What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

RobFromTX

But do you understand why it's a failed system? Seriously?

Yeah. Because the idiots on both sides took the wheel. It will get worse from here on out. It will just be younger trumps and hillarys in the next election. More of those "corporatist hacks " you speak of so often

xtsho

And she will win. I dont think there's a chance in hell that she doesn't. But she will do a shit job and thats a fact. This elections a true testimony to a failed two party system

Not everyone is as intelligent as you are. Some will be saying no way until the very last day and then will be screaming election fraud.

xtsho

So you like her now?

Not really. From all accounts she's a complete bitch and a horrible person to work for. But if it's choice between her and the guy I'm obsessed with I'll take her.

I wanted someone intelligent that wasn't a career politician. Mark Cuban would make a better President than either of the poor choices we have.

You don't like Cuban though and I was thinking that maybe you're a Spurs or Rockets fan. :unsure:

moose eater

Yeah. Because the idiots on both sides to the wheel. It will get worse from here on out. It will just be younger trumps and hillarys in the next election. More of those "corporatist hacks " you speak of so often
I was hoping for the realization that as long as the two primary national political orgs take their marching orders from the deep pockets, corporations and oligarchy, quality or vision in leadership is pretty much off the table, because that's not the target they're hoping to amplify or preserve at this point.

In fact, in better humored moments, I've envisioned two old guys like the curmudgeons on Sesame St. in the balcony, making/taking bets in Vegas about how perversely shallow and sold-out the candidates might become that they sell the public, and still have the voters pull the lever in favor of them.

Like with America's infatuation with Walmart and "unnecessary (cheaply made) plastic items", we, overall, as a Nation, seem to have largely been made unable to objectively scrutinize or perceive of the actual qualities and (lacking desirable) qualifications of our stuffed-shirt candidates who come ever more so close to bearing the logos of their corporate sponsors.... who are guaranteed a pass by both parties.

It's become abysmal C-grade theater for anyone not outright having sold their souls to a political party.

xtsho

I was hoping for the realization that as long as the two primary national political orgs take their marching orders from the deep pockets, corporations and oligarchy, quality or vision in leadership is pretty much off the table, because that's not the target they're hoping to amplify or preserve at this point.

In fact, in better humored moments, I've envisioned two old guys like the curmudgeons on Sesame St. in the balcony, making/taking bets in Vegas about how perversely shallow and sold-out the candidates might become that they sell the public, and still have the voters pull the lever in favor of them.

Like with America's infatuation with Walmart and "unnecessary (cheaply made) plastic items", we seem to have largely been made unable to be objectively scrutinous or perceive of the actual qualities and (lacking desirable) qualifications of our stuffed-shirt candidates who come so close to bearing the logos of their corporate sponsors.... who are guaranteed a pass by both parties.

It's become abysmal C-grade theater for anyone not outright having sold their souls to a political party.

It is what it is. It's been this way since I started voting in the 80's. Ross Perot was the closest we've come to breaking the two party system in my lifetime and he wasn't even that close. Probably because he was a complete nutcase.

RobFromTX

I wanted someone intelligent that wasn't a career politician. Mark Cuban would make a better President than either of the poor choices we have.

You don't like Cuban though and I was thinking that maybe you're a Spurs or Rockets fan. :unsure:
No sir im all baseball. Have nothing to do with basketball but i just don't want anymore billionaires running this country. I dont care if they levitate and have a glowing halo over their head

moose eater

It is what it is. It's been this way since I started voting in the 80's. Ross Perot was the closest we've come to breaking the two party system in my lifetime and he wasn't even that close. Probably because he was a complete nutcase.
It took a nose-dive in 1980 with Reagan's unprosecuted shenanigans, for which his cabinet member (Poindexter) initially took the hit for him.

Yes, some members of the government were selling out to a corporate mind-set even immediately after the signing of the US Constitution, and Teddy Roosevelt in 1910 presented a speech entitled "The New Nationalism' addressing this push/pull war of ethos, but since 1980, the Country has gone into full-tilt wholesale mode selling out to the highest corporate bidder. All while coming up with glitzy warm fuzzy promotionals and PR intended to attempt convince the public that the Congress, et al, gives a fuck about the Commoners.

RobFromTX

Like with America's infatuation with Walmart and "unnecessary (cheaply made) plastic items", we, overall, as a Nation, seem to have largely been made unable to objectively scrutinize or perceive of the actual qualities and (lacking desirable) qualifications of our stuffed-shirt candidates who come ever more so close to bearing the logos of their corporate sponsors.... who are guaranteed a pass by both parties.

For those of us that grew up poor walmart was the staple. Those faded glory jeans i wore as a kid lasted three years and costed $10 a piece. Not like the crap they have now. Walmart use to really take care of their people too. My father in law was a long hauler for them and retired in 2018 after 34 years and until he died recently he had a pretty sweet setup. Ofcourse he'd spend a small fortune on physical therapy and chiropractors each month, being a trucker will fuck you up, but he was pretty comfortable financially

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted someone intelligent that wasn't a career politician.
I think a career politician would be good...not some business person but someone who has had to take a Phd in being president, inclusive of history, military strategies, conflict resolution/mediating, economics, math & statistics; at least and pass with 4.0+ or be rejected from running.

RobFromTX

Hell, my daughters boyfriend has an asset protection job with walmart and hes miserable. Said everyone working there is miserable

buzzmobile

Veteran
Giggly child brains? Like the fools running around in red maga hats? Oh wait, I can't even call them children as they're still toddlers.

12 years ago we saw the first African American sworn in as President of the United States. And in 168 days we're going to see the first Woman President of the United States sworn in. Such historical events in such a short amount of time. America just keeps putting it's history of bigotry in the rear view mirror.

"50 thou a year will buy a lot of beer."

GenghisKush

I think a career politician would be good...not some business person but someone who has had to take a Phd in being president, inclusive of history, military strategies, conflict resolution/mediating, economics, math & statistics; at least and pass with 4.0+ or be rejected from running.
Here, this could be a required course. Offered until 2022 at Berkeley.

Midterm: https://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/Physics10/old_exams/fall_2000/Midterm1_fall2000.pdf

xtsho

It took a nose-dive in 1980 with Reagan's unprosecuted shenanigans, for which his cabinet member (Poindexter) initially took the hit for him.

Yes, some members of the government were selling out to a corporate mind-set even immediately after the signing of the US Constitution, and Teddy Roosevelt in 1910 presented a speech entitled "The New Nationalism' addressing this push/pull war of ethos, but since 1980, the Country has gone into full-tilt wholesale mode selling out to the highest corporate bidder. All while coming up with glitzy warm fuzzy promotionals and PR intended to attempt convince the public that the Congress, et al, gives a fuck about the Commoners.

I have no problem with that fantasy.

Latest posts

Latest posts