What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

So Hai

part of dwight david eisenhower's farewell address january 17, 1961
4FF9B512-83F7-4142-8327-2EDF84825A28.jpeg

RobFromTX

why arent these people coming in through the legal channels?

Most of them do and most of them are good folks. And once they spend a year or two in america....and see just how insanely expensive it is to survive here.....they haul ass back to where they came from

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Most of them do and most of them are good folks. And once they spend a year or two in america....and see just how insanely expensive it is to survive here.....they haul ass back to where they came from
but a lot of them dont, hence the border crisis
growing up in socal this is nothing new and we have had to deal with illegal immigration for decades
like you said, most are just hard working people who just want a chance at a better life
but the border is there for a reason and it seems now its not just mx/s.am folks coming across illegally, its people from all over the world
/the real winners here are the coyotes and cartels who trafic these people through mexico

Last edited:

RobFromTX

I know this is not a country I'd come to if i was trying to escape poverty. And without a work visa...which they can only get through legal channels...employers can pay them shit wages for jobs you and I would never do.

Now im not saying immigration isnt a big problem but we do need immigration because this has become a lazy spoiled country. It aint the hipsters picking fruit or working construction jobs. They freckle :ROFLMAO:

Cannavore

Veteran
i'm sure creating narco states in south america that terrorize and kill the local population on behalf of the CIA drug trade, overthrowing democratically elected governments for banana companies, and colonialism in general has no effect whatsoever on why people from the "third world" are coming to the countries that exploited them.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm sure creating narco states in south america that terrorize and kill the local population on behalf of the CIA drug trade, overthrowing democratically elected governments for banana companies, and colonialism in general has no effect whatsoever on why people from the "third world" are coming to the countries that exploited them.
come on, we haven't overthrown a country in..... well its been months...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I know this is not a country I'd come to if i was trying to escape poverty. And without a work visa...which they can only get through legal channels...employers can pay them shit wages for jobs you and I would never do.

Now im not saying immigration isnt a big problem but we do need immigration because this has become a lazy spoiled country. It aint the hipsters picking fruit or working construction jobs. They freckle :ROFLMAO:
for a lot of immigrants the worst day of your life would seem like heaven
thats why the are willing to put up with the s', its better than what they had back home

EastCoastGambit

I do feel bad for those in South America and we did have a bad history of destabilizing and exploiting those countries. Even worse is your average taxpaying citizen has no awareness of what has and continues to happen.

A better solution in my opinion would be to do whatever we can diplomatically to advocate for better living conditions in the countries that these desperate people are fleeing from. But I agree, we cannot really afford to just let hundreds of thousands of migrants to just cross over at will. States do not have the resources to support that surge and there is the threat of unsavory and dangerous individuals and groups entering at will.

Like many problems I view this as one that should have been better addressed decades ago and has now spiraled out of control.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yup. I went the opposite way to live affordably and as it turns out with a new family. (of course Shiva thinks I'm an agent of destruction).

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do feel bad for those in South America and we did have a bad history of destabilizing and exploiting those countries. Even worse is your average taxpaying citizen has no awareness of what has and continues to happen.

A better solution in my opinion would be to do whatever we can diplomatically to advocate for better living conditions in the countries that these desperate people are fleeing from. But I agree, we cannot really afford to just let hundreds of thousands of migrants to just cross over at will. States do not have the resources to support that surge and there is the threat of unsavory and dangerous individuals and groups entering at will.

Like many problems I view this as one that should have been better addressed decades ago and has now spiraled out of control.
Should have been addressed when the Mayflower landed...out of control is right.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Yup. I went the opposite way to live affordably and as it turns out with a new family. (of course Shiva thinks I'm an agent of destruction).
you seem like a subversive! and i have my eyes on you
/im watching you

🫔🫔🫔

three of four tamales!

So Hai

You have a system where you go and elect the representatives who do not serve your interests but instead that of the chosen people,

The migration that has you concerned is a symptom of this, one of many that are organized by those who are also starting the wars.

Latest posts

Latest posts