What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

Cannavore

Veteran
I think the opposite, clone market is going to lose a big share to the seed game as so many diseases in clones these days that many are sticking to there own clones and or new clones they find from seeds.
hard to beat a selected cut or elite for $15 a snip lol. if im considering a personal grower i'm buying a cut of something someone already selected or an "elite" for $15 a snip rather than some random seeds for $150 lol

if you trade with dirty people expect dirty results.

goingrey

hard to beat a selected cut or elite for $15 a snip lol. if im considering a personal grower i'm buying a cut of something someone already selected or an "elite" for $15 a snip rather than some random seeds for $150 lol

Just remember the quarantine

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't we start with ditch weed. Shit was garbage until peeps learned and started applying the knowledge
Generally yes but of course there was the special phenos even in those and thats how our scene has evolved to what's it is today , by x those with other strains to try and lock in that gold

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yes i agree but today's industry is full of diseases and pest that get worse and worse every year so i see alot of people switching to seeds these days.

You never got a cut with spidermite , mildew , virus etc , man you a lucky guy then , can mess up your whole spot , lose everything, even have to fully shut down and move if its that bad. ( broadmite/russet mite to name a few )

And honestly if you buy quality seeds you should find somethings really special in a pack , elites get hyped way to much, im not saying they are not special or wouldn't have some hype but you buy seeds from a good reputable seed maker and guaranteed a winner per pack.

I pull winners from my packs as good as best i ever seen and nothings special ive done , im just using special clones or phenos to make the seeds so work mostly done already

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
Yes i agree but today's industry is full of diseases and pest that get worse and worse every year so i see alot of people switching to seeds these days.
the US is inundated with cheap elites that people test. they're more common than ever before. if you trade or deal with dirty fucks you're gonna get dirty results lol. i havent had a problem in a long time.
You never got a cut with spidermite , mildew , virus etc , man you a lucky guy then , can mess up your whole spot , lose everything, even have to fully shit down and move if its that bad. ( broadmite/russet mite to name a few )
of course i have. i just dont accept cuts from dirty fucks who cant grow a green plant to save their life lol
And honestly if you buy quality seeds you should find somethings really special in a pack , elites get hyped way to much, im not saying they are not special or wouldn't have some hype but you buy seeds from a good reputable seed maker and guaranteed a winner per pack.

I pull winners from my packs as good as best i ever seen and nothings special ive done , im just using special clones or phenos to make the seeds so work mostly done already
yeah i mean im playing devils advocate. i love popping seeds. but i can easily see much of the recreational market & normans going the way of pre-selected clones because of how easy it is.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the US is inundated with cheap elites that people test. they're more common than ever before. if you trade or deal with dirty fucks you're gonna get dirty results lol. i havent had a problem in a long time.

of course i have. i just dont accept cuts from dirty fucks who cant grow a green plant to save their life lol

yeah i mean im playing devils advocate. i love popping seeds. but i can easily see much of the recreational market & normans going the way of pre-selected clones because of how easy it is.
Of course thats the way of the mass market these days , but its the OG's who are going back to seeds not the new generation, they not been burnt like that yet.
And the elite clones are getting so similar its to boring for me , i need new flavours and Highs , thats why i even started making seeds decades ago, for new taste/Highs

linde

So it was Nevs fault? I'm just poking...
It's nobody's fault. It just happened. I simply said the Dutch were the first ones to breed at a commercial scale. The first Dutch landrace f1s in the late 80s were the best dope the world has ever or will ever see. Then with the f2s we got the OG kushes and diesels etc. Then after that comes the Heinz 57. Too much gene manipulation by this time. Yes still some great genetics to fish thru but few and far between. And worse and worse with every generation afterward.

mudballs

Yeah, fkn garbage just getting worse
Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

mudballs

What does that prove?? You've got a cannabis picture! Yee haw! How does it burn? How does it taste? How is the buzz? How does it grow? How does it produce?
It's an IBL wedding cake i keep messing with. I thank you for politely asking instead of attacking. It's a couch lock alright, what i need in life. Bit fruity dessert flavor i like...got plenty of gas, chem, not much fruity...i like flavor, sue me

linde

I've been buying cannabis seeds yearly for the past 20 yrs or so from ALL the breeders. All of them. I clone and only keep the very best phenos from seed packs. Most don't make the cut I've got some great genetics but nothing that I have today compared to the stuff I was growing in 1992. Nothing

linde

It's an IBL wedding cake i keep messing with. I thank you for politely asking instead of attacking. It's a couch lock alright, what i need in life. Bit fruity dessert flavor i like...got plenty of gas, chem, not much fruity...i like flavor, sue me
I'm sure it's good smoke. You're a good grower. I'm simply saying that there is a lot of garbage to weed thru today.

mudballs

I'm sure it's good smoke. You're a good grower. I'm simply saying that there is a lot of garbage to weed thru today.
There is for sure, i was just commenting on cousin breeding is diff in cannabis...kinda beneficial if you cube or backcross

eastcoastjoe

What does that prove?? You've got a cannabis picture! Yee haw! How does it burn? How does it taste? How is the buzz? How does it grow? How does it produce?

I get the point you were trying to make but I don’t think todays offerings are nearly as bad as their made out to be. Quality has improved a lot actually

Uludag

Chat Moderator
I've got some great genetics but nothing that I have today compared to the stuff I was growing in 1992. Nothing

I know the feeling very well. Sometimes i miss a strain or cut from the past. But could it also be that this first impressions from way back then cant be found anyway a second time in life?

What i mean is for example, i had a cut from Sour diesel Ibl back in the days, maybe like 15 years ago and it was my very first impression of Sour Diesel and lucky me i got that pre selected cut from a friend so i gloryfy this cut to heaven since today and wish i could get it back to see how my feelings about it would be today.

Since back then i smoked a lot of great diesels but always have the feeling that i cant get this first impression and how it was back because it was the verry first impression and it was so nice and positive.

mudballs

I know the feeling very well. Sometimes i miss a strain or cut from the past. But could it also be that this first impressions from way back then cant be found anyway a second time in life?

What i mean is for example, i had a cut from Sour diesel Ibl back in the days, maybe like 15 years ago and it was my very first impression of Sour Diesel and lucky me i got that pre selected cut from a friend so i gloryfy this cut to heaven since today and wish i could get it back to see how my feelings about it would be today.

Since back then i smoked a lot of great diesels but always have the feeling that i cant get this first impression and how it was back because it was the verry first impression and it was so nice and positive.
That's the way i see it...my first smoke ever was 15yrs old with friends on some not-so-hot mexican weed...we could not stop laughing, hours we were stoned. It'll never be that again even if i somehow found old seeds under an old car seat

linde

There is some great weed today for sure. I am simply saying that in 1992 everything was great. Even Mexican brick weed was tasty slow burning. Great buzz. It was hard to find bad weed back then. Now it's the other way around.

Latest posts

Latest posts