What's new

Ace Purple Satellite

provolo

Veteran
After two weeks in my box 18/6, next update when they show their gender .

picture.php

Consolidated

One of the things I want to add is that P.S. it has become so strong and delicious that compared to 15-20 days ago it was impossible to imagine.

The smell of mothballs has become a peppery /spicy sweet lemon ... but not loud .

While most of it has been in the jars for the summer, I have kept 2 small jars with lowers nugs to bite ... in quarantine time and report here for differences over time...in the name of science,and only ...

Special herb for sure.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20200408_105932.jpg
    20200408_105932.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200331_172325.jpg
    20200331_172325.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 65

F2F

Hello all,

Going to get 6 of these up and running for an outdoor guerilla campaign this summer.

Any advice on to top, or not to top, and if so, when? Would the advice change for Oaxaca-leaners vs the Nepalese side?

Thanks in advance!
F2F

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I did a side by side test a couple years ago. Topping one and leaving the other alone. Once dried and cured, it was within a few grams total between the two plants.

To me it's not worth the risk of stressing out a plant for a minimal gain. It's certainly a mistake with auto flowering genetics. Uninterrupted growth is paramount.
Peace farmerlion

F2F

thanks for the input Farmerlion,

That experience was with Purple Satellite specifically, or just a general observation with something different?

Yes indeed I worry about the stress. I cringe every time I top! But, I may need to accept the risk and employ topping to address some other things - high winds, shading out more squat neighbors, stealth.

Talking out loud here but I suppose tying down solves all those however doesn’t it?! I suppose if folks consider topping as a yield improver, tying down should achieve similar results bringing more auxins And balance to structurally lower branches.

Best,
F2F

I did a side by side test a couple years ago. Topping one and leaving the other alone. Once dried and cured, it was within a few grams total between the two plants.

To me it's not worth the risk of stressing out a plant for a minimal gain. It's certainly a mistake with auto flowering genetics. Uninterrupted growth is paramount.
Peace farmerlion

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I ate about a dozen pollen sacs from the P. S.
I dunno, they looked all purple and pretty. Just plucked them and chewed a bit.

I think I found a new salad topping. Lol. It's crispy crunchy like texture. I would assume its pretty healthy. Pollen in general is supposed to have health benefits, and the anthocyanins that cause the purple coloration are antioxidants.
I already add De-hulled hemp seeds sometimes.

Anyone know of any nutritional study on cannabis pollen?

40degsouth

Hey CannaRed,
Nine out of ten bees say they absolutely love cannabis pollen.
In full disclosure though, I’m 111% sure one bee voted eight times:tiphat:

SolarLogos

thanks for the input Farmerlion,

That experience was with Purple Satellite specifically, or just a general observation with something different?

Yes indeed I worry about the stress. I cringe every time I top! But, I may need to accept the risk and employ topping to address some other things - high winds, shading out more squat neighbors, stealth.

Talking out loud here but I suppose tying down solves all those however doesn’t it?! I suppose if folks consider topping as a yield improver, tying down should achieve similar results bringing more auxins And balance to structurally lower branches.

Best,
F2F
Greetings brother,
I apologize, it's been busy and I haven't been on here for a while. The thing you will see with PS is some don't branch much and topping them when they are about 18" or so will force the side branches to grow. For most of the PS's, the lowest branches are not worth keeping. I took the bottom 2-3 nodes off of my plants and kept 2-3 nodes before pinching. It forced those small branches that wanted to stay short and close to the stalk to become leads. I ended up with just over 3/4 lb/plant.
I'll be on here a little more often, really looking forward to your grow!:tiphat:
Peace, God bless

F2F

Color me pink

Color me pink

Or purple...

This is an F2 from a very gracious member on the board here. Thank you sir! Long ways to the finish line but I will enjoy her while I’ve got her!

picture.php

F2F

Nothing much to show but plans. First of two germinations up and strengthening in the yard landscape before guerilla transplant in June. Props to Ace and Vermontman. These seeds all popped in 24 hrs for me - 100%! Seedlings are alive, vigorous, and hungry!

Bottom:
Two Purple Satellite F1’s from Vermontman via Ace (PS), one F2 PS (PS F2Oax).

Top:
one Zacatecas Tribute left (ZT; Vermontman via Ace), and one Golden Tiger right (GT; Ace)

picture.php

Looking to cross Mexican phenos that push the seasonal limit here. Will also try to cross earlier PS and ZT phenos with MNS Mango Haze (MH) pollen from last year. Seems like a great complementation. High hopes for my PS this season!

Cheers,
F2F

SolarLogos

Nothing much to show but plans. First of two germinations up and strengthening in the yard landscape before guerilla transplant in June. Props to Ace and Vermontman. These seeds all popped in 24 hrs for me - 100%! Seedlings are alive, vigorous, and hungry!

Bottom:
Two Purple Satellite F1’s from Vermontman via Ace (PS), one F2 PS (PS F2Oax).

Top:
one Zacatecas Tribute left (ZT; Vermontman via Ace), and one Golden Tiger right (GT; Ace)

View Image

Looking to cross Mexican phenos that push the seasonal limit here. Will also try to cross earlier PS and ZT phenos with MNS Mango Haze (MH) pollen from last year. Seems like a great complementation. High hopes for my PS this season!

Cheers,
F2F
Nice start brother. Subbed! Your crosses sound great! Haze and PS always sounded like a good fit, in fact Vermontman expressed an interest in crossing OTH with PS. That is one of the reasons I went ahead and crossed my purple haze and my OTH-punto rojo pheno with PS. Hopefully you will get some early finishers, especially it could bring down the haze flower time I'm hoping. If they are PS dominant, they should start showing sex in May.
Best of luck, going to be an exciting grow.
Peace, God bless

F2F

Yep, spot on Solar. Also, my wild guess is the MH terps could mix in an interesting way.

Staying on topic here, I’m excited about this first run with PS - digging the idea of putting 6 or more of these in a relatively tight space OD, trying to focus energy into tops while trimming lowers out. Seems the structure of PS you and others have reported can be leveraged in a very positive way.:dance013::dance013:

Cheers,
F2F

provolo

Veteran
update only Zacateca Tribute is female in my box now

alone in the box under 320 watt of cob led.

picture.php

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'd would love to get an answer from Ace about Vermontman.
Has he made contact with Ace since he was last active on Icmag?
He dropped off, I hope all is well.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hi folks at the ace homepage there are no more green mountain seeds listed. Are the gone?

I don't know what happened to the Seeds, but as far as i know Vermontman has stranded in Australia due to Corona. Don't know if Dubi is in contact with vman over mail. I know the guy who is dog sitting Vmans dog for the time he is away, hope he is fine and will be back soon.