What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At first I was thinking I wanted some of what that guy was smoking. Then I came to my senses.

Trump got a bit more than 50% of the Republican base, and Biden won when he wasn't even on the ballot.

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

At first I was thinking I wanted some of what that guy was smoking. Then I came to my senses.

Trump got a bit more than 50% of the Republican base, and Biden won when he wasn't even on the ballot.
More than that, most people voting for Hailey were Democrats that don't want Trump to win the primary cause Biden can't beat Trump this time.

Of course even if Hailey wins the primary some how, she's definitely going to be the first female president cause she'll have the female and Republican vote. Really a better chance of winning than Trump.

Of course Trump runs, libertarian he'll beat both of them and we'll finally have a third party in office. That would be sick. Lol

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i regret to inform Trichy that i will be dropping out of the conversation for a while. i know he will be heartbroken.

i'm moving into my new house today and won't have internet access for a while.

but, like Arnold said: "i'll be back!"
not giving one shit, i aint here for you, sorry, not sorry!
D_T6wdMXYAIM8yx.png

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

CaptainDankness

Strangely the economy shows a different story, hell the homelessness has gotten really bad. 5 years ago you didn't have hardly any homeless in NH now they have tent cities popping up and people begging for change. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better since I left. The cost of living has gotten so high you can barely afford food and rent even at $20 an hour let alone a car payment on top of that.

Thankfully I did a little better and bought a house for cheap in a legal state cash, cause fuck the banks with their high interest rates (thanks Biden!! lol). Thankfully I know how to do my own electrical and I'm a pretty good carpenter, plumbing sucks but I can do that too.

Really the trouble is really going to start if they give all these migrants the rights to work, that's over 7 million I here, supposedly more migrants are coming in than Americans born. Definitely not going to be enough jobs, especially we let them work they're going to flood the border worse than they already are.

Attachments

• RT.jpg
    RT.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 19

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the nations homeless problem IS getting worse, but it was way worse than we knew to start with. it is going to continue to get worse regardless of who is in the White House or in control of congress. our economy is changing (obviously) and many who hold jobs now may be the last generation to have physical labor work. we are (rapidly) turning into primarily information management as employment, and a vast cohort of citizens are not capable of doing this kind of work, sorry...:shucks: "attention! all buggy whip braiders need to come by the personnel office on their way out of the plant at the end of their shift." :yoinks:

CaptainDankness

the nations homeless problem IS getting worse, but it was way worse than we knew to start with. it is going to continue to get worse regardless of who is in the White House or in control of congress. our economy is changing (obviously) and many who hold jobs now may be the last generation to have physical labor work. we are (rapidly) turning into primarily information management as employment, and a vast cohort of citizens are not capable of doing this kind of work, sorry...:shucks: "attention! all buggy whip braiders need to come by the personnel office on their way out of the plant at the end of their shift." :yoinks:
Physical labor is going to stay, but fast food we already have robots doing some of the jobs, coding AI can do it, receptionist pretty much anything that requires a computer AI can do graphic designer gone. I'm sure they can have AI do coal mining, they can 3d print houses but there's going to be need for carpenters, plumbers and electricians for a long while, definitely going to be a long time before AI can take over the skilled trades. Doctors are going to get put out of the job but you'll need nurses.

But yeah, I can see a lot of jobs going away in the next 20 years. At least I'll be close to retirement by then. Lol