What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good Verdant. Your 250 watt scrog is one of the most impressive grows I have seen.
I have a 63 watt led as well and will be getting a dr60 tent to grow in. The tent is a little large for the led footprint but not bad. could put a 42 watt cfl for supplement and heat, have not decided.
How long do you keep the plants pushed under the screen, or how high do they get before you let them go? I have 2.5 to 3 feet not counting 10 inches for container for mine to grow. Also, what do you think of super cropping as opposed to scrog? suppose doing them together would be overkill. I know you like bigger containers but i think a 2 gallon grow bag will likely do and be less trouble to move and cost for soil mix.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi hella! - yes ive been hidden in plain sight all this time :D

hi yesum. i would say scrog is probably easier than supercropping or lst. i tend to keep them under the screen till it is full and then let them go upwards. repotting encourages big stretch imo. i talk about all that quite a bit in the 250 quarters if you can be arsed to read it all ;)

V.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick update for you - screen pretty much full now at about 10 days.
picture.php

picture.php

merry christmas all

V.

L

LJB

i would say scrog is probably easier than... lst.

I'm curious as to why you think that is V. Your opinion is highly respected for good reasons. Your Mod-Scrog system is awesome.

I've been doing late-term LST. That is, veg grow them as if for a SOG, but than LST during the first week or so of flowering.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi LJB. imo scrog is easier because you have the support mechanism spread over the whole area and all you have to do is arrange the plant shoots under it as it grows. with lst you are training each individual shoot by various means to be in a certain place and height. this is more time consuming and needs more skill. both should end up doing the same job but i think it takes more skill and patience to do lst really well when it comes to creating a flat canopy.

V .

250wscrogger

Looking good. :smokeit: I'll be watching this one...I'm curious to see how these LED's do because I was thinking about getting one for a fun project.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#1cheesebuds thanks - yes its going ok so far.

250wscrogger - cheers - yes in the long term i see this cab as giving me versitility to try extra things, even grow males for pollen collection and the like, and the great thiing is that it really isnt going to cost hardly anything to run.

IJustWannaLearn - yes check out the spec on the LED's. on paper they seem to be way ahead of the rest of the market atm and so far the plants seem to be liking them.

yesum - thanks for providing the link :) hope you get your unit fired up soon..

V.

j6p

Good show Verdant. I'm especially intrigued by the opportunity to watch a single 63W in action. So far I've seen higher wattage grows with these lights, usually 2X126W or higher - so this is very interesting. The plants look great so far. Happy growing!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
j6p - yes it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Xtrail - im no expert on led's but as far as i know the advantage of these particular ones is that they have exact wavelengths for optimum growth as well as a different lens that keeps the light concetrated. there are lots of cheeper led's on the market but im not sure they are good enough. just red and blue ones like in your link isnt supposed to work so well.

---

plant is coming on ok and is showing some signs of flowering. so far i would say that the stretch is somewhat reduced under LEDs' which on the whole could be a good thing. having said that the lower temps atm could also reduce stretch too. anwyway the screen is pretty full and we are going to get some buds :)

V.

superpedro

Veteran
Hey Verdant.

Your plants are looking super healthy as always!

How is the growth you get from your LED during vegging? (not talking the growth rate, but the stature of the plant.) Short internodes like cfl or more like hps?

Cheers

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey superpedro - growth seems a little more compact than hps but this MMG was thrown straght into flower as it was already vegged up by cfl.

---

got an update - we've had some more growth and stretch - things are looking pretty good with a reasonably ful canopy and a little height above the screen. ideally it will grow another couple of inches before it tops out
picture.php

nugshot - as you can see it is budding up a little
picture.php

temps are still a little low but we are getting up into the 70's and soil temp is 67 so i'm ok wih that.

happy new year all

V.