What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

xtsho

I found this to be an interesting article. Maybe others will as well if they haven't read it. I pasted a few snippets I think are relavent to this conversation.

Cannabis Landraces: Past, Present and Future?​

As the industry advances commercial cannabis production, some landrace varieties are in danger of becoming extinct.
Mojave Richmond & Robert C. Clarke

"Through the movements of humans and the exchange of seeds, the genomes of landrace populations came to contain a plethora of potentially favorable traits. As early Western sinsemilla farmers/breeders procured seeds of landrace varieties from around the world-most often contained within illicit marijuana flowers smuggled from such far-flung places as Afghanistan, Thailand, Colombia, Jamaica and Mexico-they selected the most favorable traits from the populations they grew, and thereby exerted new evolutionary pressures. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, some sinsemilla breeders across North America were essentially creating their own “landraces” adapted to local outdoor conditions. "

"In today’s global market, “clone-only” sinsemilla varieties carpet the world, thereby spreading a lack of genetic diversity while engendering a myriad of potential agricultural problems in terms of susceptibility to disease and intolerance to imposed environmental stresses."

"The interconnectivity of our global world coupled with the mass dispersal of limited gene pools have clearly decimated the localized combinations of genetic diversity once present in the global Cannabis landrace gene pool. "

Another one that is trying to spin my words. So in 2010, all the Chem cuts were available to anyone who wanted them? Come on man get real. At that time you could not even buy one. Back then you had to stay up late to hopefully get a pack of stardawg when JJ dropped. Wasn’t any Chem cuts available to the general public. Get the fuck out of here.
Yes you moron anyone they were all o wr the place around her ....really??? You could get on Craigslist and find them , even dispensaries had clone.stock, including Dark Heart......you fucking delusional buddy, don't care who you think you are , but around.here alot was.available, and a bunch of fake.shit too......dude you apparently live a.very sheltered life or to.stupid to find what you needed....probably both .....and please dont rltry to tell me what was and wasnt.around here back in those.days , I was here

Another one that is trying to spin my words. So in 2010, all the Chem cuts were available to anyone who wanted them? Come on man get real. At that time you could not even buy one. Back then you had to stay up late to hopefully get a pack of stardawg when JJ dropped. Wasn’t any Chem cuts available to the general public. Get the fuck out

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
View attachment 19048064 This is a part of my land.
We live in a agricultural region which produces cattle,sheep,wheat and taters commercially.

I think I grasp what it takes to work a plot of land and all it entails.
The people doing the most talking in this thread know the least about the subject at hand.
The same guys crying no one shares with them..........weird how that works.
😆
I laugh at you cuz you're funny to me you sound like children snug in the warm embrace of ignorance.
😁
Looks & sounds like ID or MT, or across the border into Canada - pretty photo

eastcoastjoe

Oh okay mister.....I forgot you know.it all , it was called chem.91 in these parts back in the day so go.fuck.yourself dude or should I say butt hurt little.bitch, stupid.mother.fucker

Ask some people that were around back then that seen it grown out. You don’t have to believe me, but it is what it is. The clubs were putting out fakes 🤷🏻‍♂️

PetePrice

I found this to be an interesting article. Maybe others will as well if they haven't read it. I pasted a few snippets I think are relavent to this conversation.

Cannabis Landraces: Past, Present and Future?​

As the industry advances commercial cannabis production, some landrace varieties are in danger of becoming extinct.
Mojave Richmond & Robert C. Clarke

"Through the movements of humans and the exchange of seeds, the genomes of landrace populations came to contain a plethora of potentially favorable traits. As early Western sinsemilla farmers/breeders procured seeds of landrace varieties from around the world-most often contained within illicit marijuana flowers smuggled from such far-flung places as Afghanistan, Thailand, Colombia, Jamaica and Mexico-they selected the most favorable traits from the populations they grew, and thereby exerted new evolutionary pressures. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, some sinsemilla breeders across North America were essentially creating their own “landraces” adapted to local outdoor conditions. "

"In today’s global market, “clone-only” sinsemilla varieties carpet the world, thereby spreading a lack of genetic diversity while engendering a myriad of potential agricultural problems in terms of susceptibility to disease and intolerance to imposed environmental stresses."

"The interconnectivity of our global world coupled with the mass dispersal of limited gene pools have clearly decimated the localized combinations of genetic diversity once present in the global Cannabis landrace gene pool. "

At least he admits the landrace pool is eroded. Some here can't even admit that.

"Through the movements of humans and the exchange of seeds, the genomes of landrace populations came to contain a plethora of potentially favorable traits. As early Western sinsemilla farmers/breeders procured seeds of landrace varieties from around the world-most often contained within illicit marijuana flowers smuggled from such far-flung places as Afghanistan, Thailand, Colombia, Jamaica and Mexico-they selected the most favorable traits from the populations they grew, and thereby exerted new evolutionary pressures. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, some sinsemilla breeders across North America were essentially creating their own “landraces” adapted to local outdoor conditions. It is largely from these basic building blocks that the multi-hybrid seeds and clone-only varieties of today were built"

And that's how this current pool is were it is.

Last edited:

xtsho

Ok so you don't care about the genepool but are just here in this thread commenting on it? I couldn't care less what you do with regard to your seed lots etc but I do wonder why you are here in this thread giving your 2cents about something you don't care for? I feel it's noble to preserve and glad you share those seeds with others.

Some of you have absolutely nothing of value to add. All you want to do is make petty attacks and say silly things that have no meaning and make no sense.

Do you even understand what a gene pool is? First off it's two words, gene and pool. And hybrids are a combination of different genes from the varieties used to breed them. For instance, you're favorite Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze strain may have a lineage that traces back to Afghani, Mexican, and Chinese landraces. It contains those genes. There isn't a Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze gene.

As I've stated already. The strains I'm growing are already in the gene pool so tossing bags of Malawi, Afghani, Kerala, etc... to a bunch of cannabis growers is not going to increase the genetic diversity already in todays hybridized cannabis scene.

PetePrice

Some of you have absolutely nothing of value to add. All you want to do is make petty attacks and say silly things that have no meaning and make no sense.

Do you even understand what a gene pool is? First off it's two words, gene and pool. And hybrids are a combination of different genes from the varieties used to breed them. For instance, you're favorite Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze strain may have a lineage that traces back to Afghani, Mexican, and Chinese landraces. It contains those genes. There isn't a Pineapple Cookie Crunch Vanilla Haze gene.

As I've stated already. The strains I'm growing are already in the gene pool so tossing bags of Malawi, Afghani, Kerala, etc... to a bunch of cannabis growers is not going to increase the genetic diversity already in todays hybridized cannabis scene.
If you've made improvements then yes they would improve the pool

Your rants are getting far away from my original words but ok I’ll play , Let’s see your pictures then ?
Sorry but I delete every grow.when done , growing cannabis is stillillegal.in the feds eyes.and sorry but in my ban town you don't take chances same way it has been before prop.215 you idiot, like im.going to.incriminate myself with years and years.of grows and pics, wow you really are an idiot.....only pics.i ever display are current andni don't play numbers anymore.i just dont like.gambling with my family's life's at this time.do as.you need for.your saty out of my business though

eastcoastjoe

Yep but it always takes little kids forever to figure out anything, always on their phones reading jibberish instead of actually physically doing something

So, when Joe brand and people l close to the story that we’re right here on this forum, could not even get the legit cut, you mean to tell me all they had to do was look on craigslist?

eastcoastjoe

Sorry but I delete every grow.when done , growing cannabis is stillillegal.in the feds eyes.and sorry but in my ban town you don't take chances same way it has been before prop.215 you idiot, like im.going to.incriminate myself with years and years.of grows and pics, wow you really are an idiot.....only pics.i ever display are current andni don't play numbers anymore.i just like.gambling with my family's life's at this time.do as.you need for.your saty out of my business though

It’s all good. I believe you

Latest posts

Latest posts