What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Un-roasted coffee is strange to me...

I love coffee... all kinds it seems except for mocha java, it leaves a chalky taste in my mouth.

Way more than 11 reasons to drink the brown water!

cheers, Z. finding cafe bustelo and yuban on sale (at rite aid) is a great way to experiment with robusta/arabica mixes, on the cheap.
i'm using an aeropress... http://www.aerobie.com/product/aeropress/
...for the making.
wow that's something! never heard of such a device... coming from the espressoland i have hard time accepting anything but a moka or an espresso-machine! :D i think the aeropress guys took inspiration by the ancient neapolitan moka: upsidedown approach :)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

because you can't do this with tea.......

aaff8988_zpsahs3gke2.jpg

not that I'd do that w/my coffee either :nono:

I wood

Veteran
Sumatran is working for me, dark oily beans.
Peruvian and Colombian taste nice but both leave me feeling tweaky.
A pot of Sumatran makes the tweaky feeling go away, so I'm thinking it must be the terpenes not the caffeine.
Interesting side note, two cups of any standard tea gives me the same tweakyness.
Coffee, the only addiction I've ever embraced.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

A day without coffee is a day without sunshine.

It'll be a sad day when I have to switch to decaf..........

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am totally addicted to East India companys,,,milk chocolate enrobed latte coffee beans! ,,tiny little roasted latte coffee beans dusted with choc,,,,,cant stop eating them also try to have at least one latte or americano coffee drink each day,,s2

Green Squall

A day without coffee is a day without sunshine.

It'll be a sad day when I have to switch to decaf..........

My dad's parents gave him warm milk with a little coffee in it too when he was a kid. Are your folks Italian by chance?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dad's parents gave him warm milk with a little coffee in it too when he was a kid. Are your folks Italian by chance?

my mom's side is Italian, and this is what my grandmother would give me & my sister:

she'd crack an egg into a demitasse cup, add in a heaping teaspoon of sugar & mix it up w/the spoon, then grandma would top it off w/a shot of rye whiskey. :nono:

of course this was years before Rocky even ever dreamed of drinking raw eggs.......

EDIT: oh yeah, as I recall, I was always barking for another round :friends:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nah, not Italian. French/English genes. I think my mom saw the reward of me calming down...more milk than coffee....it worked. Kind of like migraine (OTC) Rx with caffeine....it works!

I KNOW I'm sick (flu/stomach virus) when the aroma of coffee in the morning doesn't appease me. Gotta have it....not overly so (2 mugs in AM), but coffee does make the day a bit brighter. ;o)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm steeping my camomile tea bags now, the tea and my final evening (4:20am) bump will be ready to rock as also,

well here goes.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

aaff9094_zpsn1ejsitj.gif

aaff9093_zpsvnttvmj7.gif

aaff9092_zps7rckrbhy.gif

I thought DeVito was being approached by a pedobear, but
after seeing its teeth, it's just another happy coffee beaver.

Ready4

Veteran
Hello all ! :tiphat:

Another reason...... start roasting your own coffee !!!
Check out Sweet Marias ( google it) for green beans to roast and roasting machines.
If you worry about odor control with your grow, then roasting is definitely for you. A small amount of beans roasting will mask all odors super quick & lasts for a long time. Yeah your place will smell like fresh roasted coffee beans - best it has smelled in years lol

Plus when you get into roasting your own and brewing with a real coffee brewer ( Bonavita or Technivorm) you will experience the finest coffee you have EVER drank for a fraction of buying a cup.

Cover your odor cheap with the benefit of having the best coffee you will have !

ChinggisKhaan

Sweet Marias FTW!!
I have been roasting beans since 2003 and I love it. I converted an old bread machine and use a hot-air gun. Youtube has many methods so check it out if you want the freshest beans available.

French press is the best way to brew. At the end of the history of coffee documentary, every grower asked what method was preferred they all replied..........."press"

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
this is bad-
starting with a caffeinated soda this morning,
to build up enough energy to make the coffee.
:peacock:

dddaver

Veteran
Apparently, I'm a nasty slug. I just drink a mug of Folgers 1/2 caf made in a Mr Coffee every morning. Not only that, I use one of those regular bleached filters too. Man, I'm just a fuckin' scumbag. :woohoo: