What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

moose eater

For those of us that grew up poor walmart was the staple. Those faded glory jeans i wore as a kid lasted three years and costed $10 a piece. Not like the crap they have now. Walmart use to really take care of their people too. My father in law was a long hauler for them and retired in 2018 after 34 years and until he died recently he had a pretty sweet setup. Ofcourse he'd spend a small fortune on physical therapy and chiropractors each month, being a trucker will fuck you up, but he was pretty comfortable financially
Walmart KEEPS people poor.

Case in point among several of the carpetbagger outfits, involves keeping employees on 'part-time temporary' status in order to save money on benefits, etc., while paying marginal wages, even when those employees are working over 40-hours per week for well over a couple years. I know of such instances with both Walmart AND Kroger.

They sell products produced in questionable conditions, often with poor quality control, and market them to those who can only afford cheap shit, while simultaneously working to keep average wage earners' incomes low.

Where do people shop when they can't afford Sachs 5th Ave? They shop at Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

Saviors of the poor and unwashed, they are not.

xtsho

NOBODY liked probability and statistics.

:good:

I have a textbook on Probability and Statistics somewhere in a box in the garage. I have this mathematics textbook I've been working through to refresh my memory. It's been decades since I learned this stuff and I never really used much math in my occupation. Now that I'm working with machine learning math has become an essential part of what I'm doing. It comes back quickly. But it makes my brain hurt. :eek:

mathmatics.jpg

xtsho

Which 'fantasy' are you referring to?

I was referring to this. I don't know how I quoted your post.

I think a career politician would be good...not some business person but someone who has had to take a Phd in being president, inclusive of history, military strategies, conflict resolution/mediating, economics, math & statistics; at least and pass with 4.0+ or be rejected from running.

greyfader

rep andy ogles of tennessee, a maga trump supporter, had his house raided by the fbi. they confiscated his phone and computer, and account records. he is suspected of stealing $350k from his own campaign fund.

xtsho

I skimmed through the Harriz/Walz rally. The tone was so much different than that of a trump rally. I don't see America choosing trumps hateful, name calling, angry, rage, incoherent, babble over the positive and happy tone the Harris campaign has.

People are sick of trump and his nothingness. All he does is talk trash. He's like a child. Hate and name calling is not putting him back in the White House.

xtsho

I'm sure trump is regretting his pick for VP

Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy — who backed Trump in 2015, interviewed him at the White House in 2020 and endorsed his 2024 campaign — called the 2024 GOP vice presidential nominee's past proposal to tax childless Americans at a higher rate "f—ing idiotic."

"You want me to pay more taxes to take care of other people's kids? We sure this dude is a Republican? Sounds like a moron," Portnoy tweeted in July. "If you can't afford a big family don't have a ton of kids."

armedoldhippy

Veteran
rep andy ogles of tennessee, a maga trump supporter, had his house raided by the fbi. they confiscated his phone and computer, and account records. he is suspected of stealing $350k from his own campaign fund.
we are slap eat the fuck up with corrupt GOP here in the Volunteer state. the only good news is that a higher % of new voters are registering as Democrats these days. the state was largely Democratic until LBJ signed the Civil Rights act. we've been on a slow slide down hill ever since then... :unsure:

xtsho

The only civil war going on is the one within the Republican party.

A fight broke out at the opening of a Trump campaign office in Valdosta, Georgia, police have said.

Carnline told the Journal-Constitution that Phillips stepped in between him and LaHood and that he told Carnline to “quit bothering” the state representative. When Carnline didn’t step back, he said Phillips began making insults against his family.

“I probably pointed at him and told him to get away from me. He immediately spit in my face. And at that point, I pushed him and shoved him as hard as I could,” Carnline told the paper. “He jumped back up. I cocked my fist back and was intending to hit him, but I might have just glanced his shoulder.”

Lahood and others attending the event say they saw Carnline punch or shove Phillips at least two times.

moose eater

The only civil war going on is the one within the Republican party.

A fight broke out at the opening of a Trump campaign office in Valdosta, Georgia, police have said.

Carnline told the Journal-Constitution that Phillips stepped in between him and LaHood and that he told Carnline to “quit bothering” the state representative. When Carnline didn’t step back, he said Phillips began making insults against his family.

“I probably pointed at him and told him to get away from me. He immediately spit in my face. And at that point, I pushed him and shoved him as hard as I could,” Carnline told the paper. “He jumped back up. I cocked my fist back and was intending to hit him, but I might have just glanced his shoulder.”

Lahood and others attending the event say they saw Carnline punch or shove Phillips at least two times.
Hilarious, and as age-appropriate as The Donald. Must be the new training program at the Trump boot camp.

I guess they've run out of protesters to punch for the time being.

All of this should be put on Pay Per View and broadcast via CCTV. Could potentially reduce the National debt.

Latest posts

Latest posts