What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Cannavore

Veteran
GTsn6v7X0AA76ql

xtsho

what should happen to elon and all billionaires

View attachment 19040576

View attachment 19040577

It's sad to see the promise China had for it's people crash and burn the way it has. I'm talking recent. Not historical. China was on top of the world ten years ago. Now their country is falling apart. 1.4 billion people all messed up in the mind watching everything fall apart around them. Won't be hard for the CCP to convince them that war is their way out and try to invade Taiwan. They have plenty of young men to send to their deaths just as a distraction so those in power stay in power.

I see a military conflict involving Taiwan happening in the next decade. There is a reason the US is subsidizing TSMC building plants in the USA. We can't be crippled by a Chinese attempt to take Taiwan.

For those that don't know, TSMC is the biggest chip manufacturer in the world. They contract with companies like Nvidia, AMD, and others to manufacture chips for them. Fortunately we have Intel which also has large facilities that can manufacture chips and they've been expanding.

The Chip's Act that was enacted a couple years ago was a big deal. It's in our national security interests to have control over the production and prevent any disruption due to overseas hostilities. We need these facilities on our soil and not be dependent on foreign sources for critical goods.

xtsho

You say it like making money is a bad thing.

Neither candidate is going to end the world, and one of them will make me more money. I think that’s a pretty factual take. Either way I’ll be fine.

How is trump as President going to make you more money?

Asking for a friend.

xtsho

You say it like making money is a bad thing.

Neither candidate is going to end the world, and one of them will make me more money. I think that’s a pretty factual take. Either way I’ll be fine.

I try and make as much money as I can. In fact I'm driven to make money. I think about money all the time. Having money is something I enjoy.

But while I want to make money I'm not willing to do it at the expense or detriment of anyone else.

trump basically steals money from people like you and I. His record of stiffing the little guy are legendary. That's why they despise him in New York. There is a reason he stays down in Florida. Most New Yorkers would rather spit in his face than give him the time of day. I have family living in Brooklyn and he's not welcome there or in most areas of the five boroughs with the exception of Staten Island.

Last edited:

xtsho

right, i didn't see my mistake until after i posted it. to be fair, i want to state, for the record, that i know cows and pigs are two different animals, and i apologize to both groups for any perceived insult.🤣

I've made beef bacon but I prefer pork for that purpose.

This bacon I made was so good. I still have dreams about it.

baconbutt.jpg

greyfader

it it too late to change my vote to bacon?
so, in tennessee, about 20 years ago, there was this pig farm. and out near the highway they had a big fiberglass pig. well, someone, bless their heart, took a department store mannequin, dressed it in a cop uniform but with the pants down around the ankles, and stationed it in the appropriate position behind the pig. it stayed up just long enough to make the news.

Hiddenjems

How is trump as President going to make you more money?

Asking for a friend.
I run a business that provides a service that isn’t necessary, it’s more of a luxury service. For me to excel I need customers with disposable income.

My sales were higher under trump than Biden, a lot of people are hurting now in this garbage economy.

Are you doing better now than you were 5 years ago?

Hiddenjems

I try and make as much money as I can. In fact I'm driven to make money. I think about money all the time. Having money is something I enjoy.

But while I want to make money I'm not willing to do it at the expense or detriment of anyone else.

trump basically steals money from people like you and I. His record of stiffing the little guy are legendary. That's why they despise him in New York. There is a reason he stays down in Florida. Most New Yorkers would rather spit in his face than give him the time of day. I have family living in Brooklyn and he's not welcome there or in most areas of the five boroughs with the exception of Staten Island.
They all steal money. All governments take money by coercion.

xtsho

I run a business that provides a service that isn’t necessary, it’s more of a luxury service. For me to excel I need customers with disposable income.

My sales were higher under trump than Biden, a lot of people are hurting now in this garbage economy.

I'm doing basically the same as in was five years ago. Prices on some things are higher but overall nothing has really changed.

Inflation is basically gone with it being at 3%. Corporations that are raking in record profits just aren't lowering prices despite their costs to produce goods going down. It's not politics. It's greed. It wouldn't matter who was President. These corporations are going to squeeze every penny they can out of people no matter who's in charge.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I'm doing basically the same as in was five years ago. Prices on some things are higher but overall nothing has really changed.

Inflation is basically gone with it being at 3%. Corporations that are raking in record profits just aren't lowering prices despite their costs to produce goods going down. It's not politics. It's greed. It wouldn't matter who was President. These corporations are going to squeeze every penny they can out of people no matter who's in charge.
and lets not get into the shrinkflation where we are paying more for less
we all feel the bite when we check out at the grocery store or fill up our tank

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

They all steal money. All governments take money by coercion.
but its a service someone is willing to pay $$ for and if they have the money to spend to make them happy, then more power to them and more money in your pocket, also do employ others? im sure you do in some way

WIN/WIN/WIN

there is this saying a rising tide floats all boats: when im making money and you are making money everyone makes more money
this is what made america great

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nvidia to become the world's largest semiconductor firm in 2023, according to TSMC chairman.​

As for Nvidia's rivals, the company made more revenue than Intel, Samsung, and even TSMC, the company that produces the vast majority of Nvidia's chips. Nvidia also beat them all in profit, especially Intel, which lost $8 million, and Samsung, which saw $2.86 billion wiped out due to factors like the NAND flash crisis. That's presumably why Liu believes Nvidia will be the largest of its peers by the end of the year.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

Nvidia to become the world's largest semiconductor firm in 2023, according to TSMC chairman.​

As for Nvidia's rivals, the company made more revenue than Intel, Samsung, and even TSMC, the company that produces the vast majority of Nvidia's chips. Nvidia also beat them all in profit, especially Intel, which lost $8 million, and Samsung, which saw $2.86 billion wiped out due to factors like the NAND flash crisis. That's presumably why Liu believes Nvidia will be the largest of its peers by the end of the year.
i actually leaned heavily into amd a few years ago, but it might be time to spread some of that money around

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it requires more than just a persons desire. It requires the complicity of others in power, like I said.
I thought you said "They need open support from the military and a decent chunk of the population." ; whereas I think all they need is a majority of congress and senate.

Latest posts

Latest posts