What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I guess shorty was wrong on his assertion of acclimatisation for landraces... Even for his suggestion on taking some back to their natural land...

I don't know who you're refering to about being wrong, I don't think that's me because I never talked of taking some back to their native land

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Selfed seeds are useless IMO - just a knockoff based on the breeder capitalizing on the genetics in seeds form rather than releasing the cut. Never seen an S1 of an unknown cut.

Ive been selling my Pre-98 Bubba S1s for 10+ years and they are well received and popular. That is obviously a known cut.. can't release the cut for sale because weed is illegal in the UK ! (seeds are not)

as for unknown cut, ive released Lemon Thai S1s from a plant i grew from seed. They sold out very quickly and the good plants people got means i have requests for more.

S1s do have limitations and rely on the P1's capability to breed true... but on the other side of the coin, an S1 that inherits the traits you desire from its parent is more likely to breed true for those traits than the P1.

Personally, if i was looking for a clone that i could not get hold of, i would regard S1s of the clone as the best place to start.

and to anyone who thinks certain genetics should be preserved in their 'pure' form... off you go.. find them, preserve them for yourself! . Don't expect others to do it for you.

VG :tiphat:

mudballs

I guess shorty was wrong on his assertion of acclimatisation for landraces... Even for his suggestion on taking some back to their natural land...

So far @Rinse is correct, @Infinitesimal is correct, and @Sam_Skunkman with "Epigenetic or Epigenome may be important if it effects inheritable traits that you are interested in, does it?"
Are correct...still reading

Latest posts

Latest posts