What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

Election season often reminds me of a couple of elementary school kids standing on the playground telling each other how the one's father tells fewer lies than the other one or can kick the other one's ass..

I got a kick out of the R's on the House floor last year, poking each other in their chests and calling each other out to 'step outside.'

These are the people who control whether or not we enter into armed conflict, how many civilian deaths are acceptable, decide what the budget will be, who gets which services, and whether or not those within their respective bodies have committed any crimes worthy of internal investigation.

A lot like the crew realizing as they approached Bligh Reef aboard the Exxon Valdez that Hazelwood was drunk and in his bunk. What are ya' going to do?

xtsho

If it was for being the first Black man to be elected president, maybe they should've jointly given the NPP to the voters as a group?

His election was historic. Less than 50 years before he was elected Black votes were being tossed in the trash in many places.

Don't diminish what Barrack Obama accomplished.

moose eater

Trump brags about the Purple Heart he has that an actual recipient of it gave him.

Oh crap, my TDS is acting up.
Trump is an unabashed psychopath, and the fact that he has as many dyed-in-the-wool true-blue followers as he does should have everyone buying bars for their windows and locks with steel backing for their door jams. And chastity belts for their daughters younger than 14.

And using Door Dash rather than going out.

moose eater

His election was historic. Less than 50 years before he was elected Black votes were being tossed in the trash in many places.

Don't diminish what Barrack Obama accomplished.
I understand fully the history of being Black in the US, had mid-west relatives who complained about Black people on television into the early and later 1970s, and that as recently as the early 1980s, mixed-race couples in places like Spokane and Coeur D'Alene were seeing the KKK (Richard Butler's Aryan Nations Church of Jesus Christ in Hayden Lake, Idaho) burning crosses in their front yards in Spokane.

I/we went head-to-head with the miscreant cowards.

"Die motherfuckers, DIE!!!"

But BO didn't elect himself. The People elected him.

moose eater

To be fair Slick Willie was the first black president the US had…
Hahahahahaha!!

He was, in fact, somewhat musically talented, but... Short of that, his attachment to US alphabet soup agencies during Iran-Contra and the guns-for-drugs period of Reagan's Central American crimes when Bily Bob was in Arkansas leaves me believing that he had not as much African American leanings as some might think. :)

Admittedly, he did like chunky white women with big butts. No offense to Monica. We all gotta'
deal with whatever we got from birth. Victims of our DNA and all. Right on down to the citizenship foisted upon us before we could deliver a statement of protest.

xtsho

I understand fully the history of being Black in the US, had mid-west relatives who complained about Black people on television into the early and later 1970s, and that as recently as the early 1980s, mixed-race couples in places like Spokane and Coeur D'Alene were seeing the KKK (Richard Butler's Aryan Nations Church of Jesus Christ in Hayden Lake, Idaho) burning crosses in their front yards in Spokane.

I/we went head-to-head with the miscreant cowards.

"Die motherfuckers, DIE!!!"

But BO didn't elect himself. The People elected him.

When my parents married it was against the law. The law wasn't enforced and it wasn't formally removed until about ten years ago.

moose eater

When my parents married it was against the law. The law wasn't enforced and it wasn't formally removed until about ten years ago.
There are likely still places in the US where anal sex, even with your spouse, is illegal.

We did have some serious seasoning in our culture-to-be in the way of laws, placed there by the limited number of Puritans among the early Pilgrims, England's religious fundamentalist rejects. And we've been struggling with proper boundaries in society ever since.

The East Coast First Nations folks should have killed the Puritans (in particular) rather than teaching them how to plant corn.

Can you imagine how much better the Nation might've been back then (and now) had they done so?

moose eater

Why are you so hung up on sex?

You need to get laid dude.
Not hung up on sex. Gave another example of boundary challenged laws that sprang from racism and puritanism.

But thanks for your concern re. my sex life. I'll let my wife know you're concerned.

moose eater

Why are you so hung up on sex?

You need to get laid dude.
But now that I see what exactly you quoted....

There are legal and ethical issues when a person in a higher position of authority has a sexual relationship with an underling. In some cases, these actions lacking in ethical boundaries have been criminally or civilly prosecuted for the inherent imbalance in power. Implicit coercion comes to mind. Yes, that's a legal thing. As a former military person, you ought to know that.

Edit: In the military it's been grounds for courts martial for decades, centuries even. I'd wager you're aware of that.

And some of us expect -more- self-discipline and ethical behavior and boundaries from our highest offices and law enforcement than from the average Joe on the street. You and others should too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts