What's new

Blues 3 Ways! The ShowDown

sandsmp81

Veteran
all I know around yorkshire way that are blue strains are

steel city blues
berries (which is blues/livers to me)
bluejack or jackberry
barnsley jack (i dunno if this is that jackberry)

never heard of blue meanie apart from on these forums

"HEMPEROR"

steel city blues
bluejack or jackberry

well me personally i have never come across steel city blues and i am from the steel city! i think its just a ugorg blues that was tried to be passed off as livers but when called out was said to be steal city blues! yes there are 4 main blues strains there,s the livers/blues, barnsley jack blue cheese and blue jack! the barnsley jack is infact a jack herer,and the blue jack has no blue genetics in it its just similar to blues which is why it goes by the name blues or jack depending on where your from! barnsley or sheff! like ive said b4 blues is a type of weed not strain specific and all these would be sold on the street as blues even cheese! as far as i know i havent grown the blue jack all tho fog said my mystery cut does resemble the bluejack he grew!:tiphat: i also believe the steel city youtube vid is a crock of shit and has nothing to do with any of these strains!:biggrin:

this is the blue cheese i grew last year! very stinky med yield and loved by my friends!
this cut and psychosis are un distinguishable from one another in veg cuz i had both at the same time
funny i was chatting with a grower from the usa the other day on another forum and he said
he had been told the livers cut is infact the psychosis? lol
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

sandsmp81

Veteran
Yeah you should of surely seen that city blues if it exists seen as you're from there.

And the rest clears up a bit of confusion for me and yes I thought the Barnsley Jack was just a blue tasting Jack Herer that was a good yeilder as far as I was told.
The Jackberry or Bluejack (not sure which one) I heard may of come from up Newcastle way?

You're spot on about everything getting put out as "blues" I've deffo seen a cheese that got passed off as it before lol or maybe that was a blue cheese ffs

It's highly confusing is this weed game and strains get new names all over depending who you are dealing with.

theherbalizor

Veteran
So does the Barnsley Jack smell similar to cheese? All the jacks I've had in the past have been somewhat hazy. The blue Meanie gets put out down here as cheese... lol

That's the south coast for you.

"HEMPEROR"

So does the Barnsley Jack smell similar to cheese? All the jacks I've had in the past have been somewhat hazy. The blue Meanie gets put out down here as cheese... lol

That's the south coast for you.

no bro doesnt smell exactly like cheese but the jack up here smells fruity with a spicy undertone so it falls into the blues category! up here anyway and any bud that doesnt have much smell to it it reffered to as peacemaker i once grew a white widow seed and when i gave some to others to smoke they said oh its smells like peacemaker not blues! also anybud that is grown crap or dont have much smell can often be reffered to as orange which basicly means its shit lol im sure down south you have simular terms to the ones we use! but like i said why do you think livers is refered to as blues livers! same as blue jack! its jack that smelly bluesy so got ther name blues jack! up here all these stinky fruity types are blues simple as and thats why there has been so much confusion cuz ppl have been given cuts up here reffered to as blues so they think they have the livers cut but thats just not so!years ago when i first grabbed the barnsley jack cut i thought it was livers until i was given the livers cut! also my mystery cut i grabbed from croppers in barnsley said it was blues! could turn out to be one of any of the 4 main ones bearing in mind they all look so alike!

Last edited:
F

Fields~of~Green

Same in America, kind bud, sour ,platinum,kush all terms for top grade bud

F

Fields~of~Green

steel city blues
bluejack or jackberry

There's jackberry going around here and Barnsley Jack the 11wk flower one

S a n n i e s sell jackberry seeds and there own Jack varient f7 I think :tiphat:

"HEMPEROR"

nice im sure with you been a northerner you know exactly wot im saying but to others they must be thinking im talking rubish but that is how it is up here ive never seen any kush on our streets its usually jack, amnesia or blues! not see anything else being sold!
hey fog ive heard that ******s jackberry f4 isnt that good have you grown it! no experience myself but i do have a pack in the vault so it could be idle chat but thats wot ive read at other places! try and grab those cuts fog and show us them!

F

Fields~of~Green

yeah its all blues and jack up here the Barnsley jack keeps eluding me I will get it though

mate phoned me up hes just been given some blues cuts and asked me if its better than blue meanie I told him to give me a blues cut the guy he got it off says its the real one hes growing the meanie next then the blues he just got

not tried any of ******s gear wouldn't mind trying the killing fields though

"HEMPEROR"

nice sounds like a plan cant wait to see it! i wouldnt worry too much on anymore blues cuts tho tbh you have the livers cut now plain and simple! although if he,s gunna give you one then why not run it! same thing i did grabbing the offline blues cut! its the grower in us lol oh and the barnsley jacks not hard to come by my man you just gotta ask the rite person!:tiphat:

sandsmp81

Veteran
fully agree with you chaps about what is sold up here...mostly blue strains and the odd haze if you're lucky I'm so glad I don't have to deal with these people and their crap......lol I think one fella once ran a kush after all the hype but it prob yielded fuck all so they gave up.

"HEMPEROR"

Yay look wot landed at my doorstep this morning! stardawg ix (the dude) pollen, sweet think im gunna dust a little tiny branch of the blues and meanie! should be some killer progeny if it works! my first time with owt like this! not sure as to how much you use but ill figure it out! ill probly use the bread bag method! throw some pollen in a clean bread bag, put the bread bag on a branch and twist tie to seal the opening! give it a shake then 3 days later carefully remove the bag and give the branch a light spraying with water to stop any further pollination! happy days.......:biggrin: thanks kind gifter...
picture.php

Last edited:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Nice, been reading about the dude at another place. Crazy resinous male. That pollen will go a looong way. The bag method works but so does painting the lower buds with a pollen covered paintbrush.

Please hit all your cuts!

Peace

F

Fields~of~Green

Nice one mate Get dusting a little goes a long way pop what's left in the freezer with some rice or moisture pack in airtight tub

:tiphat:

"HEMPEROR"

Nice, been reading about the dude at another place. Crazy resinous male. That pollen will go a looong way. The bag method works but so does painting the lower buds with a pollen covered paintbrush.

Please hit all your cuts!

Peace

yes mate it was a find by our very own sodium sunburn over at the zon seed collectors thread! its been used in many a crosses and the one causing a stir at the moment is the stardawg x wifi using this male! yeh im gunna do a little reading and see wots up but yeh the paint brush is an option! im also sending this pollen on over at stax i think there,s about 6 heads waiting on it lol! cheerz for the advice..........:biggrin:

"HEMPEROR"

Nice one mate Get dusting a little goes a long way pop what's left in the freezer with some rice or moisture pack in airtight tub

:tiphat:

yeh im gunna wot week is best to dust,week 3? yeh i already promised to share it mate and i will more than likely fuck it up in the fereezer so dont wanna be spitefull and waist it!:biggrin:

F

Fields~of~Green

I have zero experience when it comes to tossing pollen but piff will know for sure

T

Terps

nice score on the stardawg pollen mate that sodium sunburn's stardawg keeper looks killer.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
yeh im gunna wot week is best to dust,week 3? yeh i already promised to share it mate and i will more than likely fuck it up in the fereezer so dont wanna be spitefull and waist it!:biggrin:

Seeds normally take max 5 weeks to mature so yeah if it's an 8 week strain get dusting at end of week 3. I've waited until end of week 4/5 before on 10 weekers, which gives you a lot more pistils to drop pollen on and therefore more seeds in the end but if you just want a few then week three should be good.

Don't know about freezing and rethawing, all I know is moisture will kill the pollen so try and keep it dry and use it asap!

Good luck!

Peace

Z

zooty

Yay look wot landed at my doorstep this morning! stardawg ix (the dude) pollen, sweet think im gunna dust a little tiny branch of the blues and meanie! should be some killer progeny if it works! my first time with owt like this! not sure as to how much you use but ill figure it out! ill probly use the bread bag method! throw some pollen in a clean bread bag, put the bread bag on a branch and twist tie to seal the opening! give it a shake then 3 days later carefully remove the bag and give the branch a light spraying with water to stop any further pollination! happy days.......:biggrin: thanks kind gifter...
View Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxqJd3a4VI

watch this hemp will tell you everything you need to know