What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

Cannavore

Veteran
the nations homeless problem IS getting worse, but it was way worse than we knew to start with. it is going to continue to get worse regardless of who is in the White House or in control of congress. our economy is changing (obviously) and many who hold jobs now may be the last generation to have physical labor work. we are (rapidly) turning into primarily information management as employment, and a vast cohort of citizens are not capable of doing this kind of work, sorry...:shucks: "attention! all buggy whip braiders need to come by the personnel office on their way out of the plant at the end of their shift." :yoinks:
Good thing the western world has done pilot programs on the homeless that show if you give the homeless a place to live and some money like a UBI, 90% of them turn their lives around and back on track. This is also cheaper than the current system that offers nowhere near the same return on investment.

Homelessness is a policy choice by the government.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thing the western world has done pilot programs on the homeless that show if you give the homeless a place to live and some money like a UBI, 90% of them turn their lives around and back on track. This is also cheaper than the current system that offers nowhere near the same return on investment.

You're right. You should support local politicians who agree with you and work to fix it locally. But you're too cool to vote so I guess that won't happen.

shiva82

Strangely the economy shows a different story, hell the homelessness has gotten really bad. 5 years ago you didn't have hardly any homeless in NH now they have tent cities popping up and people begging for change. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better since I left. The cost of living has gotten so high you can barely afford food and rent even at $20 an hour let alone a car payment on top of that.

Thankfully I did a little better and bought a house for cheap in a legal state cash, cause fuck the banks with their high interest rates (thanks Biden!! lol). Thankfully I know how to do my own electrical and I'm a pretty good carpenter, plumbing sucks but I can do that too.

Really the trouble is really going to start if they give all these migrants the rights to work, that's over 7 million I here, supposedly more migrants are coming in than Americans born. Definitely not going to be enough jobs, especially we let them work they're going to flood the border worse than they already are.
the illegal invaders will be happy to do more work for less and have no connection to your nation

shiva82

Strangely the economy shows a different story, hell the homelessness has gotten really bad. 5 years ago you didn't have hardly any homeless in NH now they have tent cities popping up and people begging for change. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better since I left. The cost of living has gotten so high you can barely afford food and rent even at $20 an hour let alone a car payment on top of that.

Thankfully I did a little better and bought a house for cheap in a legal state cash, cause fuck the banks with their high interest rates (thanks Biden!! lol). Thankfully I know how to do my own electrical and I'm a pretty good carpenter, plumbing sucks but I can do that too.

Really the trouble is really going to start if they give all these migrants the rights to work, that's over 7 million I here, supposedly more migrants are coming in than Americans born. Definitely not going to be enough jobs, especially we let them work they're going to flood the border worse than they already are.
the illegal invaders will be happy to do more work for less and have no connection to your nation

Cannavore

Veteran
You're right. You should support local politician's who agree with you and work to fix it locally. But you're too cool to vote so I guess that won't happen.
cool so im supposed to just wait years for an objectively correct policy change that isn't supported by either party to just magically happen.

NY Dems are cutting education and other social services for more cops lol they could easily do something about the homeless but the real answer is they don't give a shit about them nor will they arrest any because there's no money involved in arresting the homeless. I know plenty of NYPD and FDNY, and the amount of them that think we should just kill the homeless to "solve the problem" is ridiculous.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

Yeah, they'll work there assess off for next to nothing for the next 3+ years waiting for Democrats to finally give them a free ride home where they sent all the money they made. Going to be a lot more homeless in America soon enough if Biden wins the election. Should be fun, at least I won't be homeless and the outrageous food prices are just making me loose weight. Lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran
many (not a majority) are homeless by choice. many are mentally disturbed and cannot function in society. lots cannot get/keep jobs because of criminal records. i'd hazard a guess that quite a few are D-all of the above. just what policy choice would you suggest that would solve these problems ? i'm open to persuasion...

CaptainDankness

many (not a majority) are homeless by choice. many are mentally disturbed and cannot function in society. lots cannot get/keep jobs because of criminal records. i'd hazard a guess that quite a few are D-all of the above. just what policy choice would you suggest that would solve these problems ? i'm open to persuasion...
Many of them you wouldn't really think are homeless, they aren't all a bunch of junkies, alcoholics and crazies, majority in the camps sure, lots of them live in a car and shower at a gym many even have jobs.

With rent and food prices as high as they are, most people if they miss 2 weeks pay they're going to be on the streets. The struggle is real.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Many of them you wouldn't really think are homeless, they aren't all a bunch of junkies, alcoholics and crazies, majority in the camps sure, lots of them live in a car and shower at a gym many even have jobs.

With rent and food prices as high as they are, most people if they miss 2 weeks pay they're going to be on the streets. The struggle is real.

And the migrants have many benefits that you have not had any concerns over.

Cannavore

Veteran
many (not a majority) are homeless by choice. many are mentally disturbed and cannot function in society.
so then it's not by choice

lots cannot get/keep jobs because of criminal records.
not their choice

i'd hazard a guess that quite a few are D-all of the above. just what policy choice would you suggest that would solve these problems ? i'm open to persuasion...
give them treatment, a place to live, and money. like i said, pilot programs in the US and outside of the US show a vast majority turn their lives around when given these things. getting a 90% ROI while getting people off the streets, not cluttering up ER's, etc is a solid policy choice.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i just had an illegal invader fix my kitchen floor in a single day for $1k on the dot while my relative who's in the business would have charged 3x that and would have taken a week to complete. awesome stuff, i love being invaded.
did they volunteer the info that they were "illegal" or did you just "know it" ? you are paying "invaders" ?

Latest posts

Latest posts