What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Because you can't grow all the plants you want if they can't support the climate you live in, I couldn't grow grow unworked thai seeds outdoor where I live, they couldn't go to the finish line, they'd need a few years to select the one able to thrive in a different climate that their native one.
And what not knowing the name of swales has anything to do in this matter? i don't understand the corelation. I knew those stuff under the name half moon ,that's how they're called in the video I've seen.

mudballs

"Your clone grown in the same garden along the year is not changing of environment and more important a clone has already his genes set"
I'm gonna let you hear from me...reveggeta is right, you are wrong...plants can change rapidly...in a few generations.

kro-magnon

Veteran
"Your clone grown in the same garden along the year is not changing of environment and more important a clone has already his genes set"
I'm gonna let you hear from me...reveggeta is right, you are wrong...plants can change rapidly...in a few generations.
You still need those few generations to have them growing in a new environment and i wanted to make a difference between a clone and a seed, maybe it was not said correctly but you can't compare how a clone react compared to a seeds germed in different conditions.

mudballs

"Same thing when you harvest the same clone outdoors in spring, summer, autumn or winter. Completely different environmental conditions. Plant morphology will change, resin coverage will change, calyx to leaf ratio will change. Effect will stay the same."
no, a single seasonal epigentic transformation will pass immediately to the next gen...yes?

eastcoastjoe

"Same thing when you harvest the same clone outdoors in spring, summer, autumn or winter. Completely different environmental conditions. Plant morphology will change, resin coverage will change, calyx to leaf ratio will change. Effect will stay the same."
no, a single seasonal epigentic transformation will pass immediately to the next gen...yes?

Next your gonna tell us genetic drift in clones is real yeah ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
You're going in a different direction than the original, he said acclimation is bullshit, I don't agree with this.

mudballs

Because you want to learn kro-mag i try to be softer...you have some more to learn before you start calling peoples posts ridiculous or "biggest absurdity I've seen in long time."
for a reason i do that, i need you to look at it from a different perspective, he said it's bullshit that it takes years..one plant changes, then it has to propagate through all the other fems until finally all plants in population now carry transformation...yes?

eastcoastjoe

Because you want to learn kro-mag i try to be softer...you have some more to learn before you start calling peoples posts ridiculous or "biggest absurdity I've seen in long time."
for a reason i do that, i need you to look at it from a different perspective, he said it's bullshit that it takes years..one plant changes, then it has to propagate through all the other fems until finally all plants in population now carry transformation...yes?

First they were talking about a clone , singular cultivar. Now your talking about seed populations. Which one is it ? Your taking this way out of context

mudballs

Acclimating isn't cultivation...if i pick the fastest male again and again and again...i will speed up that thai...natural selection doesn't do that

eastcoastjoe

Acclimating isn't cultivation...if i pick the fastest male again and again and again...i will speed up that thai...natural selection doesn't do that

And that has nothing to do with what he was talking about. Your talking about selecting different plants. He was talking about genetic changes in a single cultivar. You are a troll of epic proportions

kro-magnon

Veteran
You can't predict how long it will take for this plant to appear, it can take years. specially if you grow outdoor with one repro by year. if it's faster good for you but saying you can have have the same results without acclimation is absurd. I won't get high with moldy buds from a landrace just imported in my garden;

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Been waiting to burn ur ass donald...
wow really , should i be concerned ??

as far as i know ive barely ever interacted with you ....

maybe i can take the focus off kro magnum for you i guess ,
since u seem keen to pick on him , despite it being quite obvious he is not a native english speaker ,
so somethings may be lost in translation ,
one has to take these things into account on these international forums ,

however id be agreeing with that he has said in the last few pages over what you have been ..

eastcoastjoe

I don't think that's being said by anyone and you just want to see that in his posts...try again for me and try to read his post with what I've covered in mind

Not sure if your talking to me or not because you won’t tag me but have no problem saying my name in slick comments. But here we go, let’s start over.

Let me be doubtful, you can't take a plant from her native climate and expect the same results in a different one even with years of acclimation.
it is the basic of biology:
-phenotype= genetic + climate, changing the climate change the phenotype expression.

That’s the original comment and it’s a fact.

Genotype x Environment = Phenotyoe

Latest posts

Latest posts