What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

PetePrice

Some of you have absolutely nothing of value to add. All you want to do is make petty attacks and say silly things that have no meaning and make no sense.

Do you even understand what a gene pool is? First off it's two words, gene and pool. And hybrids are a combination of different genes from the varieties used to breed them. For instance, ut you're favorite Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze strain may have a lineage that traces back to Afghani, Mexican, and Chinese landraces. It contains those genes. There isn't a Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze gene.

As I've stated already. The strains I'm growing are already in the gene pool so tossing bags of Malawi, Afghani, Kerala, etc... to a bunch of cannabis growers is not going to increase the genetic diversity already in todays hybridized cannabis scene.
I don't know how you've took that as a dig? You've stated modern hybrids IYHO are shit! So me saying you preserving lines is good is not a dig is it? Now you could improve those lines and the pool but you don't want to! Again fine. But you've been in the thread poncifcating about how shit modern cultivars are but offering no solution other than you preserve what you have. So why does it bother you?

JetLife175

Veteran
That’s a older list. A few of them weren’t even around 10 years ago but ok lol. Point was, the chems, OG’s, sours, where did the community have access to those in 2010 like your saying ? They didn’t. That’s why seeds sold the way they did and where all the S1’s came from 🤷🏻‍♂️

No moving goal posts. I answered you. Read it again 👍🏼
Everyone kinda had access to sours and OGs in 2010. They moved around in alot of different circles. All the clones that swerve was using in his crosses were readily available save for the chems. It took Colorado get settled to get the chems out to the public.

When I first came online, in 2010 without even knowing anyone I had multiple OG cuts, three different sours....within like a year of being online. I dunno man. You are really coming at this whole thing with a narrow perspective.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240814_203106.jpg

:biggrin:

eastcoastjoe

Everyone kinda had access to sours and OGs in 2010. They moved around in alot of different circles. All the clones that swerve was using in his crosses were readily available save for the chems. It took Colorado get settled to get the chems out to the public.

When I first came online, in 2010 without even knowing anyone I had multiple OG cuts, three different sours....within like a year of being online. I dunno man. You are really coming at this whole thing with a narrow perspective.

I was on many forums back then. Even here under a different name. Those cuts weren’t passed freely to everyone. Was actually the opposite.
Why would sour IBL be so popular if the cut was a available to everyone ? Same thing with Chem IBL, Stardawg

I was on many forums back then. Even here under a different name. Those cuts weren’t passed freely to everyone. Was actually the opposite.
Why would sour IBL be so popular if the cut was a available to everyone ? Same thing with Chem IBL, Stardawg
Apparently you were not in the know....lol......must of been a bad little.girl.....either that or you came.off as.a.pompous ass like.you still.do.and no one in any circle cared to do.shit for.you...that sounds like it maybe the truth

PetePrice

Of course it's eroded. That's what happens when people just keep breeding back and forth from the same pool of hybrids. Who's said anything different?
No that's not why it's eroded. A single outcross solves that, like you could do with your lines presuming they are of worth..

JetLife175

Veteran
Why would sour IBL be so popular if the cut was an available to everyone ? Same thing with Chem IBL, Stardawg
I'll bite on that and will agree it wasn't WIDELY available. You're right.

A lot of people were scared of clones back then. I think the legal climate also made things a little less accessible. There are still some lines that are held back from the masses somehow some way. A lot of the rare old ones that us old folks love wouldn't even be appealing NG in todays market and I don't understand why.

Apparently the people close to the story wether either. Craigslist my ass 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Oh Shit he spoke.....must be treated like the word of GOD !!!!
HAHAHAHA your a nobody tool just like all the rest of us dude!!!! Lol the almighty grower of all.growers has the knowledge let us bow down to the GOD known as eastcoastjoe!!!!! He is the only true grower with all.the right and correct knowledge.......dude like you know what the fuck any of us were doing back in the day get real your a tool.and nothing else

mudballs

I save strains I have over 100 strains most are 20 to 30 years old saved in my fridg the whole time, I make f2s I never mix strains.
Any chance you got Jaws Arcata Trainwreck seeds? ...he said it's gone for good last i spoke to him

eastcoastjoe

I'll bite on that and will agree it wasn't WIDELY available. You're right.

A lot of people were scared of clones back then. I think the legal climate also made things a little less accessible. There are still some lines that are held back from the masses somehow some way. A lot of the rare old ones that us old folks love wouldn't even be appealing NG in todays market and I don't understand why.

I agree. seemed like the farm bill changed everything in 2018 for shipping clones. I only really brought that up as a response to what Rasputin was saying.

Latest posts

Latest posts