What's new

Ace Purple Satellite

SolarLogos

Has everyone been slowly increasing night cycle like has been suggested?

Anyone just flipping straight to 12/12? Any problems?

I've seen a few male flowers, but they don't seem to be good at self pollination. I think I may have found two seeds.

I put my clones into 11/13 at the flip because I had other long flowering NLD in the flower room at the time. All of my outdoor and indoor clones had bananas, but not very serious, just one or two each and only in late flower. My indoor banana's didn't have anything to do with flower time I believe, as the outdoors girls were the same.
SL

Greatdalas

I put my clones into 11/13 at the flip because I had other long flowering NLD in the flower room at the time. All of my outdoor and indoor clones had bananas, but not very serious, just one or two each and only in late flower. My indoor banana's didn't have anything to do with flower time I believe, as the outdoors girls were the same.
SL

My purple satellite in indoor all hermaphrodites

CodyPomeray

Were these pollen producing hermies or just the sterile ones? Never heard about these sterile hermies but I read a thread from OJD and he mentioned it possible with fems. I had experiened myself this year even, seeing male preflowers and then nothing after that, no pollinations.

I know the PS are not fems, but wondering if something like that could occur. I got 30 ps to check through this year, not yet but, will post if I have any issues sexuality wise with them. Thanks for the info folks.

herbgreen

Veteran
Did you adjust the lights slowly or just fiip 12/12?

I wonder if its the Nepali or the Oaxaca side that's sensitive indoors Maybe both they are outdoor plants

Something to think about when growing Purple Satellite Indoors.....

Vermontman on another forum~

Hello gentleman and ladies, yes you need to graduate the lights down very slowly, Satellite was adapted to flower outdoors very early at latitude 42 degrees . I have never seen her herm outdoors under natural light graduation but will almost always put out male flowers on the tips of the buds which is a clear indicator that she is stressed from to abrupt of a light change. Fortunately being on the tips they can be plucked out with tweezers. There is cultural info on Seed Finder on light graduation regime for indoors. Many people have had great luck following those guidelines, but she was truly bred and promoted as an outdoor cultivar.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/landrace-genetics-101.257107/page-163#post-4604998

Info from vermontman @ seed finder

Purple Satellite outdoors finishing at latitude 42 north, from early to late Sept making Purple Satellite the earliest pure Sativa in its class for the most northern gardens.
Outdoors she is very mold resistant if you mind your nutrients starting early flower.
Purple Satellite is not prone to hermaphrodite but,

Indoors Purple Satellite takes special skills to flower properly. She does best under 360W per three square feet of red heavy LED grow lights at a flowering initiation time of 14/10 light cycle or the first several weeks. Then graduating down to 13/11 for a few weeks then down to 12/12 to finish. This comes from the Nepali side o the strain being adapted to growing in the most northern regions of Denmark where the summer day length is very long.

Purple Satellite also can be grown outdoors and brought indoors during mid flower after stretch for also exquisite results. Again under red heavy LED grow light at 13/11 for two weeks and then 12/12 to finish.LED brings on the most intense purple coloring out in the buds.

herbgreen

Veteran
'This comes from the Nepali side of the strain being adapted to growing in the most northern regions of Denmark where the summer day length is very long.'

Thanks!

D

DNM1

'This comes from the Nepali side of the strain being adapted to growing in the most northern regions of Denmark where the summer day length is very long.'

Thanks!

What's the name of that street where all the bars are in Aalborg?
:)

Consolidated

@Consolidated, could you maybe show a full plant picture? Would like to see them in their full glory, looks very well grown. :)

Thanks Pineapple Punch for your kindness...
Isn't easy to show you a plant...the 2 of the 3 are topped, only the #3 is untouched (only heavy lst),and some buds are mixed with others...
The - half?- #1.

Attachments

• 20200210_210823.jpg
    20200210_210823.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200307_210019.jpg
    20200307_210019.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200307_210654.jpg
    20200307_210654.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 44

Consolidated

Some more . First pic #1 or #2...
In the last pic shows couple of bananas, before removed, this girl is the #3. ( I am one of them who flip the lights from 18h to 12h at once...)

Attachments

• 20200307_210832.jpg
    20200307_210832.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200308_000010.jpg
    20200308_000010.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 49

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Great pictures @Consolidated, some nice colors for sure! :) Yeah the Nepali in that cross is really a sensitive plant. I saw pictures of Vermontmans Nepali grows, the hermies for sure are from this side of the cross. As i grew the Oaxaca on her own without the Nepali and not had hermie problems. But yeah the Nepali is needed for the quickness, so hard to get that trait out i guess. Maybe it's needed to run bigger numbers of the F1 to find absolutely stable plants and work it this way.

provolo

Veteran
my Purple Satellite is born whit other Green Mountain Seeds sister
my hope are all sister. :biggrin:
On Saturday they will be transferred to the box directly in the final pot with coconut and perlite under led lights.

picture.php

Consolidated

I wish you luck, my friend Provolo ..
This time i have 3 girls, last summer i got 2 males (no tricks for fast flowering, and i waited until the end of July to show me their balls...) and pollinated- early flowering Zamaldelicas at pre flowers...
As l see you have 1 of each, wish you the best of luck.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Provolo, I'm looking forward to seeing your plants grow up. Have a great season!
Peace brother

Consolidated

Hi all.
The 3 gals chopped a week-10 days from now. Close 10 weeks from flip. (They had ambers here and there, - maybe more for my taste...-)
I took couple of samples, quick drying and boom.
About the smell, all have
a nasty smell, some kind of fuel.
When I vape some , I immediately realized that it was a naphthalene smell.
All girls have a similar smell, but more obvious naphthalene smell in my #1.
The potency is here for sure. I thought some cure 'll round out a little the edges. The first 2 pic from #2 - a top and the lowest. -,then #3 and the last 2 from #1.

Attachments

• 20200322_120829.jpg
    20200322_120829.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200327_174346.jpg
    20200327_174346.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200327_175250.jpg
    20200327_175250.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200327_174610.jpg
    20200327_174610.jpg