What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Verdant.....looking at those pots you have the NL in...I'd say you could probably fit between 15 and 20 of them in that space....although moving them around could be a b*tch, and you've got to maintain air flow up through the bottom. But once you kill the boys, that will give you more room for airflow and branchiness.

But I'd be tempted to go for a multi-plant SOG. You should have plenty of hybrid vigour with those new babies you've made - veg them for a week or two and let 'em rip!

My impatience to see a skilled grower actually prove the buddage aspect of LED's (I'm already sold on their power in veg) may be showing though :)

Last edited:

alaskan

Shouldn't the lights be closer to the plant?

You can see on the plywood where the light begins to fade about 1/3 of the way between the light and the pot...

mini-mota

Subscribed! I've been waiting for a thread like this. Thank you, Verdant!!!!
I look forward to seeing how your grow progresses.

Regards,

-mini

Standaman

Yeah VG! Now i'm confident you will put on a well documented grow so i'm along for this one for sure!!! Good luck

MediScrogs

Hey Verdant, have fun with the led grow! I vote for putting the martian right in there 'cause a lot of people say the light color of leds is kind of unearthly. :yes:

daddy fingaz

picture.php

I have to say i wouldnt wanna be the person having to face the delivery guy to sign for a package labelled 'Penetrator' ! :redface:

on a serious not though i recon your NL cut will do nice in there, and here was me thinking you were trying to get your plant count down!?! lol.

M

mrred

go with one of your mom plants first so we can see what this system can yeild, next round ya should do like 50 seeds 12/12 from the start

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all - thanks for the great response. the decision about whether to flower the pre-vegged MMG in there or to go with the two NL clones and veg+flower in there will be made on friday. i'm leaning towards the mmg atm because it will save 4 weeks or so of veg, i have nowhere else to flower it and it will be tossed if i dont put it in the cab. also im running out of buds for it too :)

but keep the opinions coming, :)

S_a_H and superpedro - thanks for stopping by

blimey - i dont want to flower my bf crosses in there as they are untested but i knn=ow what you mean about wanting to see buds :)

maryjohn - that would be the best test i guess but it seems that its the flowering people want to be convinced of...

hey sleepy :D

alaskan - LEDgirl says 6-9 inches away and im closer to 6 :)

minimota, standaman, mediscrogs - thanks guys !

daddyfingaz - lol - luckily the packaging was very plain. plant count - yeah, i dont want to flower more than 1 or 2 in there really, but i guess i'll have to up the numbers sometimes if im goingg to test out the crosses i made :smokeit:

mrred - agreed. i know what both the mmg and nl yielded in the quarters and this LED lamp uses almost exactly the power of a quarter of 250 so the comparison should be easy with either

later

V.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hi Ya VerdantGreen :wave:, always lurked thru your other threads bro, awesome work with the 250, can't wait to see what happens with these LEDs. I think all of the peeps here in the Micro section of ICMag should head over to the LED section and check it out.

Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks b00m and ThisBuds4You!

mylar has arrived so will finish cab now.
tomorrow i will have some more pictures and a verdict on what is to be flowered. bought a nice square storage bin/rubbermaid yesterday which will be used as the pot for the flowering plants - i needed something nice and shallow so as to not use too much height.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think it is possible - more of a challenge with the mmg than the NL. i got 1.6 g/watt with the NL in my 250hps cab. the mmg came in around 1.2 g/watt i think. more space per watt in this LED cab though so maybe ;)

cheers

V.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very cool VG,,,,,,i didnt relize everyone had started getting propper into LED`s

do you have the full specs on these lights,,,?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, here is the MMG plant that has been vegging under cfl - i think it would be a shame to toss it (it was a reserve plant for my other cab) so i think chucking it straight into flower in the LED cab is the way to go. ive done the mylar and finished a few bits off so this will be put in there, 12/12 over the weekend as a 1 plant scrog. its pretty stretchy but hopefully it wont stretch too much for the cab ;)
picture.php

cheers

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts