What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

daddy fingaz

Had a little peek at the hydrogrow website and the lowdown on these LED's yesterday and EVEN more exited to see how this does now V, as you say it should be pretty equal to your 250! Apart from a 3 yr warranty couldnt see any specific info on the lifespan of the led's though thats one thing that would concern me paying that much!?

.. Anyways always a shame to toss plants so think you've made the right choice on the mmg there, should be a bit more of an interesting test for the cab aswell!?:joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey df im not totally sure but i read it should last at leat 6 years on 12/12 - thats probably a question worth asking over there. i spose you would have to factor in the cost of hps bulbs - which last about a year i think - in any comparison.

im never too sentimental about tossing plants but, as you say, the mmg will be a good test for the cab and the NL can still be vegged up and used at some point somewhere.

im hoping to get it potted up and in there tomorrow.

V.

apollonio

nice !! will be watching!

those cogolos (buds) on the cannabiscafé forums are amazing! people saying bad things about LEDs should see it... those spanish dudes have my respect as you do too verdantgreen!

keep it green (i know you will) !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks apollonio!

right i have a couple of pics for you - apologies for the quality, i borrowed a better cam off my dad but i dont seem to be able to work it very well :)

here is the MMG plant potted up with the screen fitted. i may run into stretch problems with this but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. soil mix is my regular organic one with guano as the main fert. i'll post the mix sometime.
picture.php

and here is the modular scrog unit in the cab with mylar fitted etc. things should move fairly quickly now...
picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not according to LEDgirl who makes the units - 6-9 inches is what she recommends and i am at about 7 atm.
early days, err on the side of caution :)

V.

Stevius

Hey Verdant! Gonna lurk this one if you dont mind! :lurk:

I want to see if these LEDs are anything good.

Wish you good luck bro! :wave:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maryjohn - sorry about not vegging the NL in there, if it's ay consolation you may get a good laugh at me trying to wrestle the stretch on the MMG in that space :D

labtec, jonkanoo thanks for checking :)

k1net1k - interesting, love your siggy line lol

Stevius - me too mate. if these units can produce buds of quality then they would have some great applications. they have fans built in which would useful in a tiny grow and they make no discernable noise really.

more photos in the next few days...

V.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
well I think she looks sweet as ever.
also I really wanna see this all the way to the end of flower cuz I might have to scale down to a smaller micro grow in the future. and I wanted to try LED.

:lurk::lurk::lurk::eggnog:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Nice and clean setup bro, expect nothing less from you, everything looks great, judging by the results over in the LED section so far you are going to have some fun with yours, waiting to see how you wrestle the mmg into shape.
Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#1cheesebuds - hey man, hopefully i can take it all the way to a good harvest. the MMG cut takes about 10 weeks if i remember right :)

b00m - yep they certainly seem capable of producing some buds, if this produces as well as a 150 hps or something then i will be a huge breakthrough

captainstoner, strainbrain - thanks for weighing in :D

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts