What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Cannavore

Veteran
I remember those rumours the HA’s were defending ‘Murica from Antifa back in like 2019 too…. Fantasy land yo…

View attachment 19058171
community notes going crazy

image_2024-09-01_213300773.png

moose eater

I haven't been able to drink tequila since the mid 90's when I was in Guaymas Mexico for a week during Carnival. At night they blocked off the streets and it was one big party. They were selling shots at booths but they were more like 3 shots. There were bowls of lime and salt. I drank way more than I should have. To this day the smell of tequila repulses me.

Good memories though. Now I drink scotch and bourbon with the occasional gin, vodka, or rum finding their way into the rotation. But I'm mostly a beer drinker. IPA's especially. But hey, I'm from Portland. We've had good beer since the 80's.
I gave up vodka at age 15 when I was renting a basement from an injured trucker/biker and drank most of a fifth, then slept on a waterbed. Seasickness with no sea. Out the back door from the daylight basement AALLL fucking night, puking my guts out. I don't drink vodka OR gin since then. Tequila and good moonshine are the only clear liquors I drink since then, and I very rarely get intoxicated

greyfader

I haven't been able to drink tequila since the mid 90's when I was in Guaymas Mexico for a week during Carnival. At night they blocked off the streets and it was one big party. They were selling shots at booths but they were more like 3 shots. There were bowls of lime and salt. I drank way more than I should have. To this day the smell of tequila repulses me.

Good memories though. Now I drink scotch and bourbon with the occasional gin, vodka, or rum finding their way into the rotation. But I'm mostly a beer drinker. IPA's especially. But hey, I'm from Portland. We've had good beer since the 80's.
i lost my first liver 15 years ago and the anti-rejection drug doesn't work with alcohol so i had to quit altogether. my last bout with tequila saw me puking my guts out and the mere thought of it still makes me sick today. that was 45 years ago. the only thing i miss once in a while is fine whiskey.

my dinner tonight was kale, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with black pepper, tobasco sauce , and lemon juice. i pan seared a 10 oz piece of mahi mahi and threw it on top. dessert was fresh pineapple.

moose eater

I remember those rumours the HA’s were defending ‘Murica from Antifa back in like 2019 too…. Fantasy land yo…

View attachment 19058171
Yep, the HA has not been about social awareness since they were going to bust heads at the Berkely protests during 'Nam, and even that was over-played by commentators and authors.

The HA are about the HA and business. Period. And enough public relations via benefitting charities to try and buy a decent face when charged criminally or on trial.

moose eater

i lost my first liver 15 years ago and the anti-rejection drug doesn't work with alcohol so i had to quit altogether. my last bout with tequila saw me puking my guts out and the mere thought of it still makes me sick today. that was 45 years ago. the only thing i miss once in a while is fine whiskey.

my dinner tonight was kale, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with black pepper, tobasco sauce , and lemon juice. i pan seared a 10 oz piece of mahi mahi and threw it on top. dessert was fresh pineapple.
I did a vegan diet for about a year and a half when I was deluded into believing I could beat the cancer.

I got to the point that if someone had offered me another bowl of red Thai curried veggies heavy on cabbage, I might've gone to jail for assault. :)

And I LIKE (LOVE) red Thai curry. But after that time of veganism, THC/THC-A extracts, chaga tea, bitter melon smoothies, sulforaphane/broccoli sprouts, etc., etc., etc., I wanted meat and fish in my diet so badly I might've been tempted to mug a butcher if no one was looking..

moose eater

community notes going crazy

View attachment 19058174
The willfully ignorant public facilitating the fake news monster that has eaten the soul from Amerika's brains and common sense. Just one of the toxic fruits of 'free speech' and a 'free press', as long as the 'free press' caters to their corporatist masters, and they don't piss off those handlers too awfully badly.

Add to that an inability among the Commoners to apply common sense and known facts to sift bullshit from gems, and we is where we is.

PadawanWarrior

Jinx!!

They were on sale at Kroger, with the store sale and digital coupon combined, for $7.97 per lb. for choice grade, which is often a slight half-step from Prime..

Had fresh fried (home fries) French Fingerlings with a couple smaller German Butterball spuds from the garden/field for brekkie, with sliced uncured andouille sausage and an egg over easy on top of the sausage and spud hash, topped with some Tapatio sauce.

In heavy medical debt, but few to no barriers to travel, fishing, good eats, good smoke, various hallucinogens, various amphetamines when necessary to make expedited travel time on the highways after natural energy declines, and lots of fringe life benefits that make me extra grateful I'm not in Gaza or Sudan.
Right on. I got mine at Safeway for $5.37 lb. They have them on sale at King Soopers too but they're $5.99 lb. I'm in CO. Steak and baked potatoes. :)

greyfader

Yep, the HA has not been about social awareness since they were going to bust heads at the Berkely protests during 'Nam, and even that was over-played by commentators and authors.

The HA are about the HA and business. Period. And enough public relations via benefitting charities to try and buy a decent face when charged criminally or on trial.
i knew a few of them and did some deals with them. they don't give a fuck about social issues. it's all about the money. during the day they rode harleys without helmets (california pre-helmet) and at night rode honda 750's and kawasaki 900's with full face helmets on for business. nylon jackets, no leather, no markings or colors.

i went with one to a meeting one time where they talked to a guy who knew someone in a certain prison that was housing a snitch who had ratted on the angels. they made a deal to off the guy for 10k.

i was quite nervous even being there.

moose eater

i knew a few of them and did some deals with them. they don't give a fuck about social issues. it's all about the money. during the day they rode harleys without helmets (california pre-helmet) and at night rode honda 750's and kawasaki 900's with full face helmets on for business. nylon jackets, no leather, no markings or colors.

i went with one to a meeting one time where they talked to a guy who knew someone in a certain prison that was housing a snitch who had ratted on the angels. they made a deal to off the guy for 10k.

i was quite nervous even being there.
I had my limited interactions. Some of them good, some bad, some approaching ugly. Sometimes a bit of friction for no real solid reason. Some of the guys were very decent people when alone. When as a club, groupthink can be a very dangerous thing, much like partisanism and nationalism, tribalism in general. In a conflict, even simply something that begins as verbal, there's often no successfully telling a member they're wrong, and once they are heated, then it's typically/often more than just the fellow you disagreed with. It's now a party disagreement. And being wired only shortens the fuses.

And prospects are often looking to make a name... sometimes in all the wrong ways.

I came to the place where I have nothing to do with them, and the better ones I knew, local originals, who went way back, are dead now. One of them in particular was an infamous character. A decent guy. But he could have a shorter fuse at times, too.

*He worked on my heat system and wore a t-shirt here routinely that had ganja leaves on it and proclaimed in large print, "Will Work for Weed!!" :)

There are groups for which it's a bad policy in my opinion to engage in business. Too much room for perceptions that might be incorrect, and too much room for off-base assumptions, and, as I stated, there are some folks who are quick to ignite and don't accept that maybe they were wrong very readily.

Last edited:

moose eater

Right on. I got mine at Safeway for $5.37 lb. They have them on sale at King Soopers too but they're $5.99 lb. I'm in CO. Steak and baked potatoes. :)
Our snow peas are coming on strong finally, after the shittiest outdoor gardening season I've seen here in my (going on) 47 years in Alaska, seriously. A real rollercoaster ride that lasted all spring and summer in alternating warm/hot and cold, with too much wet.

So, we'll have either sauteed or steamed snow peas, home-fried decadent spuds that are crispy, high in starch, but melt in your mouth with tenderness, and rare bone-in ribeye steaks.

PadawanWarrior

Our snow peas are coming on strong finally, after the shittiest outdoor gardening season I've seen here in my 47 years, seriously. A real rollercoaster ride that lasted all spring and summer in alternating warm/hot and cold, with too much wet.

So, we'll have either sauteed or steamed snow peas, home-fried decadent spuds that are crispy, high in starch, but melt in your mouth with tenderness, and rare bone-in ribeye steaks.
Where do you live? I'm curious since the steaks are $2 more there.

greyfader

I did a vegan diet for about a year and a half when I was deluded into believing I could beat the cancer.

I got to the point that if someone had offered me another bowl of red Thai curried veggies heavy on cabbage, I might've gone to jail for assault. :)

And I LIKE (LOVE) red Thai curry. But after that time of veganism, THC/THC-A extracts, chaga tea, bitter melon smoothies, sulforaphane/broccoli sprouts, etc., etc., etc., I wanted meat and fish in my diet so badly I might've been tempted to mug a butcher if no one was looking..
pre-transplant i had to go vegan for 2 years to control peritoneal ascites and encephalopathic episodes. after the transplant they told me that i had to have at least 4 oz's of animal protein a day.

now, my kidneys are failing from the anti-rejection drug and i'm restricted to fish and chicken but the good news is they want me to eat a lot of it to maintain weight.

i will be starting dialysis soon but i'm on a kidney transplant list and my wife is going to donate one of hers to the cause. the probability is that her kidney won't be a match but they have a pairing program where her kidney goes to a matched recipient and i get one from someone else.

interesting thing about the liver cancer is that it clearly showed on all scans, but after the transplant, while i was still in intensive care, a bunch of doctors came rushing into the room waving charts and papers and asked me what i'd been eating and doing because the cancer was gone from the old liver. they couldn't even find a trace of it.

i had the cancer for about 5 years before the transplant and had been ingesting massive amounts of cannabis oil that i made myself. i would take high quality dry sift and slow cook it all day in olive oil and cap it. 15-20 OO caps a day sometimes.

i'm about to turn 74 next week and my wife is 55 and healthy. when i asked her if she would be willing to donate a kidney she didn't hesitate for even a fraction of a second. she immediately said yes and gave me a big hug and said she loved me.

i'm the luckiest man on the planet!

so, even though the world is all fucked up there is still much to live for. and hope that we, all of us, together, can change things for the better.

moose eater

Where do you live? I'm curious since the steaks are $2 more there.
Interior Alaska.

But when I was on my way to Arizona to intervene in a family ruckus in the early mid-1980s, to see my mother and younger brother (both now deceased), I stopped off at Ft. Collins, where a former fellow employee from the US Forest Circus in SE Alaska lived and was more or less from back then (Ft. Collins) and she helped to get me a job planting trees in the Red Feather Lakes area of the Roosevelt Nat'l Forest (the Rockies). Out beyond Puder (spelling?) Canyon.

We had cattle grazers up there using federal lands to feed their often-huge cattle herds, but I went into the grocery stores in Ft. Collins a time or three back then, and like with our king crab in Alaska back then, the prices there were higher than our prices in Alaska at that time for prime and choice beef, just as our prices on king crab were here in Alaska, which were typically bulk processed in Alaska (another job under my belt back then), then shipped in bulk 50-lb. boxes in semi refer/freezer units full to the gills with them, out to the Pacific NW, and placed in smaller lots, then shipped back, for which we were paying more for our stuff than most anyplace we sent them.

Like contacting a manufacturer for a product these days and finding they want more per item than the retailers selling their stuff. Not uncommon at all.

Last edited:

moose eater

pre-transplant i had to go vegan for 2 years to control peritoneal ascites and encephalopathic episodes. after the transplant they told me that i had to have at least 4 oz's of animal protein a day.

now, my kidneys are failing from the anti-rejection drug and i'm restricted to fish and chicken but the good news is they want me to eat a lot of it to maintain weight.

i will be starting dialysis soon but i'm on a kidney transplant list and my wife is going to donate one of hers to the cause. the probability is that her kidney won't be a match but they have a pairing program where her kidney goes to a matched recipient and i get one from someone else.

interesting thing about the liver cancer is that it clearly showed on all scans, but after the transplant, while i was still in intensive care, a bunch of doctors came rushing into the room waving charts and papers and asked me what i'd been eating and doing because the cancer was gone from the old liver. they couldn't even find a trace of it.

i had the cancer for about 5 years before the transplant and had been ingesting massive amounts of cannabis oil that i made myself. i would take high quality dry sift and slow cook it all day in olive oil and cap it. 15-20 OO caps a day sometimes.

i'm about to turn 74 next week and my wife is 55 and healthy. when i asked her if she would be willing to donate a kidney she didn't hesitate for even a fraction of a second. she immediately said yes and gave me a big hug and said she loved me.

i'm the luckiest man on the planet!

so, even though the world is all fucked up there is still much to live for. and hope that we, all of us, together, can change things for the better.
There are cancers that sometimes don't glow on a scan. About <5% of those with my cancer may encounter scans where the scan is clean, but the cancer is there. Simply not emitting a PSMA signal.
-----------------------------
I had a paroled sex-offender client in MH work who'd offended about 1,000 times against about a dozen child victims. I'll spare the details.

He was restricted in who he had access to, so had adapted and had been plotting access to a niece, one of the few kids he could get close to. Family.

His plan was discovered, LEO and parole people got involved, and a chase involving local LEO in that rural Alaska town ensued.

He ran into the woods at one point, leaving the car at the road, and from what could be gathered, drank about a cup or so of ethylene glycol antifreeze, sufficient by all accounts to toast his kidneys and kill him.

He went back to prison on dialysis on the State's dime, and low and behold, his kidneys recovered, the dialysis ended, and he was allegedly free of the damages as far as anyone's knowlege went.

I'm an Agnostic in nearly all circumstances. I won't pretend to have solid answers about the Cosmos and Supreme Beings. But the outcome in his case had me asking out loud more than a couple times, "Why him? What great feats is he going to bring about that made his life worthy of this miracle?"

I still have no answers, other than 'luck of the draw.'

Last edited:

greyfader

i don't believe in any deities or their children either, but i do have a profound respect for the spark of life.

there is a part of our brains known as the anterior mid-cingulate cortex that is becoming more understood.

rather than me trying to interpret it with a poor layman's understanding i will link a paper on the subject.

i think this explains why some people are survivors and some give up early. since becoming aware of this i can't stop thinking about it. i think this is something that everyone should try to understand. i don't fully understand it and perhaps never will but i'm fascinated by the workings of this part of the brain and keep reading on the subject. every day i learn a little more. it deals with some of the most intriguing ideas i have ever encountered.

moose eater

i don't believe in any deities or their children either, but i do have a profound respect for the spark of life.

there is a part of our brains known as the anterior mid-cingulate cortex that is becoming more understood.

rather than me trying to interpret it with a poor layman's understanding i will link a paper on the subject.

i think this explains why some people are survivors and some give up early. since becoming aware of this i can't stop thinking about it. i think this is something that everyone should try to understand. i don't fully understand it and perhaps never will but i'm fascinated by the workings of this part of the brain and keep reading on the subject. every day i learn a little more. it deals with some of the most intriguing ideas i have ever encountered.

I've wondered a bit if my current status, which closely resembles my premonitions about what the scans would show post-radiation, had any interactive synergy involved. The whole concept of people shaping at least a part of their paths with the prospect or power of thoughts and attitudes has some validity on some levels, but also sounds a bit Twilight Zone-ish at the same time.

xtsho

Some bipartisan pushback against the unfounded hysteria going on regarding Venezuelan gangs.

It appears that FOX as usual is making things more than what they actually are. But they do like to exaggerate since the headlines drive ratings.

exaggerate.jpg

greyfader

I've wondered a bit if my current status, which closely resembles my premonitions about what the scans would show post-radiation, had any interactive synergy involved. The whole concept of people shaping at least a part of their paths with the prospect or power of thoughts and attitudes has some validity on some levels, but also sounds a bit Twilight Zone-ish at the same time.
i don't think it is about the power of thoughts or attitude. it's what creates those thoughts and attitudes. it's about the internal decision making processes our brains engage in. our bodies and minds are not separate things. we are one living organism.

greyfader

Some bipartisan pushback against the unfounded hysteria going on regarding Venezuelan gangs.

It appears that FOX as usual is making things more than what they actually are. But they do like to exaggerate since the headlines drive ratings.

View attachment 19058211

how dare you interrupt this conversation with material relevant to the thread topic!

Latest posts

Latest posts