bipartisan pushback against the unfounded hysteria going on regarding Venezuelan gangs.

It appears that FOX as usual is making things more than what they actually are. But they do like to exaggerate since the headlines drive ratings.

View attachment 19058211

When a person takes a scoped rifle to an indoor confrontation.... firearms training and proficiency was not on their educational curriculum or class schedule.

xtsho

I've been perched at my living room window with a loaded shotgun ever since I saw the video. :)

I'm terrified. Not just of the Venezuelans but the Ethiopian immigrants as well. They're burning me alive with their Dora Wat and the Ukrainians are drowning me in borscht.

greyfader

Earlier this year Medscape published the conclusions of a study down-playing/denying the influence of cortisol on cancers, with the exception of lung cancer.

My off-cuff conclusion in early thoughts about "Why lung cancer?" was that many people smoke due to nervousness and anxiety, and cancer can most certainly cause increases in both of those emotions, which can contribute to cortisol production, thus smokers might smoke more when experiencing those emotions/states of being which often produce cortisol.

Correlates, as opposed to cause-and-effect relationships.
my take is that damaged tissue recruits cancers. it took 25 years of hep c that i didn't know i had to damage the liver tissue enough to grow a cancer. i was diagnosed with hep c in 2000 and found that my liver was already half destroyed. in late 2004 they found the cancer. they stalled it with a procedure that injected it with poison and then used a laser to burn off the blood supplies the cancer creates for itself.

i think that behavior and habits cause the damage that cancer takes advantage of. or, alternately, we are born with a weaker immune system that allows cancer to take advantage of us even though we might not even have developed bad behavior or habits yet.

as you said, some of it is luck of the draw.

moose eater

my take is that damaged tissue recruits cancers. it took 25 years of hep c that i didn't know i had to damage the liver tissue enough to grow a cancer. i was diagnosed with hep c in 2000 and found that my liver was already half destroyed. in late 2004 they found the cancer. they stalled it with a procedure that injected it with poison and then used a laser to burn off the blood supplies the cancer creates for itself.

i think that behavior and habits cause the damage that cancer takes advantage of. or, alternately, we are born with a weaker immune system that allows cancer to take advantage of us even though we might not even have developed bad behavior or habits yet.

Yes, cancer can be part genetic and part opportunistic growth.

moose eater

I'm terrified. Not just of the Venezuelans but the Ethiopian immigrants as well. They're burning me alive with their Dora Wat and the Ukrainians are drowning me in borscht.
Please pass the borscht. One of the several presentations of cabbage I can still eat and enjoy. Cole slaw too.

I blame/credit Asian immigrants for the notable absence of mosquitos here this year and have been willing to turn a blind eye to their presence, even advocating for carte blanche amnesty for them, just because of that.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i do that too, but it's a neighbor that sets me off. moved down here from Minnesota to "get away from the crazy people". LOL! he's crazier than a shithouse rat...
I blame/credit Asian immigrants for the notable absence of mosquitos here this year and have been willing to turn a blind eye to their presence, even advocating for carte blanche amnesty for them, just because of that.
hell yes! if any of them get tired of Alaska, send them my way. the bats here are so fat that they can't fly this year... :oops:

moose eater

i do that too, but it's a neighbor that sets me off. moved down here from Minnesota to "get away from the crazy people". LOL! he's crazier than a shithouse rat...

hell yes! if any of them get tired of Alaska, send them my way. the bats here are so fat that they can't fly this year... :oops:
Weirdest year I've seen for mosquitos. Wet enough that we should have been buried in them. Hardly any since spring right up through current days.

And very few pollinators, too. My wife's had the Q-tips out in the main veggie garden and greenhouse, playing Dr. Ruth for the squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
can't sit out here recently without a good breeze to keep the little bastards grounded. honeybees seem to be making a comeback around here though. i went nearly 4 years without a sighting in my clover-filled side yard, but spot them every time i mow this year! :dance013:

moose eater

You might find this read interesting. It has to do with ancient viruses and their trace presence in our DNA, and the effect or clues they may have on our susceptibility to cancer and/or treatment. A very recent Medscape article (sent out by them yesterday).

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Some of the guys were very decent people when alone. When as a club, groupthink can be a very dangerous thing, much like partisanism and nationalism, tribalism in general.
this has been my experience as well, with ANY group. bikers, LEO, Republicans etc... ONE of anything generally will not cause a problem.
Let trump spend money holding rallies in towns that are not going to gain him any votes.
he's not looking for votes; he's looking for fawning adulation (utterly addicted to it) and low IQ types that won't ask questions. he needs to be living in the Fletcher Memorial Home, where he can watch recordings of himself being worshipped by mindless minions and hydrocephalic fools...

greyfader

this has been my experience as well, with ANY group. bikers, LEO, Republicans etc... ONE of anything generally will not cause a problem.

he's not looking for votes; he's looking for fawning adulation (utterly addicted to it) and low IQ types that won't ask questions. he needs to be living in the Fletcher Memorial Home, where he can watch recordings of himself being worshipped by mindless minions and hydrocephalic fools...
you've just insulted mindless minions and hydrocephalic fools!

xtsho

Biden doesn't pander to dictators like trump. I wonder when trump will start having his assets seized to pay for the judgments against him.