What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

k1net1k

i hope this setup works out well because it looks sweet. The scrog screen is very well done, the leds look 'clean' in their rectangle box and rectangle pot :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
crudvapors, OneQ - hi and thanks

ScrubNinja - yeah the unit is solid, and quite heavy, i modified the hanger it came with a bit because it wasted too much height, its also got a switch which fooled me one time - im used to plugging things in and them being on :D

k1net1k - thanks mate, i copied the method and the cab style from my bigger 250 watt cab where i use four plants with foot square screens made the same way. perhaps i should have been a bit more adventurous and tried something different - but on the other hand, if it aint broke then dont fix it!

---

not much to report but the plant is looking pretty happy and is growing :). its a little colder than i would ideally like up there atm but just about within parameters.

soil temp is 65f which is just about ok (band is 65-70 ideally)
air temp is 60-72 - a little low but just about ok.
here she is - remember this plant was vegged under cfl and has only been in the cab for a couple of days
picture.php

later

V.

Last edited:

maryjohn

Veteran
ah, see verdant, this is what i was afraid of. It looks like you veged it on the LED's if you haven't read the first post.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers cheesebuds!

mj - good point - ive done a bold type edit on the post above and in the first post to try and make it clearer.

+Vibes

this will be a nice test VG! you do great work with the 250, and i'm sure this will be no different... screen is looking good! :)

++

rumblefish7d

OG refugee here...first post on IC, but been lurking for a few weeks. Great site.

Currently resurrecting a small grow, first in 5 years. Amazingly, 3 out of 3 of my 5 year old nirvana NL beans germinated along with 3 of 3 of my old c99s. About 4 days in so far...

Going with CFLs (2x42w) now, but could definetly use the low profile of these LEDs. I'll be watching this grow. Good luck VG.

p.s. can anyone direct me to some sucessful height restricted grows?- have like 12 inches of head room in a file cab that's 22'' wide x 14'' deep. Don't smoke much so only looking to get an oz. or hopefully 2. Will probably make this my mother cab in the future...

Good luck again V

mini-mota

Everything looks extremely healthy in spite of the slightly colder temps.
I'm still eagerly following this thread all the way.

Regards,

- mini

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Looking nice in there bro, very nice.

Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog: :tree: :xmasnut:

Sleepy

Veteran
kwik kwestion...

kwik kwestion...

VerdantGreen, how much distance is between the soil surface and the screen?

they look quite happy!:santa1:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
+Vibes, mini-mota, b00m - thanks for stopping by !

rumblefish7d - welcome to icmag!. i should take a look around this micro-grow forum for the limited height grows. i presume you mean 1 ft of space for growth ??.

sounds like scrog and a short plant like NL would be the way to go.

sleepy :) - its about 4-5 inches - just enough space to get me hand in basically. needed to save some height somewhere and im still slightly worried about stretch.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got my other 126w today VD so ill be starting a micro grow similar to yours with the 63w i love the way you have set it up with the square pot and the screen very nice m8..!!!

LEDGirl

Veteran
V:

I would recommend getting your temps up if possible. When using these LED's, 80 degrees plus is advised. The plants really love the 85-90 degree point if you can manage it. It will help speed up the process ;) By the way, everything looks great so far, love your little cabinet space!

MediScrogs

Go MMG ! I'm rooting for the leds all the way, thinking to try some too this summer.

You staying warm enough there V ? Hear you got a white Christmas on that side of the globe.

Kind regards

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BENJI - hey mate thanks for stopping by. my main issue is height so the large shallow pot will hopefully do the trick. i plant to put 2 plants in there if its a less stretchy strain.

LEDGirl - thanks for the advice.85-90 thats pretty warm! they should love it up in my loft in the summer ;) im doing all i reasonably can can to keep the temps up - it sounds like the weather is going to get milder here for a few days :)

MediScrogs - yes chaos here atm. a bit of cold weather and snow and the whole country grinds to a halt. it happens so rarely that there is no point in having the infrastructure etc to combat it - so we all just stay at home instead ;) any excuse :D

df! - growth is steady - the screen is largely full now so i should start letting them grow upwards for the rest of the stretch ill try and get a photo tomorrow but its the school holidays again so i have very little time to spend with my plants

V