What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm an Atheist but was raised very religious. I respect the beliefs of those that do worship but I don't myself.

What's sad about so many Christians today is that they go to church on Sunday then sin on Monday. Many don't even understand the religion their practicing. If they did they wouldn't be so dismissive of the poor. According to scripture, Jesus would give freely to the poor anything he had and would tell others to do the same. He didn't put requirements on charity. He gave everything he could even if it was his last piece of bread.

Interesting story, I was traveling with a Mormon for work about twenty years ago. We were at a stoplight and there was a man panhandling. He promptly took out his wallet and gave the guy 4-5 dollars. I said what are you doing? His reply was "I have all that I need but he has nothing." Those words stick with me to this day. Mormons are expected to give to charity. It's called "Tithing."

I make significant donations to charities that provide food for those in need. Around the holidays they'll have bags of food you can buy for around $25 at the grocery store that will provide a family of four a holiday dinner. It's all priced at cost or less and will include a turkey or ham, potatoes, vegetables, bread, and everything needed for a struggling family to at least have one really good meal. I always buy several every year.

Back to the main topic of your post. I do not believe that Jesus existed. But from the time period when he was supposed to have lived there is absolutely no way based on geographical location and ethnicities of the people that inhabited that region he would have blonde hair and blue eyes. That's why I'm an Atheist. Religion isn't about facts, it's about beliefs. People can believe whatever they want but that doesn't make it true.

I've read the bible in it's entirety although it's been 4 decades and I have forgotten more than I remember. What I do remember is that the teachings of the Bible have nothing to do with White Christian Nationalists or donald trump. These people compare him to Jesus. It's disgraceful.
Right - look at Haile Selassie

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Democrats are caving- republicans are uniting - and some kind of totalitarianism is in the cards.

Biden's ego will be to blame as the old senile man wont bow out. Not sure who they have that would fair too much better?

Perhaps the left should make an honest attempt to not be completely tone deaf to the struggles of rural America and the working class for a change? They also should acknowledge their own spending problem and make changes to better manage how government funds are allocated.

Many of the things "the right" are concerned about are valid. Border security and national debt being the top two.

Hard to agree with them on their culture war views though, rolling back rights for disenfranchised groups and targeting people who don't share your religious values is un-american.

american is more than just the coasts or big cities
but both parties are more worried about pandering to their donors than the rest of america
/you know, the rest of us

armedoldhippy

Veteran
american is more than just the coasts or big cities
but both parties are more worried about pandering to their donors than the rest of america
/you know, the rest of us
:bow: gotta keep those billionaires happy or you'll be primaried/beated by someone who has knelt before royalty and understands how money works...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
to better manage how government funds are allocated.
no magic bullet there. the liberal left feels it has permission to spend on the poor/environment etc because if they didn't, the right would blow all the $$$ on battleships, updated nuclear weapons, tax breaks for billionaires etc. JMHO "gotta get it before it's gone"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
:bow: gotta keep those billionaires happy or you'll be primaried/beated by someone who has knelt before royalty and understands how money works...
it sad, a lot of americans are being marginalized on all sides
but those are poor people problems

Attachments

• evil-laugh-del-griffith.gif
    evil-laugh-del-griffith.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
no magic bullet there. the liberal left feels it has permission to spend on the poor/environment etc because if they didn't, the right would blow all the $$$ on battleships, updated nuclear weapons, tax breaks for billionaires etc. JMHO "gotta get it before it's gone"
you are right and its both side playing us my friend

i actually support the military spending (its like saying defund the police), who will keep the peace?
a us carrier group, (its not just battle ship) has more power of force than half the nations in the world
but lets take that off the table and see how thing goes, if the us dident wield a big stick who do you think would fill that vacuum in the world?

Last edited:

xtsho

Priest said it decades ago.

You can look to the left and look to the right
But you will live in danger tonite
When the enemy comes he will never be heard
He'll blow your mind and not say a word

The power-mad freaks who are
Ruling the earth
Will show little they think you're worth
With animal lust they'll devour your life
And slice your word to bits like a knife

So Hai

how can you trust this photo @So Hai? it was taken by a western news outlet! and you never did respond to my question about how you love jesus and hate jews, simultaneously?

you have a habit of avoiding answering tough questions.
Its not a tough question, you just open the book and read what he said about them and then lift your eyes to Gaza, and read it again.

As for the photo,
I just go with my feelings knowing how it hurts to have damaged the ear. It hurts, and you can’t sleep right with your ear like that.

moose eater

you are right and its both side playing us my friend

i actually support the military spending (its like saying defund the police), who will keep the peace?
a us carrier group, (its not just battle ship) has more power of force than half the nations in the world
but lets take that off the table and see how thing goes, if the us dident wield a big stick who do you think would fill that vacuum in the world?
Then there's the reality of gouging and kickbacks in the DoD contracting realm. Their goal is not your safety and security.

And many of us believe that $165 for an .89 cent bolt, or thousands of dollars per load of laundry in the Green Zone, due to there being 20 contractors lined up to pass the paperwork about the actual clothing from one hand/contractor to another, taking their cuts each time, before the actual folks DOING the laundry get it done, and that this form of theft OUGHT to be criminal.

But they certainly profit in outrageous ways from the gullible taxpayers, and especially those corporatist elitists who benefit from the people who go all twitterpated as soon as they see a Chinese-made US flag lapel pin.

Never mind simply not knowing were their $Trillions in funding went to.

Last edited:

greyfader

Its not a tough question, you just open the book and read what he said about them and then lift your eyes to Gaza, and read it again.

As for the photo,
I just go with my feelings knowing how it hurts to have damaged the ear. It hurts, and you can’t sleep right with your ear like that.
can you direct me to the relevant passages in the book that you speak of?

and he got cut with glass. i'm sure it hurts a little. but, it's just a little boo-boo compared to what a 5.56 round would have done to his ear.

as an american i'm glad that trump survived the attempt even though i despise his politics.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
This 100% ☝️
yes !
and he got cut with glass. i'm sure it hurts a little. but, it's just a little boo-boo compared to what a 5.56 round would have done to his ear.

as an american i'm glad that trump survived the attempt even though i despise his politics.
yup. last thing the nation needs is a MAGA martyr. his being in jail where he belongs will still endear him to some folks, but not enrage them to the point of physical violence en masse like watching him killed live on tv might ... JMHO

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Then there's the reality of gouging and kickbacks in the DoD contracting realm. Their goal is not your safety and security.

And many of us believe that $165 for an .89 cent bolt, or thousands of dollars per load of laundry in the Green Zone, due to there being 20 contractors lined up to pass the paperwork about the actual clothing from one hand/contractor to another, taking their cuts each time, before the actual folks DOING the laundry get it done, and that this form of theft OUGHT to be criminal.

But they certainly profit in outrageous ways from the gullible taxpayers, and especially those corporatist elitists who benefit from the people who go all twitterpated as soon as they see a Chinese-made US flag lapel pin.

Never mind simply not knowing were their $Trillions in funding went to.

i agree and think public spending needs to be cut at all levels
from do nothing city workers to the mooches on public assistance* america needs to tighten its belt and put that money back into its people
schools, infrastructure and public safety should be top of the list

*not all people on public assistance are mooches but there are a few out there

Latest posts

Latest posts