What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

xtsho

Is there something in the book they don't want voters to see?

WASHINGTON (AP) — As Project 2025 hits turmoil, the head of the influential, far-right Heritage Foundation is postponing the release of his potentially fiery new book until after the November presidential election.

xtsho

"Since 2019, Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has incorrectly predicted each year that Tesla would have robotaxis on the road within 1 to 2 years. He was expected to announce the plans for Tesla's robotaxi on 8 August 2024 but the event was moved to 10 October 2024."

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
"Since 2019, Tesla's CEO Elon Musk has incorrectly predicted each year that Tesla would have robotaxis on the road within 1 to 2 years. He was expected to announce the plans for Tesla's robotaxi on 8 August 2024 but the event was moved to 10 October 2024."
yeah, keep kicking that can down the road
the liability alone on a totally self driving car would be enormous, unless there is specially built infrastructure in place
he he has some crazy ideas that he has realized
i dont even think nasa launches its own rockets anymore?! and vandenburg?!wasnt that that was an afb

im not a fan of ev and i actually like to drive my vehicle so im not into all this automation, but this guy is on the cutting edge

xtsho

yeah, keep kicking that can down the road
the liability alone on a totally self driving car would be enormous, unless there is specially built infrastructure in place
he he has some crazy ideas that he has realized
i dont even think nasa launches its own rockets anymore?! and vandenburg?!wasnt that that was an afb

im not a fan of ev and i actually like to drive my vehicle so im not into all this automation, but this guy is on the cutting edge

musk is just using the robotaxi talking points to keep Tesla stock up. He's been making promises for years just for that reason and so far it's worked somewhat. But I don't see how robotaxi's are going to be the next big thing for Tesla. The technology already exists and is currently in use. He's already late to the game.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
musk is just using the robotaxi talking points to keep Tesla stock up. He's been making promises for years just for that reason and so far it's worked somewhat. But I don't see how robotaxi's are going to be the next big thing for Tesla. The technology already exists and is currently in use. He's already late to the game.

maybe im a dinosaur but im not getting into any car that does not have a person behind the wheel
/name one conveyance that you would ride in w/o a real person at the helm?
i actually like to drive so i dont mind being behind the wheel
i do use cruise control, the closest thing a lot of us old farts will get to self driving, but im still on the wheel and paying attention to the road

i dont trust the cameras in these autonomous cars to detect all the things a person could and what is the thing goes haywire? as a passnager is there an emergency shut off button?

xtsho

maybe im a dinosaur but im not getting into any car that does not have a person behind the wheel
/name one conveyance that you would ride in w/o a real person at the helm?
i actually like to drive so i dont mind being behind the wheel
i do use cruise control, the closest thing a lot of us old farts will get to self driving, but im still on the wheel and paying attention to the road

i dont trust the cameras in these autonomous cars to detect all the things a person could and what is the thing goes haywire? as a passnager is there an emergency shut off button?

No you're not a dinosaur because you like to drive. Some of us even like manual transmissions.

I'm not a fan of these autonomous vehicles either. If I want a robotaxi I'll take an Uber. That's basically the same thing as far as the customer is concerned.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
No you're not a dinosaur because you like to drive. Some of us even like manual transmissions.

I'm not a fan of these autonomous vehicles either. If I want a robotaxi I'll take an Uber. That's basically the same thing as far as the customer is concerned.
right!
but its trendy right now and tesla cars are actually like a kind of a lux thing where i live
but like you said i just like to drive
i grew up driving with a clutch, (trucks and a sweeet toyota celica! 5 speed)
my curent truck is automatic, but im letting the machine do the work

im not a fan of ai

Last edited:

audiohi

Veteran
Well if Elon said it, it must be true. Aren't we supposed to have people on Mars by now? Lol
signs-of-more-serious-mental-health-issues-include-the-v0-i7h62wzjq8hd1.jpeg

greyfader

right!
but its trendy right now and tesla cars are actually like a kind of a lux thing where i live
but like you said i just like to drive
i grew up driving with a clutch, (trucks and a sweeet toyota celica! 5 speed)
my curent truck is automatic, but im letting the machine do the work

im not a fan of ai
i don't want no self driving car! i have owned a few sports cars and i like driving. if i get killed in a car i want it to be my fault not some fucking machine.

greyfader

rep cori bush, democrat, missouri, a member of the progressive "squad", was just defeated in the primary by a moderate democrat.

i think it's a sign that people are getting tired of extremists.

CaptainDankness

I thought you people believe that the earth is flat
I believe we're going to be attacked by illegal immigrants. We caught at least one Chinese spy scoping out a military base, we've also caught several people on the terrorist watchlist and we have a whole lot of known got aways. We also had 60,000 lbs of Ammonium nitrate disappear without a trace last year.

If we did have a "civil war", it's probably only going to be enough to try justifying disarming Americans. I mean they're calling a riot an insurrection. Lol

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rep cori bush, democrat, missouri, a member of the progressive "squad", was just defeated in the primary by a moderate democrat.

i think it's a sign that people are getting tired of extremists.
From what I gather she was a pretty crap Rep., Squad member or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts