What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 State of the genepool discussion.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For profit and spam as that's all we hear....
Start your own shit Skunk 1 thread or project, see if it gets praise like GG4 ( for the record I'm not saying GG4 is not amazing) just mass sharing helped it get to that status as could many strians

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The king of IC and original diesel has spoken.
You trolls love to try pull me into a fight then cry to admin afterwards 😆 🤣

I'm a long standing member and can have my say as anyone else.
I know my place here , it's with any other long standing members , no better or worse.

I love any icmag.com members but won't stand there and take shit either, wether your this Sam groupie or anyone

goingrey

Also what we doubt is that Sam purposely bred out Roadkill Skunk for a Sweet shit Skunk , why on earth would anyone take the loudest smelling/tasting plant and make it a mediocre plant ?.

Also if that is true which it isn't then how come nobody else has the Skunk anymore either as Skunk was freely available in Holland in early 90's, since Sam brought it over from USA to Holland and clones and seeds were grown commercially in the 90's in Holland.
It might seem contrary to popular opinion on the forums, a hot take so to speak, but I believe that there are actually a lot of people who genuinely like a sweet fruity weed.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The king of IC and original diesel has spoken.
Anyway nice try to ruin the thread and let's get back to the state of the genepool in 2024 , is better in some ways ( much more easy access to genetics) but worse in other ways ( to much of same varieties use to make 90% of hype strains these days and many lost genetics over the last 30 years )

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It might seem contrary to popular opinion on the forums, a hot take so to speak, but I believe that there are actually a lot of people who genuinely like a sweet fruity weed.
Yes but Skunk 1 is not Fruity weed and never has been.
Sweet and Fruity are very different, especially when talking Skunk 1

H e d g e

Internet didn't exist at this time:rolleyes:
It did, but it was really slow and used mostly for downloading fractal generators. The weed has been altered and so have the people who smoke it, it was popular with intellectuals, people organised massive peaceful protests for social change. Most cannabis smokers these days couldn’t organise a cup of tea, too busy bickering on here.
Speaking of which, I’m off to the kettle, maybe find some bud on the way.

PetePrice

No. Anybody who was ever smoked real 80s skunk weed knows. Good genetics will grow itself. The shit is gone bud. It's not yours or my fault. I guess if we can blame anyone let's blame the Dutch. They got the ball rolling with the first round of landrace crosses in the mid 80s. The first seedbanks. They initially caused the downfall of the genepool.
So it was Nevs fault? I'm just poking...

mudballs

Didn't we start with ditch weed. Shit was garbage until peeps learned and started applying the knowledge

kro-magnon

Veteran
Didn't we start with ditch weed. Shit was garbage until peeps learned and started applying the knowledge
The vast majority of it was indeed low quality, I remember some of the brick weeds we had in europe it was very bad old guys want to see their past with rose tainted glasses so they embelish the stories.
Some of the rare quality import weed I had in the mid90's was from a rasta communauty who was living in the building next to mine, they had some potent buds from all over the world coming from other rastas. Most were seedless which was nice compared to the brick weed.The Dutch hybrid were such a nice novelty when they appear on the market of my country with friends we quickly organize to grow our own to be free from hascich and brick dealers.