What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Lol misinformation is spread quick

Theres no 20 murders theres no crew its just friends who had a connect in florida and cali and a man that was in charge of it all

The murders and attempt murders happened more so because of people tryna steal or things connected to the work nature not anything to do with growing the plant

Im tired of saying this but piff is like og its a term used for a smell and taste .. if u placed 5 heavy haze varieties on a table its all gonna be labeled haze or piff but just like OG some are orginal and it shows in the taste flavor and smell

Silver haze .. nevs haze .. o haze x skunk .. the list goes on

And whoever keeps saying there was no seeds thats a huge lie .. I always found seeds once i bought atleast a O .. there was one time i got a batch I had to give away bc it would not stay lit it wasnt wet but it would not stay lit .. i had dark/ wet/ stringy/ fluffy etc it never looked the same

Not all piff was good even in the heyday i would shop around building to building block to block u got that freedom if u were buying atleast a qp or hp .. guy might say go check my guy 2 blocks over
In this building .. they had what they called "block work" that what they sell u never get sold this unless u were paying the premium even then maybe not

They were smart in the fact they never sold others what they sold them selves making u have to come back to them for sure .. u can get good haze but the fire fire shit they kept and sold in bags which makes perfect sense

shaman369

Hey just joined in this thread as I have been searching for years to no avail for this strain/cut. Grew up in hells kitchen so this brings back memories of front step shenanigans. Man I wish there was a seed form of this, went thru good amount of this goodness still was never able to get a viable seed. Still know of few places i might be able to get that famous .8 but to risky nowadays. Im thinking/hoping that Nevilles haze or Frankie incense haze from chimera might be it. Got a pack of chimera Frankie incense haze hoping for that piff. Got a feeling that nl5x kali China from ace might have some piff qualities or also simply irresistible. Can anyone chime in lead me out of the land of lost lol.

Cannavore

Veteran
(Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Thai) aka Bandaid Haze #7 clone selected by doc_d bred by bodhi seeds. Not grown by me just a sample from a friend.

uy4kYYV.jpg

ZxMzYNK.jpg

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hey just joined in this thread as I have been searching for years to no avail for this strain/cut. Grew up in hells kitchen so this brings back memories of front step shenanigans. Man I wish there was a seed form of this, went thru good amount of this goodness still was never able to get a viable seed. Still know of few places i might be able to get that famous .8 but to risky nowadays. Im thinking/hoping that Nevilles haze or Frankie incense haze from chimera might be it. Got a pack of chimera Frankie incense haze hoping for that piff. Got a feeling that nl5x kali China from ace might have some piff qualities or also simply irresistible. Can anyone chime in lead me out of the land of lost lol.

G `day Sh

Look up Ace seeds A5 x Malawi or Nevil`s Haze x Malawi .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

A

AVOH

Simply irresistible definitely has those piffy notes
Some has lemon and raspberry notes behind them
But some phenos is straight frankincense

shaman369

been doing some research seen that some of the original hazes in the city at the time was a regular ol silver haze but a special phenotype cut but still have some more reading to do. but just wanna say thanks to everyone here for helping me with this and i appreciate all your inputs. that cuban haze looks like the green pheno from uptown near all the botanicas where could i get that in seed?? im curious to the ace a5 and neville malawi mixes how close they are maybe ill get a few for this years run

zifozonke

Very interesting thread !! .....
Never been to N.Y...or smoked "piff"...
But i thought id like to share what i found in a pack of mr Nice Mango Hz seeds last year...
Some dried bud shots ( cured 3/4 months)

....and a picture of the lady herself...

Not the highest yielder..but soooo worth it.
Not great at describing smells and tastes but /incense / earthy and woody as decribed in earlier posts would be kinda dead on...nothing fruity here with a soaring clear headed high.....leaving the room with a undescribable aroma
Piff or not ....she will be with me hopefully for years to come...

Attachments

• IMG_20190226_112728.jpg
    IMG_20190226_112728.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190201_115129.jpg
    IMG_20190201_115129.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 28

Limeygreen

Veteran
I heard doc d and bodhi agree that the bandaid haze is better than the original cut, I supposed it depends on what you prefer in the end for effects, flavours and such.

Rgd

Veteran
and not the original clone...selfed

the makeup of the CBH clone throws out different pheno types..

A5 haze cross to it also will throw out different pheno types

there is a lot to choose from..

and "better "is quite a blanket statement

considering

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I thought that bandaid haze, a5 or black haze are different to nyc uptown haze, similar chemotype doesn't mean same genetic..

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All the Dominican piff was grown in big pots of promix that's why I asked how u was doin it... and the cut which I think u got finished in 12 -14 weeks mostly 12 ... there was another different cut green silver puday that finished in 11 solid .. But it's not the one u got u got that golden 178 auto.....[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]then there was The original cut ny purple haze super stringy rose church smell (139 broadway basement cut 164 n 207 before shit really blew up) nemo nemo... it took much longer 120+ but disappeared around 2000-02"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

A

AVOH

I thought that bandaid haze, a5 or black haze are different to nyc uptown haze, similar chemotype doesn't mean same genetic..

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All the Dominican piff was grown in big pots of promix that's why I asked how u was doin it... and the cut which I think u got finished in 12 -14 weeks mostly 12 ... there was another different cut green silver puday that finished in 11 solid .. But it's not the one u got u got that golden 178 auto.....[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]then there was The original cut ny purple haze super stringy rose church smell (139 broadway basement cut 164 n 207 before shit really blew up) nemo nemo... it took much longer 120+ but disappeared around 2000-02"[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The nyc piff i know and love smells/smelled of frankincense/sandwood/cat pissy almost ammonia that when its burned you definitely know its haze from the heights
But there is/was different cuts floating around
I suppose
Just depends on when and where you were at back then and what block you got it from

bigherb

Veteran

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I’m very curious

Where and who is that quote below from can you share ?

1luvbigherb

A

AVOH

I’m very curious

1luvbigherb

Sounds like we went to gdubs together lol
Who ever posted that definitely knows he’s spots
Down to the botonica lol

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I’m very curious

1luvbigherb

its from member here, he even showed his golden cut here at icmag, then he deleted it all, so I dont want to name him, in respect to him. anyway my point was that the uptown haze smoke was coming from few tightly held cuts, so if you try to find it in some seeds(even in original seeds it would be hard), you have zero chance to find identical phenotypes, so like AVOH said, it can be close - in chemotype, but not the same...